Paola17

2016/10/07 - Rough Trade NYC, New York City, NY

jetsrule128
49 minutes ago, desertrose said:

The concert is Friday why are they talking about Saturday. 

SHIELD
41 minutes ago, spider man. said:

Basically I'm going to be stalking social media and everything to see how the line is doing, and as long as there's still room I plan to show up around midnight as long as that's not too late I'm thinking. If 12 hours isn't early enough to wait in line, that's where I draw the line.

When were you thinking of going?

12am?! I think that's good, obviously the earlier the better. I talked about it with my sister I'm going to leave here at 3am to get there for 4... What do you think?

spider man.
Just now, SHIELD said:

12am?! I think that's good, obviously the earlier the better. I talked about it with my sister I'm going to leave here at 3am to get there for 4... What do you think?

Ah I hope so! Honestly, I think at 4 you should be fine. I've looked basically everywhere about the show today, and from what I saw there was a handful of people that said they were going to camp, like myself, but like 90% of what I saw was people saying they were going to skip school/show up around 6am. I'm thinking 4 should be safe!

SHIELD
Just now, spider man. said:

Ah I hope so! Honestly, I think at 4 you should be fine. I've looked basically everywhere about the show today, and from what I saw there was a handful of people that said they were going to camp, like myself, but like 90% of what I saw was people saying they were going to skip school/show up around 6am. I'm thinking 4 should be safe!

Awesome, im gonna try to come as prepped as possible. I missed out the Starland concert.... so I pray I can get it. Ill keep in contact with you during the week in preparation for the show :) Lets hope we get in!

• Like 1

spider man.

Also, I don't know how relevant this is, but I just saw it was announced that Green Day will be hosting KROQ at 5:00pm on Friday. KROQ is a California station, meaning it'll be 8:00pm NY time. If they're hosting it live, which I'm thinking they will be considering it says they'll be giving away tickets to the LA show, that'd mean they'll be hosting the radio show at 8:00 Friday night, meaning the show that starts at 7 would have to be over by then, meaning it'd be an hour (at most) show? I'm truly just speculating.

• Like 2

Clockwise
4 minutes ago, spider man. said:

Also, I don't know how relevant this is, but I just saw it was announced that Green Day will be hosting KROQ at 5:00pm on Friday. KROQ is a California station, meaning it'll be 8:00pm NY time. If they're hosting it live, which I'm thinking they will be considering it says they'll be giving away tickets to the LA show, that'd mean they'll be hosting the radio show at 8:00 Friday night, meaning the show that starts at 7 would have to be over by then, meaning it'd be an hour (at most) show? I'm truly just speculating.

I think it must be pre-recorded, because even if the set is half an hour or less that gives them very little time to get to wherever they would broadcast live from. 

sara_gd
3 minutes ago, spider man. said:

Also, I don't know how relevant this is, but I just saw it was announced that Green Day will be hosting KROQ at 5:00 on Friday. KROQ is a California station, meaning it'll be 8:00 NY time. If they're hosting it live, which I'm thinking they will be considering it says they'll be giving away tickets to the LA show, that'd mean they'll be hosting the radio show at 8:00 Friday night, meaning the show that starts at 7 would have to be over by then, meaning it'd be an hour show? I'm truly just speculating.

Do we know the time they're starting for sure? Maybe they host it on stage! That would be cool :lol:

• Like 1

spider man.
2 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I think it must be pre-recorded, because even if the set is half an hour or less that gives them very little time to get to wherever they would broadcast live from. 

It's got to be, right? Because yeah, you're right, otherwise there's hardly any time for them to play and go to wherever they'll need to be.  The only thing that confuses me is how they'd give away tickets when its pre-recorded. How would people know when to call in?

3 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Do we know the time they're starting for sure? Maybe they host it on stage! That would be cool :lol:

Yeah, Rough Trade has said it and it's on the picture advertising the show. Doors are at 6:30, show is at 7. Hahaha I'd be for that!

• Like 1

sara_gd
4 minutes ago, spider man. said:

It's got to be, right? Because yeah, you're right, otherwise there's hardly any time for them to play and go to wherever they'll need to be.  The only thing that confuses me is how they'd give away tickets when its pre-recorded. How would people know when to call in?

Yeah, Rough Trade has said it and it's on the picture advertising the show. Doors are at 6:30, show is at 7. Hahaha I'd be for that!

That's a good point, if it's pre recorded they can't have the lucky fans OMGoing on air :P but I suppose they can say "ring now" and be the number X to ring, or answer a question or whatever, and contact the people after, privately or once the recording has ended. Would that work? Idk, I guess we'll just wait and see!

lucky_stars
1 hour ago, spider man. said:

Basically I'm going to be stalking social media and everything to see how the line is doing, and as long as there's still room I plan to show up around midnight as long as that's not too late I'm thinking. If 12 hours isn't early enough to wait in line, that's where I draw the line.

When were you thinking of going?

I was kind of thinking the same thing, although I'd love to be able to show up around 4 or 5 - my boyfriend can't join so I'd be roughing it alone. :/ 

BCap

Missed the D.C. show, but I think I'm gonna try to make this. My friend and I are seeing Bad Religion (with Against Me!) the day before at Fillmore Silver Spring (in Maryland), so we are probably gonna leave right after the show and high-tail it straight to New York City. It's a three-and-a-half hour drive, and I dunno what time Bad Religion will finish (I assume relatively early since it's a weeknight and the Metro closes at midnight because it sucks and likes to catch fire). Hoping to get there by 3:00 a.m. NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN! (Please tell me the store is in Brooklyn - I've already had to endure not seeing Green Day and learning that Archer will be ending after the tenth season today, please don't let me have made this Beastie Boys reference in vain!)

36 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

That's a good point, if it's pre recorded they can't have the lucky fans OMGoing on air :P but I suppose they can say "ring now" and be the number X to ring, or answer a question or whatever, and contact the people after, privately or once the recording has ended. Would that work? Idk, I guess we'll just wait and see!

Well, if it's pre-recorded, they can also bleep out any swearing.

Or maybe they'll just host it live from New York - my dad's friend co-hosts the morning show on KROQ, but he doesn't live in California. He has a studio set up at home so he can do it remotely.

• Like 1

Paola17
21 minutes ago, BCap said:

Missed the D.C. show, but I think I'm gonna try to make this. My friend and I are seeing Bad Religion (with Against Me!) the day before at Fillmore Silver Spring (in Maryland), so we are probably gonna leave right after the show and high-tail it straight to New York City. It's a three-and-a-half hour drive, and I dunno what time Bad Religion will finish (I assume relatively early since it's a weeknight and the Metro closes at midnight because it sucks and likes to catch fire). Hoping to get there by 3:00 a.m. NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN! (Please tell me the store is in Brooklyn - I've already had to endure not seeing Green Day and learning that Archer will be ending after the tenth season today, please don't let me have made this Beastie Boys reference in vain!)

Yes, it's in Brooklyn-Williamsburg to be specific.

Your reference didn't go to waste!

• Like 1

TessTheGreatt

I wouldn't encourage camping at rough trade either unless you or your friend has a car. It's right near the water so it gets cold easily with the slightest bit of wind. Personally I'm just showing up super early cuz I'm not gonna haul too much in an uber to be going home not long after lol

punkangel

So... They will perfom or not?

Dakke
Just now, punkangel said:

So... They will perfom or not?

Yes, they will, Friday at 7 pm, presumably they will play the whole album for the first time.

• Like 1

TessTheGreatt

My friend called & was told the capacity for fans will be 250 since the balcony will be roped off for the band & label people. Apparently there will also be cops to control the line so it doesn't start until sunrise which will be between 6:50-7am

• Like 3

spider man.

Ughh I almost want to call and ask, too. I just know if they say no line before 6:50AM, there will somehow already have been a line or numbered people or SOMETHING, and I'll show up at 6:50 and there will already be too many people there.

lucky_stars
1 minute ago, spider man. said:

Ughh I almost want to call and ask, too. I just know if they say no line before 6:50AM, there will somehow already have been a line or numbered people or SOMETHING, and I'll show up at 6:50 and there will already be too many people there.

If there are cops policing the line I wonder if they will stop people from forming a line/numbered system... ahhh I don't know

spider man.
2 minutes ago, lucky_stars said:

If there are cops policing the line I wonder if they will stop people from forming a line/numbered system... ahhh I don't know

Ahh that's true too! This whole thing is way more stressful than it should be haha

TessTheGreatt
3 minutes ago, lucky_stars said:

That's the point of the cops being there because camping is what they're really trying to avoid

spider man.
6 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

That's the point of the cops being there because camping is what they're really trying to avoid

What time were you thinking of getting there? Idk. I may still go and if they're turning people away, just park somewhere close and hang out until they stop. I live an hour away, so I'm not going to go down, be turned away, then go back a few hours later, but I'm still too nervous to not show up until like 7am.

Clockwise

Yeah, tons of venues try to enforce no lining up early but I don't think it ever really works. If I go, I'm still getting there at 11-12 and just seeing what happens.

spider man.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just going to show up like I originally planned. 

Clockwise

To those of you camping overnight, once you get your wristband are you just gonna get right back in line for the show or go home and nap or something? 

• Like 1

shakescky
1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

To those of you camping overnight, once you get your wristband are you just gonna get right back in line for the show or go home and nap or something? 

probably get something to eat and then get back in line. i don't expect to be in front. those days for me are over unless it's a few artists i really care about (iggy pop, pearl jam).