• Last Reply
Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I prefer to say I embraced it.

Believe me I tried:sorry:

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:hug:

I don't need a hug - I simply took my seat:lol:

On 5/20/2017 at 6:25 PM, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I would literally give anything to hear East Jesus Nowhere live...or even better, a couple of songs from Insomniac (I'm looking at you Stuart and the Ave & Bab's Uvula Who?)!

I've heard EJN plenty of times on the 21CB tour and I've heard Stuart & the Ave too (most recently during the first leg of the RevRad tour). However, in my 22 years of attending Green Day shows, I never heard Bab's Uvula Who?...so, that would be cool. As would more Trilogy stuff. And Dry Ice.

Wonder if the European festivals will feature the same setlist as the 1st leg of the European shows, or if, it's pretty much the beginning of the 2nd leg, there will be more changes, as we already saw a few (which we all got excited about) in Australia. Under 2 weeks til it begins I believe. 
Will also be curious about any stage/set design changes.

I really want to see these songs live: 21st CB, East Jesus Nowhere, Restless Heart Syndrome, Give me Novacaine, The forgotten, Brain Stew, Welcome to Paradise, The Forgotten, Whatsername, Wake Me up When September Ends, 21 guns. 

I'm gonna see them at Pinkpop which is the first date of the EU festival tour. No chance to know which set they're gonna play beforehand which makes me even more excited than I already am :runaround:

It'll be interesting to see if they have a different set at festivals (to appeal to the very casual fans) than at their own shows.

So I haven't been paying attention to the setlists lately (#badfan, I know) but they added Too Dumb To Die? What the fuck?! Jealous! :o 

2 hours ago, belinda jane said:

It'll be interesting to see if they have a different set at festivals (to appeal to the very casual fans) than at their own shows.

They can't possibly edit the setlist to appeal any further to casual fans short of just playing American Idiot (song), Good Riddance and Basket Case on repeat all night.

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

They can't possibly edit the setlist to appeal any further to casual fans short of just playing American Idiot (song), Good Riddance and Basket Case on repeat all night.

I meant editing the setlist for their own shows.
There's no way they would change it for festivals, because at the moment they've got more than enough well known songs for their casual fans.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, disappearing_boy_39 said:

I wish they would do some Trilogy stuff, especially Dirty Rotten Bastards. I think that song would kill live:

• Audience can chant the "1-2-3" part.
• There's various tempos including a fast part for moshing.
• Several solos for guitar and bass.

Maybe one day...

+1 

Shame they never got around to playing it during the 99 Revolutions Tour. I would love to see Stay the Night, Nuclear Family or SWTRLF. 

Speaking of Dirty Rotten Bastards Live:

Billie mentions the song here at 6:16 (I know most of you probably saw this 4 years ago and that doesn't make it very relevant now, but it was uploaded yesterday on their main YouTube channel, so....)

1 hour ago, xnovacaine said:

I would love to see Stay the Night, Nuclear Family or SWTRLF. 

That would make my day. I'd freak out. Hopefully they won't start the EU festival leg with the old setlist to get their groove on. I wanna see some new stuff at Pinkpop, please.

Well, I hate to say it, but I think they will (for the most part). At least, I don't expect any songs that we haven't heard so far in the last three legs. 

Why?

Well, I remember back in 2010 they had an even longer break of around 5 months between the Asia Leg and the Summer Europe Leg (Festivals). I remember that right before Pink Pop 2010 (which would be the first show of the leg, so the first show in months), people were speculating as to what they would play. 

Ultimately, everyone was quite disappointed, as they played nothing new at Pink Pop (later on in the leg, I think they did. However, not usually at festivals).

That being said, I really hope I'm wrong. I'm seeing Green Day at Green Field Festival (only 5 days later) and I would love to hear something new that I haven't already heard at Hallenstadion back in January. 

If they play Wake Me Up When September Ends, I'll go absolutely nuts... 

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

He used  play WMUWSE at the end of all the shows in the AI and TCB tours.

He would play acoustic, WMUWSE, LNOE, MDP, and always GR. 

Honestly I miss MDP.

EDIT: By pure coincidence I just went over after reading the last couple pages of this thread and see that they played LSNOE during the final encore which said "First time since 9/14/10"

Man I love MDP sooo much. 

4 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

At least, I don't expect any songs that we haven't heard so far in the last three legs. 

There's been some changes here and there during those 3 legs which is enough for me. I've only seen them live in Cologne which was my first GD show, so I guess it isn't hard to surprise me, haha

Yeah absolutely, don't get me wrong, I'd feel blessed to hear any of the following: J.A.R, Dominated Love Slave (snippet), Give Me Novocaine, Going To Pasalacqua or even Welcome To Paradise and Dumb To Die (All songs they played recently, that I didn't hear at Hallenstadion, Zurich).

Yeah, I'd love to hear those, too! And some trilogy songs, but that probably won't happen

They did, we discussed it a while back in this thread. It was the first actual change up of the tour, starting the second night in Sydney (11. May 2017). On that night they added: Give Me Novacaine, Welcome To Paradise, J.A.R, Too Dumb To Die and Going To Pasalacqua. 

On the second night in Auckland (14. May 2017) they then added a snippet of Dominated Love Slave (in Shout) and Last Night On Earth in the encore. That was very exciting! 

It was actually the first time Give Me Novacaine had been played in 5 years, and the first time Last Night On Earth had been played in 7 years! 

And a few days ago finally a full video of Give Me Novacaine surfaced:

Well, I'm still in shock that they played them (for the aforementioned reasons). I think Last Night On Earth might have been played in celebration of Mother's Day, but having played it, that might motivate Billie to play it again. As for Give Me Novacaine, I don't know... We'll see. Perhaps the best and worst thing about this whole situation is that we simply don't know :lol:

20 minutes ago, Stacie Anne said:

And now my life is over & done with. God fucking lord. They better play both of those at BST or I'm rioting! :P 

The whole night was full of little surprises:)

Just now, Stacie Anne said:

I'm super happy for you Aussies who got to see it but the bitterness & jealousy is real right now :lol:

I kid. Sort of.

Its a long way for them to come they may as well put in some effort for us:D

45 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Its a long way for them to come they may as well put in some effort for us:D

Would've been great if they put in the effort for another city that had 2 back to back shows..

Yes, I am still bitter.

Archived