Green Day to be honored and perform at the EMAs

WorryRock02

Green day are been nominated ( Best Rock & Best Live) at next MTV EMAs 2016. This year's MTV EMAs will take place in Rotterdam on Nov. 6. You can vote for them here: http://tv.mtvema.com/_/green-day

The band will also be performing at the show where they'll be honored with the Global Icon Award http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5469/

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've split this into its own topic since it's a pretty big piece of news!  Just voted for them, hope they get at least one (especially best rock).

Nominees: Best rock

• Coldplay
  • Green Day
  • Metallica
  • Muse
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Nominees: Best live

• Adele
  • Beyonce
  • Coldplay
  • Green Day
  • Twenty One Pilots

With twenty one pilots in the running, I think GD winning best live is unlikely.  They totally deserve best rock, especially from that list.  Coldplay aren't even rock anymore...

That's great news! It's possible to vote multiple times, I just voted like 20 times. Maybe we'll have a chance. And seeing Coldplay on the list really is ridiculous. :lol:

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

With twenty one pilots in the running, I think GD winning best live is unlikely.  They totally deserve best rock, especially from that list.  Coldplay aren't even rock anymore...

Except that twenty one pilots kinda sucks live, IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Were they ever?

They were originally very chart friendly pop-rock.  Haven't been since at least 2011, they're just pop now.

4 minutes ago, J a c said:

Except that twenty one pilots kinda sucks live, IMHO. 

They're supposed to be awesome, my friend saw them and said it was the best show she'd ever been to.  I still voted for Green Day though :P 

Welp... Time for me to create multiple accounts so I can nominate them more than once. :lol: At this point, they could use a shiney award to announce their fantastic return. 

2 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

They're supposed to be awesome, my friend saw them and said it was the best show she'd ever been to.  I still voted for Green Day though :P 

I saw them in February and had an opposite feeling, but maybe it's just not my genre :D 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Billie Joe said "Go vote" yesterday night, so that's what he must have meant!

You didn't use a laughing smiley so I'm assuming you were serious???  If not sorry, but I'm pretty darn sure he meant the presidential election

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

You didn't use a laughing smiley so I'm assuming you were serious???  If not sorry, but I'm pretty darn sure he meant the presidential election

No, I wasn't being serious :D 

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Then you need to use the damn smiley!!!

it would have ruined my aesthetic!

1 hour ago, WorryRock02 said:

Green day are been nominated ( Best Rock & Best Live) at next MTV EMAs 2016. This year's MTV EMAs will take place in Rotterdam on Nov. 6. You can vote for them here: http://tv.mtvema.com/_/green-day

MTV still exists? I though all they did now was play shows about teenage pregnancy.

1 minute ago, Steven Seagull said:

MTV still exists? I though all they did now was play shows about teenage pregnancy.

yeah but only for pop stars. they won't even show the rock category on television because the bands are being "awarded" during the ad breaks. You might catch them on the live stream, if they haven't already cancelled that as well.:dry: not sure if they show Best Live, but they might because Beyoncé and Adele are nominated.

Just to remind everyone. Green Day won Best Cock ... pardon me ... Best Rock award during the Trilogy era.

No pressure RevRad :ga:

Archived