New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

It's not like it's the only album they've dumped though :P. Seems to be more that they just favour popular/well known albums and that pushes the others out than that they dislike the others. 21st CB and the 21st CB tour were awesome but they still virtually dumped it afterwards aside from 1 or 2 songs per show if you're lucky and that's only because they were hits.

I will never understand why they dumped 21 Guns though. It's one of their best (live) songs ever.

Just now, MMwhatsername said:

I will never understand why they dumped 21 Guns though. It's one of their best (live) songs ever.

I would rather hear that one than Know Your Enemy.

so maybe they'll finish out these small shows with the same set list, but when it comes time for the arena tours they're definitely going to be playing more material from revrad, right? do you think they'll play longer sets or do you think they'll start making some cuts? They seem kinda beat at the end of these 2 shows so far, I wouldn't blame them for cutting songs. I really wanna see live versions of somewhere now, forever now, and too dumb to die

They will add songs from the new album, but there are chances they would cut songs like When I come Around and Waiting. It will be bad if they remove those songs, I love those songs. 

Can Billie even play for that long? He looked gassed during Still Breathing. I never saw him sing that bad. :ermm:

14 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Can Billie even play for that long? He looked gassed during Still Breathing. I never saw him sing that bad. :ermm:

Probably you confused him with that loud girl :D 

The quality of this video is much better, and he's not singing bad. 

25 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

yeah the vocals were weak in the last two concers

4 minutes ago, J a c said:

Probably you confused him with that loud girl :D 

The quality of this video is much better, and he's not singing bad. 

Nah it was another video. He looks really tired to me. He barely got through the verses.

5 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Nah it was another video. He looks really tired to me. He barely got through the verses.

Naaah, the next song was Minority, and in this video he doesn't look more tired than the usual too me. 

It was also the first time they were playing Still Breathing, he probably has to figure out the best way to approach the crowd with this song, but I don't think it's a bad performance.

Then it's the pitch of the song. It's too high for him. Sounded good on the album but he had problems hitting those high notes in the chorus and in the bridge live. Those high notes are real bitches.

8 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Then it's the pitch of the song. It's too high for him. Sounded good on the album but he had problems hitting those high notes in the chorus and in the bridge live. Those high notes are real bitches.

Or maybe we should wait for better videos, to see it live in person, and to let them practicing with it, and from what we have so far I still think that performance is not that bad.  

Anyways, Billie doesn't seem to have a live resistance problem, and I think it's a very good news :) 

Its nice to see scattered, Christie road, burnout, are we the waiting, and 2000 lightyears away on the set list. I'm thrilled that those songs are being played.

However, the set list is a bit stale in places. KFAD and KYE are definitely the most removable songs on the set list. I think these songs should make way for new songs or rarely played songs- they will definitely play more new songs once the albums out. 

Looks like they are playing as a six-piece, right?    I see White, Freeze and Matika but is there anyone else?   

3 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Looks like they are playing as a six-piece, right?    I see White, Freeze and Matika but is there anyone else?   

Armstrong, Dirnt and Cool

7 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

BUNNY!

5 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

You must never heard Stray Heart live then it was so bad during SXSW 

(I like Stray Heart but terrible live)

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

You must never heard Stray Heart live then it was so bad during SXSW 

(I like Stray Heart but terrible live)

I saw one of the early performances of Stray Heart and it was so good. That performance however was wank. Like so awful!

Here's the thing I'm about to be on show 8 I think over 11 years and each setlist has been different and I heard songs from the older albums new each time. If this setlist stays the same I'll only hear new album songs. 

The sad truth and I'll get flamed for this but when Billie was drinking he would play wgat the fuck he wanted to play. Like he would pull all the rate cuts out, I remember a show somewhere where he wanted to play either Paper Lanterns or judges daughter and was teaching Jason how to play it as he went along. I feel we lost that spontaneous Billie that brought in the interesting setlists

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

I saw one of the early performances of Stray Heart and it was so good. That performance however was wank. Like so awful!

Here's the thing I'm about to be on show 8 I think over 11 years and each setlist has been different and I heard songs from the older albums new each time. If this setlist stays the same I'll only hear new album songs. 

The sad truth and I'll get flamed for this but when Billie was drinking he would play wgat the fuck he wanted to play. Like he would pull all the rate cuts out, I remember a show somewhere where he wanted to play either Paper Lanterns or judges daughter and was teaching Jason how to play it as he went along. I feel we lost that spontaneous Billie that brought in the interesting setlists

I've only seen em twice once in 95 and at sxsw so never got to see the what song you want next side of the band the 95 show was like less than 20 songs and about 40-50 mins hardly any interaction from what I remember from it and sxsw was the same as any other trilogy show it does seem the 21st tour was the best for the set lists as the main set would be the same but middle and encore would be changed up 

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

I've only seen em twice once in 95 and at sxsw so never got to see the what song you want next side of the band the 95 show was like less than 20 songs and about 40-50 mins hardly any interaction from what I remember from it and sxsw was the same as any other trilogy show it does seem the 21st tour was the best for the set lists as the main set would be the same but middle and encore would be changed up 

Yeah the whole middle portion was so varied, which was perfect. Then he used to even change up the acoustic song at the end. 

i remember just before the I heart incident, they played, had a setlist wgich they didn't follow at all. And I remember hearing Billie walk over to Jason and go "I wanna play Boulevard" and at the time I was thinking WTF why that song. They played that and then played Lady Cobra for I think the only time. 

I just struggle to see how we've gone to such a safe setlist with zero risk at all

if the setlist stays ike that i definelty  won't spend that much money on a concert. i just can't deal with 10 minutes hitchin a ride, 10 minutes kfad and 10 minutes minority anymore. how the fuck do they think people enjoy stretching those songs like that? everybody i talk to about green day in real life complains about it or even doesn't go to their live concerts anymore because of the annoying crowd "entertaining".

and what i don't get is, why they do it. surely it would be more fun for them to change songs once in a while, too? and when i see a band i want them to see them have fun and not just play their show like a rountine job.

i know they have the potential to be a great live band and they are wasting it.

no offense to anyone who is "thankful to at least see them".

I dont know about the setlist...sure it has to changed but we're dealing with a whole new world of difference between the trylogy and 21CB....

We have a sobber billie

Post traumatic experience mike...

Post cancer jaison...

And in fact they haven't realeased the new album yet... 

So i think in this momment they just want to come back in a safety place...that show they been playing for a while...

But we will see some changes in the time i think...i mean...these are early days....

Archived