Random Green Day News

Hermione

The definitive Green Day playlist

For the better part of the 30 years, Green Day has carried the flag for the pop-punk movement. It's been an up-and-down journey, but the band is still standing, armed with a catalog full of classic and memorable hits.

Here's our definitive list of the 25 best Green Day songs.

https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainment/articles/the_definitive_green_day_playlist/s1__35749739

‘The Outsiders’ House: Tiny Tulsa museum drawing big names

Green Day, in Tulsa for a surprise show at Cain’s Ballroom, also called and asked to stop by. “They came through and were fans as well,” O’Connor said, noting that frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has ties to Oklahoma — his mother is from the Sooner State.

https://fox4kc.com/news/the-outsiders-house-tiny-tulsa-museum-drawing-big-names/

• Like 1

10 Greatest Hard Rock Moments On Live TV

10. Billie Joe Needs One Minute

Sometimes when you're performing in front of a live audience, you're going to need some liquid courage to get you through the set. Since there are going to be potentially millions of people watching you play music, having a little something to take the edge off normally helps a musician relax for a little bit. If you learn anything from Billie Joe Armstrong though, it's best not to mix and match.

After coming off of the somewhat lackluster reception of Green Day's first entry in their trilogy of albums Uno, Billie Joe was a little bit off the rails when he arrived at the iHeartRadio music festival. Already out of his mind on prescription pills, Armstrong decided to wash it down with some drinks at the bar, by which time he was hammered when he got onstage.

Once they were expected to close things out with Basket Case, Armstrong stops halfway through because of his teleprompter telling him he only has a minute left. Calling out other musicians and smashing his guitar in the process, Billie promised to be back only to check himself into rehab a few weeks later. Considering this was the show that also featured acts like Usher and Justin Bieber, this was about as rock and roll as the night ever truly got.

https://whatculture.com/music/10-greatest-hard-rock-moments-on-live-tv

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

8b003a97b792462c489620b43c81d5a150b053c9

5af1df40c48370facf9657fad797ccce9b7b3864

After posting about the American Idiot 17th anniversary I realised that Uno shared the same anniversary and was 9 on 21 September 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I might splurge and get that. Still don't have a turntable, but AI is my favorite album period and it would be a shame not to jump on this opportunity. I just got paid today so... 🤔

• Like 3

Nobody's ever taken a 5088 on tour before...until now. Green Day's long-time FOH Engineer Kevin Lemoine walks us through why he chose a Rupert Neve Designs 5088 for this year's Hella Mega tour, how it's configured for his specific use, and (most importantly) how it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPeveEvT5l0

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I've written a travel guide on how to plan a tour of the Bay Area's Green Day history. This is mostly about getting there and the most common questions I get asked about safety, money, etc because a surprising amount of people are scared off by Oakland's reputation and the misconception that flights to California are prohibitively expensive. I'll write up some example itineraries in other posts.

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/post/plan-gd-history

This is a masterpiece of work. You’re amazing. Thank you for this ❤️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

For the many many people who have asked “how tall is Billie Joe?” over the years, finally a video has surfaced where he admits it himself — 5’7” 

I was so sure he was shorter. I guess his big head makes the illusion he looks shorter. Tré actually is the shortest in Green Day?

58 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I was so sure he was shorter. I guess his big head makes the illusion he looks shorter. Tré actually is the shortest in Green Day?

The first time I saw Billie in person on the pavement/sidewalk outside the St James Theatre in New York I couldn't believe how tiny he was and I'm 5'6". He just seemed tiny in every way. I think it's partly because he keeps his hands in his pockets and hunches his shoulders over? 

I have to say even Tre seemed tiny when I met him but he was thinner on the 99 Revolutions Tour 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

The first time I saw Billie in person on the pavement/sidewalk outside the St James Theatre in New York I couldn't believe how tiny he was and I'm 5'6". He just seemed tiny in every way. I think it's partly because he keeps his hands in his pockets and hunches his shoulders over? 

I have to say even Tre seemed tiny when I met him but he was thinner on the 99 Revolutions Tour 

Cool! I hope to see these tiny men in person some day. I am every intrigued. I think he’s shorter than 5’7”. Even the clip said “about 5’7” that could maybe mean almost anything. You’re 5’6” and he seemed short or just like he was trying to shrink with his posture? I always felt like he was an ultimate showman on stage but ultimately the shyest in real life when he wanted to be. I love his puffed up stage presence and his sometimes vulnerability in interviews etc.

• Like 4

I think Tre is the shortest, just by a whisker, he certainly seems it in lots of pics though it pays to check out their shoes.  😂 I think Tre just seems bigger because he is much chunkier than Billie, also as @solongfromthestars said, Billie’s posture makes him seem smaller.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm still convinced Billie is 5'8". I'm nearly 5'8" (definitely an inch taller than you @Rumpelstiltskin2000 :P) and Billie was at least an inch taller than me when I got onstage. I think that may well be because he slumps offstage but stands up straight when he's in his element.

You were onstage?? That’s amazing ❤️ 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Saw this on Twitter from the bands early days

"Sold them white crosses , loved speed."

What are "white crosses"? A type of drugs?

I thought it was common knowledge that Billie is 5'7". Tré I think is only 5'6", but he's stockier so he looks bigger and that's why Billie's always the one who's perceived as the shortest/smallest of the group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think it means Dexedrine a type of prescription drug used like amphetamine? 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white cross

I had to Google it! 

Thanks for the link ☺️
I tried googling too, but the only thing I could find was information from medical professionals, an informational website for a dentist called "White Cross", and a company with the same name 😅

• Like 1