Paola17

2016/10/07 - Rough Trade NYC, New York City, NY

djrossstar

I would say line up by 5:30am/6:00am. As long as people don't try to save spots and have all 50 of their friends cut (happens too often), you should be fine.

spider man.

Ugh I'm so conflicted. Considering going in late to work or getting the day off, but the earliest I would get there would be 5:30/6. I don't want to waste a day at work to show up and not even be able to get in...

punkangel
13 minutes ago, Andres said:

He's talking about the private listenings announced in the Idiot Nation. No setlist info about this specific show has been announced.

Dammit Patrice! Nobody likes you! (I hope somebody catch the How I Met Your Mother reference lol) 

• Like 2

Paola17

As much as I want to ask for a day off of work (no classes) and be able to leave Thursday night and be in NY that same evening, I can't do to future events in which I won't be in for 2 days and a bit of work. (Also, it's only the third week of the term and I feel bad asking for time off already, despite having worked in the office for 2 full years now).

Seems as if many are excited for this. Let's only hope they do RevRad front-to-back.

shakescky

i will do my best to acquire a ticket. i missed seeing them in boston, so this seems extra special. thank goodness i get into town a day early.

Edited by shakescky

Clockwise

UGH. I just saw Beach Slang here last week and it is TINY. People will definitely be lining up over night for tickets. Should I?

• Like 1

Paola17

So as they will be placing the wristbands at the counter, you can't have others purchase the album for you.

Nice to know I can't send my mom to pick it up  for me...

If the sale began at any time before 11, I'd have gone to pick the wristband myself. Gosh darn it. 

fatalforce3

How long do you guys think Green Day will play for?

spider man.

My other favorite artist did pretty much the same thing at Rough Trade in September, and he played 6 songs, but I was on setlist.fm and another band played there recently and played a full set it looks like.:confused:

Clockwise

Beach Slang played a very long set there last week, it was also their record release show coincidentally. 

• Like 2

tommygoodtimee

They replied to someone on their Facebook Page advising not to line up that early. Anyone wanna call and see what they recommend on doing? 

Paola17

On it. Will edit this specific post with the information.

EDIT: Ok. So I called (the lady that talked to me was extremely kind), and they stated that because it's a larger show than usual, they are taking extra measures to ensure everything goes well. That is the factor for the wristband situation-about YOU having to be the one to pick it up.

Green Day is the only one performing. The reason the end time is stated as 11:30 is because of their site. However, they don't know how long the show actually is.

They advise people not to camp out the night before due to security measures and for ones own comfort. The local precinct and security prefers you not to do so, but they can't necessarily do anything about it.

@spider man. I didn't ask how many wristbands they'd be giving out as I saw your post after I came back from the call, but I assume it's the venue cap or close to it.

Edited by Paola17
  • Like 2

spider man.
Just now, Paola17 said:

On it. Will edit this specific post with the information

Ahhh you're great, thank you! Can you ask about people lining up, and how many people are being given wristbands?

11 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

On it. Will edit this specific post with the information.

EDIT: Ok. So I called (the lady that talked to me was extremely kind), and they stated that because it's a larger show than usual, they are taking extra measures to ensure everything goes well. That is the factor for the wristband situation-about YOU having to be the one to pick it up.

Green Day is the only one performing. The reason the end time is stated as 11:30 is because of their site. However, they don't know how long the show actually is.

They advise people not to camp out the night before due to security measures and for ones own comfort. The local precinct and security prefers you not to do so, but they can't necessarily do anything about it.

@spider man. I didn't ask how many wristbands they'd be giving out as I saw your post after I came back from the call, but I assume it's the venue cap or close to it.

Thank you!! I'm still SO conflicted. They don't want people camping out, but you know they will. I want to try for it, but I live an hour out of the city and I'll be super bummed if I get there at like 5am and there's tons of people already there.

• Like 1

Clockwise

If I do go I think I'd line up around 10 or 11 the night before. Would be crazy but worth it?

James11693

Can't decide if it'd be worth the risk to go.I live an hour away. If I get there and don't get a wristband, it's a waste of time and money. If I get in, I'd have to travel back home, then back out again. I was planning on going at 7 am but who knows, there may already be enough people there by then to fill out the whole store. I won't have anybody to go with til 10 am and that'll most likely be way too late.  Another thing is, since it's a record store performance, it may be a pretty short performance. Probably like a half hour. One thing I wonder though is if they'll sign autographs since it's a small crowd.

spider man.

Alright, yeah, I'm officially going for it. Boyfriend agreed, work said it was okay, so looks like I'll be going and getting in  line early that morning (hopefully, as long as there's not already too many people there when I get there)!

lucky_stars
2 hours ago, spider man. said:

Alright, yeah, I'm officially going for it. Boyfriend agreed, work said it was okay, so looks like I'll be going and getting in  line early that morning (hopefully, as long as there's not already too many people there when I get there)!

About what time do you think you're gonna try and get there? I can't decide if I'm going to attempt it or not...

desertrose

Rough Trade NYC ‏@RoughTradeNYC 54s

@aglaze27 @GreenDay we'll be selling the album/ wristband at 11am Friday in the store. Hope to see you there!

SHIELD

Hey guys i`m new to the forum, long time lurker though, I plan on going to the Rough Trade concert, arriving there at 6am sound like a good idea? I missed out on the Starland concert and think this is the next best alternative to try and go.

Edited by SHIELD
  • Like 1

W Axl Rose
7 hours ago, djrossstar said:

I would say line up by 5:30am/6:00am. As long as people don't try to save spots and have all 50 of their friends cut (happens too often), you should be fine.

I don't think so. I am debating the drive from Buffalo,though I can't get there most likely til 3am and I think that will be pushing it as far as gaining entry. I hope they make this a show where you have to show ID as being the one who bought the CD in order to deter scalpers. 

• Like 1

Paola17
2 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

I don't think so. I am debating the drive from Buffalo,though I can't get there most likely til 3am and I think that will be pushing it as far as gaining entry. I hope they make this a show where you have to show ID as being the one who bought the CD in order to deter scalpers. 

That's why the wristband at the counter thing is in place.

You wont be able to remove it and if it shows it's beeen cut/tampered with, you may not get in

desertrose

Rough Trade NYC ‏@RoughTradeNYC 1m

@aglaze27 @GreenDay we're encouraging people to show up no earlier than sunrise Friday. Line will begin across the street from the store!

W Axl Rose
4 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Rough Trade NYC ‏@RoughTradeNYC 1m

@aglaze27 @GreenDay we're encouraging people to show up no earlier than sunrise Friday. Line will begin across the street from the store!

They can encourage all they want but  the casual fan who only knows the hits will want to see Green Day for $10 or whatever the CD costs so I can easily see people lining up the night before. 

desertrose

spider man.
2 hours ago, lucky_stars said:

About what time do you think you're gonna try and get there? I can't decide if I'm going to attempt it or not...

Basically I'm going to be stalking social media and everything to see how the line is doing, and as long as there's still room I plan to show up around midnight as long as that's not too late I'm thinking. If 12 hours isn't early enough to wait in line, that's where I draw the line.

When were you thinking of going?