Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

alexwetherell

2017/07/01 - BST Festival, Hyde Park, London, UK

564 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if you get Golden Circle, if there will be a stamp/wristband to be able to move in and out freely? I know they did it at the Emirates Stadium! I'm not too fussed for barrier but would like to make Golden Circle like everyone else! Surely they must know people will need to eat and drink and pee! :ermm:

2 hours ago, DookieDerp said:

Does anyone know if you get Golden Circle, if there will be a stamp/wristband to be able to move in and out freely? I know they did it at the Emirates Stadium! I'm not too fussed for barrier but would like to make Golden Circle like everyone else! Surely they must know people will need to eat and drink and pee! :ermm:

I herd sometimes the do, if you buy the summer VIP garden tickets ten yes 

18 hours ago, gd86arg said:

All the European tour before, and he only talked about Hyde Park :o
Maybe we could expect something special :runaround:

Maybe it's more of him showing his thoughts towards the UK regarding the current tragedy.

1 hour ago, Mary711 said:

Maybe it's more of him showing his thoughts towards the UK regarding the current tragedy.

I think Tré posted that photo yesterday morning!

2 people like this

It's probably just because Americans tend to forget the fact that England is actually in Europe :lol: so he mentioned Europe and therefore had to mention England... 

1 person likes this

Might be that it's just a special one for them because of the venue, but hopefully we get something special, not exactly sure what it could be though.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Might be that it's just a special one for them because of the venue, but hopefully we get something special, not exactly sure what it could be though.

That's what I was thinking.  Playing in Hyde Park is different from a normal festival, so it could be that.  Not often they get to play in a park in the middle of a city.  Still hoping for something special though.

2 people like this

I think they like to hype it up because it does feel like the 'Wembley stadium' or 'Emirates' of this tour. I hope they do some special stuff! 

2 people like this

It'd be cool if they bring out some guests like Foo Fighters have done by getting Brian May and Lemmy out for their Hyde Park gig (and got John Paul Jones and Roger Taylor for Milton Keynes, which I was at!)

1 person likes this

Something that I find interesting about Hyde Park is the stage.  It's different from other standard festivals in that it's massive, it has the ''oak'' and a huge continuous screen spanning the entire width of the stage. When I see what other artists have done with that video screen, I'm interested to see what Green Day will come up with (also keeping in mind the various TV show appearances in 2016/2017, they had some cool video backgrounds there). They may of course simply resort to their standard backdrops and just use the screens for live monitors. Either way, the set-up, the location etc. does make me very excited! 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Something that I find interesting about Hyde Park is the stage.  It's different from other standard festivals in that it's massive, it has the ''oak'' and a huge continuous screen spanning the entire width of the stage. When I see what other artists have done with that video screen, I'm interested to see what Green Day will come up with (also keeping in mind the various TV show appearances in 2016/2017, they had some cool video backgrounds there). They may of course simply resort to their standard backdrops and just use the screens for live monitors. Either way, the set-up, the location etc. does make me very excited! 

Yeah I love the backgrounds they did - reminds me of how cool the photo backgrounds at the hall of fame were.

1 person likes this

Yeah, it would kind of be a missed opportunity tbh if they didn't make use of that screen...

I really dislike the layout considering the giant tree or whatever it was right in the middle. All I know is I went to see McBusted play, and I didn't get to see McBusted play. I've learned my lesson & will be getting there much earlier this time. :P