alexwetherell

2017/07/01 - BST Festival, Hyde Park, London, UK

Don't wanna sound needy but if someone records the radio broadcast can you perhaps upload it to youtube?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

Hahaha I really enjoyed reading this one!

I love that she managed to describe all the great things about a Green Day show. I've written many reviews myself and it's often hard to put in words what you've experienced, especially when the show and conjoint experience were so special/emotional.

1 hour ago, paperlanterns22 said:

Don't wanna sound needy but if someone records the radio broadcast can you perhaps upload it to youtube?

Yeah, I'll be recording it and probably upload it to Mega and YouTube. I think @AimieeSmith will do too? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah, I'll be recording it and probably upload it to Mega and YouTube. I think @AimieeSmith will do too? 

Thank you, I'm kind of surprised absolute radio are allowed to broadcast the whole show but hey I'm not complaining 

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah hopefully on Youtube if all goes to plan haha . 

I made this http://imgur.com/a/4pu4E 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

Hahaha I really enjoyed reading this one!

What a great article! It was pretty wonderful, I felt like we were really part of something that whole day 

• Like 1

They're showing the highlights from last years BST on Sky Arts a lot recently, I wonder when they'll show this years? I walked near a camera giving a slight look of disgust to some people who were singing WMUWSE badly so I hope that's on the highlights. 

Absolute Radio have started playing the show but the songs aren't in Order:
1. Basket Case
2. Bang Bang
3. Holiday

So far.

Realise I've not actually posted here since before the show. It was my brother's 16th, but since we got overnight buses to and from london, we were properly knackered from the whole thing. And I gained a few blisters and a lot of pain in my legs for a while after. Meant we didn't really have the energy to go to a meet-up, unfortunately. Since we had priority entry, and got back tot he queue probably less than half an hour before the doors opened, we went in and out of the golden circle and got wristbands as soon as we went in. So we saw Jesse Malin and SWMRS in full, and most of Stiff Little Fingers, the Damned and Gogol Bordello, before staying in the circle for Rancid and Green Day. I wanted to see the Living End and the Stranglers, but by the point it would have taken far too long to walk the length of the park, with the number of people there. The ability to wander back and forth and lie on the grass but still get back into the golden circle later was great. My brother took full advantage of it, and filled up our water bottles in the break before Green Day. Being able to have a water bottle at all was super useful, especially since it was warm. 

It was such a great show, and I'm glad there's a proper recording of bohemian rhapsody, although my recording is closer to the actual atmosphere when you're there. :lol: 

• Like 1

Meant to post this yesterday, Kerrang review of the show. 5 Ks, naturally :lol: 

• Like 4

This show made me realise how much I miss them. I need to see them about 393293420 more times. 

• Like 3

Anyone got the photo from the little post-show meet up at Marble Arch?  If you could either post it in the picture thread or send it to me in a PM it would be awesome, as I've not seen it yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Anyone got the photo from the little post-show meet up at Marble Arch?  If you could either post it in the picture thread or send it to me in a PM it would be awesome, as I've not seen it yet.

I think it was posted in the facebook group we made for the event, if i am not mistaken :) you can look there maybe?

Just now, TheGreenDayKidd said:

I think it was posted in the facebook group we made for the event, if i am not mistaken :) you can look there maybe?

I was never in the group :( 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I was never in the group :( 

Oh sorry, i didn't know.. i will try to find it in the group and send to you... 

Found it! But how idk how to post pictures here? :o

• Like 1

Well, if it's a facebook photo I think you can just copy+paste the link here and it should embed automatically?

25 minutes ago, TheGreenDayKidd said:

Oh sorry, i didn't know.. i will try to find it in the group and send to you... 

Found it! But how idk how to post pictures here? :o

You basically have to post a link to the picture if it's already online somewhere else, or put it online somewhere (e.g. Photobucket) and  then post the link. If it doesn't embed automatically you can click on 'insert other media' and then 'insert image from URL.

• Like 1

Fd3YA58.jpg

It's pretty small and blurry for a picture from 2017 imo :P
But that's the highest quality available in the Facebook group I think

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pieterv said:

It's pretty small and blurry for a picture from 2017 imo :P
But that's the highest quality available in the Facebook group I think

Thanks, much better than nothing!

This was taken on my camera. I'll upload the original today

• Like 1

DSC04501.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

still a bit blurry, maybe because it was so dark...idk

• Like 3

On 02/07/2017 at 3:47 PM, basketcase4933 said:

Worst of this is that this guy and his girlfriend actually tried to befriend me in Manchester earlier this year and then behaved like this hurting numerous people and spoiling the show for them (I would imagine even for himself).

GD killed though - as always!

I can't believe I'm actually still struggling to move my left leg from this guy keep pushing and whoever spat on me - whatever it was still won't wash out of my clothes! 

wVR7pIg.jpg

It's gross - it was in my hair too!

Oh my God that's gross :sick:

• Like 1