Random Green Day News

Hermione

https://loudwire.com/machine-gun-kelly-travis-barker-cover-edwyn-collins-a-girl-like-you-paradise-city-trailer/

THE 40 BEST COVER SONGS OF 2020

Billie Joe Armstrong, "That Thing You Do" (Originally by The Wonders)

The Green Day frontman hopped into action right at the beginning of the Covid-19 restrictions, starting a series of covers to keep fans entertained while at home. The covers eventually turned into an album titled No Fun Mondays named after his series. While there were a number of great covers to choose from, we’re spotlighting “That Thing You Do,” which was penned by Fountains of Wayne songwriter Adam Schlesinger for the 1996 film of the same name. Schlesinger died from Covid-19 on April 1 at the age of 52. The Armstrong cover, in honor of Schlesinger, recalls the brilliant pop sensibilities and catchy hooks that the musician was known for.

• Like 4

Larry Livermore is the guest speaker at this free event tomorrow on the subject of intuitive ideation, and will talk about the intuition that prompted him to offer to make records for a teenage Green Day.  Register here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intuitive-ideation-tickets-146076586001?aff=erelexpmlt&fbclid=IwAR09S4PdAyxhwmWLVpur_DkcuSgLvIUnTFbbGbDubP_b0aYGjx9Imu0mZXo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh damn! I'd really love to see that, but I have to work at that time. :cry: Can anyone capture it?

Formerly radio.com. Sounds like they are competing with Spotify as a new music, news, podcast streaming service. This kind of stuff worries me that to make more money bands will start having exclusive deals with different services like TV shows do with Netflix, Prime, etc. I don’t want to have to subscribe to multiple music services to get all the bands I follow like I have to do with TV.

• Like 4

Don't know if it's Green Day related but Kevin Preston is in this new video along with Noodles from Offspring, No Doubt, Dead Kennedys, etc... @The Grohl it's for you!

• Love 3

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Don't know if it's Green Day related but Kevin Preston is in this new video along with Noodles from Offspring, No Doubt, Dead Kennedys, etc... @The Grohl it's for you!

KEVIN! IT'S MAH BOY KEVIN!!! :wub:

HI KEVIN!!

Thank you for spreading the good word of Kevin Preston.

• Like 3

I hate to say this.... but has Kevin gained a couple of COVID pounds.... that jawline looks a little.... softer than normal..... is he like Billie Joe and every bit of weight change shows in his face?  Cool video.

Kevin = extremely good looking person (this video especially) and any (any) similarities between Kevin and Fink Joe = amazing I am happy :)

And yes this is a cool video. I like it a lot.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I hate to say this.... but has Kevin gained a couple of COVID pounds.... that jawline looks a little.... softer than normal..... is he like Fink Joe and every bit of weight change shows in his face?  Cool video.

Nothing wrong with a bit of thicc boi Kevin 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I feel like at least 100 million of the views on 21 Guns were probably me. I used to watch that music video literally every day. 😅

• Like 2

You can get a GD print from Sara Rose and one from Tim Armstrong if you sign up for Oakland Coffee 

I'm sure it's been posted but check out this cover of Novacaine by Kelsey Karter.  The minor key change was purposeful btw. I can dig it.  I have no idea how old this is but it's the first time I saw it.

I never know where to put this stuff, but did you see Sara’s IG of Ramona’s  wedding shower, getting married July apparently.  Also, did anyone notice, was that Lennie in her post the other day at the beach, it looked like it?

https://instagram.com/stories/bubukittyfk/2549826934684992394?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1k8bw8b8xoc0j

28 minutes ago, jengd said:

I never know where to put this stuff, but did you see Sara’s IG of Ramona’s  wedding shower, getting married July apparently.  Also, did anyone notice, was that Lennie in her post the other day at the beach, it looked like it?

https://instagram.com/stories/bubukittyfk/2549826934684992394?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1k8bw8b8xoc0j

Yes, it was in her story, the dogs were playing together. The Armstrongs must have been guests at the shower.

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I wondered if anyone else had noticed it looked like Lenny in her story on Saturday.

Here is a screenshot of the other story (i covered up the handles, I think both of them are private accounts):

3d24b6acde22b3416bb9fb0ec74ef6a099e75667

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Where is Lennie? I can't find him :(

It was just a brief story with two dogs playing on the beach, Tre’s Frenchie (whose name I forget, bad fan) and what looked like Lennie.