New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

6 minutes ago, Fucktheindustry said:

after seeing most of the show on youtube i think they need more heyoooos and more billie shouting basic rockstar stuff into the mic. it's not enough. also not enough singles. wtf is waiting or scattered, ditch that shit. also i hope for an extended minority outro. i'd like to hear 20 minutes of the same three chords repeated without anything going on, not only 5. and i missed tshirt shooters and toilet  paper guns.

:lol: 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Looking at the setlist,  I like that they played songs from so many different albums. It seemed like a good mix of songs. Even though they've been playing some of them for a long time, they are popular so you can't blame them. 

I agree, circa 2009, when they were playing smaller club shows before the world tour, and even during 21cb world tour...it was just sporadic songs.

I think they'll change it up after they get a bit warmed up.

I agree with a lot of what is being said here - the same setlist really feels stale. 

They really need to add some variety.

I love Letterbomb but I hate the speech BJ always puts in the middle of it now.

If they play JOS, I wish they would do it nearer the start so they aren't all knackered and BJ can actually breathe and get the words out.

Enough with Minority being extended to be about a thousands minutes long.

Would love to see:

Homecoming

Lazy Bones

Restless Heart Syndrome (never gonna happen)

Haushinka (never gonna happen)

Dirty Rotten Bastards (never gon......)

Uno, Dos, Tré never happened?

3 hours ago, Joshua James said:

Would love to see:

Haushinka (never gonna happen)

Dirty Rotten Bastards (never gon......)

Those would be a great addition to the setlist!

I'll be seeing Green Day on January 31st in Amsterdam. I expect they will be playing more Revolution Radio songs then.

Letterbomb is the song I wish they played during the American idiot tour and then 21CB tour and then when they finally did after the 3rd time I was like ok I'm done with it now.

I think I'd just prefer it without the speech just rip my face off with 4 minutes of non stop fast rock. The speech just kills the momentum completely.

Kind of pathetic that they're pretty much pretending the trilogy never existed. By no means is it their best work but there's still 10-12 songs that are REALLY solid in my opinion. I'm still waiting for Lazy Bones to be played live.

I can't really blame them if they want to move on from the Trilogy. I love so many songs from those albums, but it doesn't seem like they were particularly proud of the finished product (not even on the 99 Revs tour). I hope they don't ignore some entirely, but if they choose to I definitely understand why.

From Trilogy, if they play any of this live I'll be fine: Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Loss of Control, Rusty James, Fuck Time, Stop When the Red Lights Flash, Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Baby Eyes, Missing You, 8th Ave Serenade, X-Kid, Wwalk Away and Dirty Rotten Bastards. 

Not playing twice, playing two different songs each gig of the tour, they could play all of them once in a standard setlist... 

There's a show tonight.   Where do we go to discuss??????  I was about to make a new topic but was wondering if there is a tour one already???????????????????????/

I will never complain because my first Green day gig was the last AI show and they played both "I fought the law" and "Homecoming" :D

6 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

There's a show tonight.   Where do we go to discuss??????  I was about to make a new topic but was wondering if there is a tour one already???????????????????????/

I've changed the title of the thread, now we can use it to discuss the new setlist(s) they're playing on this tour in general instead of just the first one.

21 hours ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

Kind of pathetic that they're pretty much pretending the trilogy never existed. By no means is it their best work but there's still 10-12 songs that are REALLY solid in my opinion. I'm still waiting for Lazy Bones to be played live.

I've seen it.

1,2,3,4 Go! Show :)

21 hours ago, LostCanadianGoose said:

They are also pretending Insomniac and 1039 don't exist either. But yeah, the trilogy might never be heard from again and it's sad.  They did throw in that small piece of Nuclear Family so who knows.   As always, more Dookie and Idiot than anything else.  

It makes sense to do that since the majority of people might have only heard those two albums but some Insomniac singles are fairly well known.  sure 1039 is 26 years old but they could toss one of their favorites here and there. 

Hopefully they will keep adding songs as the tour progresses.  First concert - 25 songs.   Second, 27.   By the time they reach London on Febuary 8th they will be playing 83 songs if they keep it up!  And still not a single one from 2012 :)  

I think they've got an enjoyable set, just needs a few more songs to make it a great one. 

22 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I can't really blame them if they want to move on from the Trilogy. I love so many songs from those albums, but it doesn't seem like they were particularly proud of the finished product (not even on the 99 Revs tour). I hope they don't ignore some entirely, but if they choose to I definitely understand why.

It's not like it's the only album they've dumped though :P. Seems to be more that they just favour popular/well known albums and that pushes the others out than that they dislike the others. 21st CB and the 21st CB tour were awesome but they still virtually dumped it afterwards aside from 1 or 2 songs per show if you're lucky and that's only because they were hits.

I would like them to play songs by the trilogy like Stay the Night,Brutal Love,Missing You,Nuclear Family and 99 Revolutions.Also I would love to listen to 21st Century Breakdown again.It's a great song and I wonder why they stop playing it during the previous tour.Moreover songs of their early days would be awesome to be played.I m sure that more songs by RevRad will be added after the 7th of October

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

21st CB and the 21st CB tour were awesome but they still virtually dumped it afterwards aside from 1 or 2 songs per show if you're lucky and that's only because they were hits.

Sigh. I know. :(

They actually love them some live Kerplunk too, which is fantastic. 

7 minutes ago, Greywind said:

X-Kid is the only trilogy's song that I want to see in the setlists.

Same here man, that song should be made permanent, it is a very under rated song. 

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Sigh. I know. :(

They actually love them some live Kerplunk too, which is fantastic. 

That's true, I think maybe that's where their taste for what songs to play shows through a bit, alongside their priority of playing songs the crowd will be into. Probably the massive amount of AI and Dookie is partly just that they enjoy playing those songs as well, thinking about it, since not all of the ones they play from there are even hits.

17 minutes ago, Slash said:

Same here man, that song should be made permanent, it is a very under rated song. 

best trilogy song by far! 

Archived