New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

I think everyone has to consider a few things.  The album isn't even out yet, so only the few people willing to commit a federal crime have actually heard all the songs.  They played Bang Bang and Rev RAd.  Still Breathing was on the set list, but they skipped it.  My guess would be because they probably lost a week or two of practice and it wasn't ready.  

They most likely are playing it safe because they are just starting out, they haven't toured in a few years.  Think of it like a marathon, you don't just get up and say I want to run a marathon, you need to work up to it.  This is the same kind of thing.  Billie works his ass off on stage and will need to build up to being in top shape.  

I am pretty confident he is not 100% over the flu.  For anyone that watched the live stream, you can tell he was done by the time he got to Ordinary World.  I really thing he gave us all he had yesterday.  

Also, the show started before 9, so they played around 2 hours or a little over, so not too bad.  

I'm sure they will change things around as teh tour continues.

Personally, I think they looked and sounded great and I am eternally thankful to the sainted Jim.     

I would also like to add that he added Hey Jude.  So I am eternally thankful for the huge shout out from Billie.  Thanks Babe.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

This is the best setlist they did in years:

Or that time in Serbia when they played the WHOLE Dookie, not just the popular songs.

I was there at house of blues! Best time of my life.

They've never really been a band who changes up their setlist much anyway. Like, it seems as though above all what they want is for everyone to know the songs so everyone's really into the show and there's a great atmosphere, and that they'll play whatever songs they think will best achieve that. They might underestimate how many super well known songs they could replace with slightly less well known ones and still get that effect, but pretty sure that's their aim, and why they mostly stick to a tried and tested setlist and all the on stage traditions etc that go with it. Looks like it was an awesome show to me whatever songs were played. I do think we'll see more new songs once the album's out though.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

They've never really been a band who changes up their setlist much anyway. Like, it seems as though above all what they want is for everyone to know the songs so everyone's really into the show and there's a great atmosphere, and that they'll play whatever songs they think will best achieve that. They might underestimate how many super well known songs they could replace with slightly less well known ones and still get that effect, but pretty sure that's their aim, and why they mostly stick to a tried and tested setlist and all the on stage traditions etc that go with it. I do think we'll see more new songs once the album's out though.

I think people seem to forget that not everyone that goes to see them in concert are crazed fans like us.  Many, probably most, only know the hits.  If you replaced many of the well known songs with obscure ones, as you said, people would not follow along as well.  That can ruin the flow of the show and actually make it harder for them to perform.     

@Scattered Wreck That's what I always says—a select few Green Day fans follow what their setlists are night to night. Most people go to hear the Green Day songs they know best, and the band absolutely delivers. 

They should just replace JOS after 12 years with three better songs. Insomniac gets no love at all. 86, Westbound Sign, Armatage Shanks...

Just now, Stewe said:

They can't Replace their best song

They won't replace Basket Case

3 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

They should just replace JOS after 12 years with three better songs. Insomniac gets no love at all. 86, Westbound Sign, Armatage Shanks...

Never, JOS is the best GD song

4 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I think people seem to forget that not everyone that goes to see them in concert are crazed fans like us.  Many, probably most, only know the hits.  If you replaced many of the well known songs with obscure ones, as you said, people would not follow along as well.  That can ruin the flow of the show and actually make it harder for them to perform.     

I agree. Although I do think they're a bit more cautious about it than they need to be. They could afford to play a couple of songs from other albums instead of some of the 6 American Idiot songs and still keep the audience entertained :P 

23 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Personally, I think they looked and sounded great and I am eternally thankful to the sainted Jim.     

This and the blowjob comment has made you my favourite person here :lol:

I know this is not a list thread, but this would make a perfect setlist. 2 songs from each album.

Road to Acceptance
Dry Ice
Christie Road
Who Wrote Holden Caulfield
Basket Case
When I Come Around
Westbound Sign
Worry Rock
Jinx
Fashion Victim
Castaway
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Whatsername
21 Guns
American Eulogy
Stay The Night
Rusty James
Fuck Time
Lazy Bones
X-Kid
Dirty Rotten Bastards
Still Breathing
Ordinary World
Haha You're Dead

37 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I think everyone has to consider a few things.  The album isn't even out yet, so only the few people willing to commit a federal crime have actually heard all the songs.  They played Bang Bang and Rev RAd.  Still Breathing was on the set list, but they skipped it.  My guess would be because they probably lost a week or two of practice and it wasn't ready.  

They most likely are playing it safe because they are just starting out, they haven't toured in a few years.  Think of it like a marathon, you don't just get up and say I want to run a marathon, you need to work up to it.  This is the same kind of thing.  Billie works his ass off on stage and will need to build up to being in top shape.  

I am pretty confident he is not 100% over the flu.  For anyone that watched the live stream, you can tell he was done by the time he got to Ordinary World.  I really thing he gave us all he had yesterday.  

Also, the show started before 9, so they played around 2 hours or a little over, so not too bad.  

I'm sure they will change things around as teh tour continues.

I would also like to add that he added Hey Jude.  So I am eternally thankful for the huge shout out from Billie.  Thanks Babe.

There was a livestream???

4 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I know this is not a list thread, but this would make a perfect setlist. 2 songs from each album.

Road to Acceptance
Dry Ice
Christie Road
Who Wrote Holden Caulfield
Basket Case
When I Come Around
Westbound Sign
Worry Rock
Jinx
Fashion Victim
Castaway
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Whatsername
21 Guns
American Eulogy
Stay The Night
Rusty James
Fuck Time
Lazy Bones
X-Kid
Dirty Rotten Bastards
Still Breathing
Ordinary World
Haha You're Dead

Nothing wrong with it but songs like Westbound Sign, Worry Rock, Jinx, Fashion Victim won't make it a great show if you're replacing hits like American Idiot, JOS, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Welcome To Paradise even though the songs you mentioned are great but they just don't hit much big with a majority of people in the show.

Just now, Siddharth_471 said:

Nothing wrong with it but songs like Westbound Sign, Worry Rock, Jinx, Fashion Victim won't make it a great show if you're replacing hits like American Idiot, JOS, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Welcome To Paradise even though the songs you mentioned are great but they just don't hit much big with a majority of people in the show.

Seagull hates AI as much as Trump loves facts 

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

Yes babe, you missed it.  :(

oh come on.....What about the other shows, will there be a livestream?:(

Just now, Δημήτρης Γκότσης said:

We don't know.  Someone was lucky to find someone who was periscoping, a lovely man named Jim.  If we are lucky we will find others at every show.

1 minute ago, Δημήτρης Γκότσης said:

Just depends on who goes it wasn't an official livestream just two people in the audience doing them

6 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

People shouldn't buy a ticket then if they only come to the show to hear the hits. I can listen their hits at home in better quality too. If I go to the show I would like to hear something they don't play very often. 

10 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

People shouldn't buy a ticket then if they only come to the show to hear the hits. I can listen their hits at home in better quality too. If I go to the show I would like to hear something they don't play very often. 

So I guess you can also listen to the songs that are not major hits in better quality at home too? They will play the songs that will move on the crowd more. Everyone irrespective of what field they are in tries to display their best work and they definitely do have some not so-hit songs in their setlists.

3 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

So I guess you can also listen to the songs that are not major hits in better quality at home too? They will play the songs that will move on the crowd more. Everyone irrespective of what field they are in tries to display their best work and they definitely do have some not so-hit songs in their setlists.

The problem with the hits is that because they are overplayed they get boring.

3 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

The problem with the hits is that because they are overplayed they get boring.

You seriously think it's possible to get bored at a Green Day concert? 

Every time I go to a Green Day concert I think "God, is this almost over? I'm so bored. Get me outta here." :lol:

Archived