Green Day To Be On Howard Stern Wednesday

And it sounds like that Green Day probably didn't have their own recording equipment for the live songs - if the radio's mic's/soundboard etc isn't a fairly decent one then the performance won't sound great. The videos that have been put online from their tour show that they are on fine form, so I wouldn't think too much of this performance.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Asik said:

Im so glad Billie did all the back vocals for the new album. Jason and Mike cant sing for shit. Sad that Billie doesnt sound very good right now. I hope its due to his ilness. His best vocals were during 2004 and 2010.

Definitely not, his best vocals were first half 21stCB, and then the absolute best was the 99 rev tour, its like inbetween tours/albums we get odd vocal changes lmao

10 minutes ago, alexwetherell said:

And it sounds like that Green Day probably didn't have their own recording equipment for the live songs - if the radio's mic's/soundboard etc isn't a fairly decent one then the performance won't sound great. The videos that have been put online from their tour show that they are on fine form, so I wouldn't think too much of this performance.

Billie actually sounded awful on this tour. He couldnt sing the three singles at all, though revolution radio and bang bang should have been very easy for him

8 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

Definitely not, his best vocals were first half 21stCB, and then the absolute best was the 99 rev tour, its like inbetween tours/albums we get odd vocal changes lmao

Best vocals during 2010 thats for sure. He sounded great in 2013 too but it was a bit nasal. Hes had some bad performances in 2013 for example rock am ring. 2010 is his vocal glory

7 minutes ago, Marina86 said:

So is there any way to listen to the whole interview???=/:rudys:

6 minutes ago, ShineWolf said:

Where can I listen to the whole Green Day Interview?

Take a look on this channel for the whole interview in a few hours 

4 minutes ago, Stewe said:

You're gonna upload it? If yes thank you!

You'll all laugh when I say this but when I first started listening I didn't even think it was Billie singing he sounded so different. Mind you if I had to perform that early in the morning well... I definitely wouldn't be up to scratch!

Just now, Joe K said:

You're gonna upload it? If yes thank you!

I'm askig the channel's owner and he says he's gonna upload the interview in few hours 

I will agree that the audio quality of the vocals wasn't great (Billie's voice sounds like it's been recorded through a sock), but the vocals on ''Bang Bang'' and ''Revolution Radio'' were just flat and off-key. 

23 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Thank you!!

I don't know, During Welcome to Paradise Billie, Holiday, BOBD, sounds great? after my multi listens I really think it's a consistent issue from the recording and maybe even Billie singing a little flat not changing from the older E flat songs lmao. I think RevRad was executed better than BangBang here vocally but live shows I think it's been reversed. Either way I think it'll be an easier judgement situation for us tomorrow night with Jimmy Fallon 

16 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

I will agree that the audio quality of the vocals wasn't great (Billie's voice sounds like it's been recorded through a sock), but the vocals on ''Bang Bang'' and ''Revolution Radio'' were just flat and off-key. 

Yes it sounded "flat" - that's what it was.

Howard asked Billie if he was the type of singer who was obsessive about taking care of his voice and he was like, "Eh, not really." So. :lol:

I think he has sounded really good for the most part on this tour (he sounded great at the show I went to). Didn't sound normal this morning, but I don't know if the fact that it was early in the morning had something to do with it. 

5 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Howard asked Billie if he was the type of singer who was obsessive about taking care of his voice and he was like, "Eh, not really." So. :lol:

I think he has sounded really good for the most part on this tour (he sounded great at the show I went to). Didn't sound normal this morning, but I don't know if the fact that it was early in the morning had something to do with it. 

I think Billie is bsing us there, because he definitely took vocal lessons in the not so distant past and it developed the transition from the constant frontman voice into the super articulated sound he has today. Dunno...maybe I'm on drugs

I suspect while playing St. Jimmy he learned new techniques. Don't know if it was formal vocal training but he clearly picked up some tips from there, for sure.

Just now, artfulairbus said:

I have the full interview, if you would like me to upload it I will.

That would be amazing!!! Thank you!

Just now, Clockwise said:

That would be amazing!!! Thank you!

Where would you like me to upload it?

1 minute ago, artfulairbus said:

Wherever is preferable to you! Soundcloud, Youtube or Dropbox would probably be easiest.

3 minutes ago, artfulairbus said:

I have the full interview, if you would like me to upload it I will.

2 minutes ago, artfulairbus said:

Could you  upload it on YouTube. 

It's easy to stream

I'll upload it to youtube, expect it in an hour or two :) It won't be edited, or anything. Completely uncut from the very start of the segment. :P Hope im not breaking the rules or anything doing this

Archived