New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I literally had to get up out of my seat with excitement and have a huge grin on my face because my beloved King for a Day/Shout is there :banana::banana::banana: . Praise the lord! Just hope it stays.

Quite a standard setlist, I'm kind of surprised to see so few new songs. I expect you're right that they'll add more though, probably wanted to keep the setlist relatively "safe" for the first show/shows.

Need to replace KFAD with something from the new album when it's released, my god I hate that song.

Also, only one song from 21stCB? Disappointing...

35 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Need to replace KFAD with something from the new album when it's released, my god I hate that song.

Also, only one song from 21stCB? Disappointing...

A whole crowd of people dancing and moshing around together to a song about cross dressing? Worth keeping forever even just for that alone. I don't think anything on the new album is fun enough to replace it, maybe they should replace some of the 10 million Dookie and AI songs with new ones instead :P

No trilogy song and only one song from 21stCB is pretty cool. The second half is still pretty standard though. They'll add more new songs after the album - release but I hope they'll keep the old songs in the middle.

Could have been better but could also have been worse :)

Green Day has the most boring setlists ever. They only play Dookie and American Idiot songs. Play some Dry Ice for a change, or Haha You're Dead, or Dirty Rotten Bastards. Just change some things for love of god.

I thought they'd play more new songs but I guess they're holding off until the album is officially released, which makes sense. Plus it's a while since they last toured now so a "safe" setlist is understandable and will probably change later.

I'll be glad to see them live regardless of what they play, but I'd love to see more 21CB and some trilogy, hope they're not going to ditch those for the whole tour.

3 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

only 3 new songs? I was hoping for damn-near the entire album on the setlist. 

They played just two of them. Still Breathing was on original setlist but they decided not to play it. 

At least they finally played Scattered.

And you guys lied. They play Nuclear Family too. Just a bit but they did.

Operation erase the Trilogy :lol: And I'm not completely fine with it, there are at least two/three songs I'd love to see live again. Anyways it looks like a funny but still pretty temporary setlist, I guess it will evolve show after show. Is this story that they were still sick real?

18 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

only 3 new songs? I was hoping for damn-near the entire album on the setlist. 

3 new songs on a show promoting the new album is quite common, though. In 2012 before the trilogy was released, they only played 2 new trilogy-songs at the show I went to. I'm sure the setlist will change once the album is officially out. Not everyone here has listened to the leak already, including me :lol:

they just seem so proud of the new album and all the talk about how excited they are for us to hear it made me think we would get a lot more new songs. when i listen to it all i can think of how fucking good these songs would all be live. even on the trilogy tour post rehab i think they were playing 5-6 trilogy songs a night, at least when i saw them in early 2013. 

plus since this is a club tour i was expecting it to be more along the lines of the shows they played right before 21st century breakdown came out and they played the whole album. maybe they'll do that once we get closer to the release date though

Seriously, they need to change a little bit their setlist. They have played the same songs, they have done the same show and made the same jokes for 10 years. That's enough I think. At least there's Scattered.

3 hours ago, Metadon said:

They played just two of them. Still Breathing was on original setlist but they decided not to play it. 

Ordinary world + bang bang + revrad = 3 new songs.

Nothing hugely surprising on this set list IMO, was expecting still breathing though.

3 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Green Day has the most boring setlists ever. They only play Dookie and American Idiot songs. Play some Dry Ice for a change, or Haha You're Dead, or Dirty Rotten Bastards. Just change some things for love of god.

Agree completely but like someone else said they're keeping it "safe" with easier, standard songs at this point. Dry Ice, Dirty Rotten Bastards those are difficult songs to play.

4 minutes ago, asiegrist said:

Agree completely but like someone else said they're keeping it "safe" with easier, standard songs at this point. Dry Ice, Dirty Rotten Bastards those are difficult songs to play.

Dry Ice is not a complicated song to play. Especially compared with Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I'm actually glad Chicago show got pushed back now, maybe they'll have more revrad songs at that point. This really makes me appreciate how good a set list I got to hear in Cleveland last year before the hall of fame induction, ton of old stuff we will probably never hear again.

4 minutes ago, asiegrist said:

Then they should play Worry Rock, Uptight, Jinx, Castaway, Macy's Day Parade, Sex, Drugs & Violence ... Those are all easy songs.

This is the best setlist they did in years:

Or that time in Serbia when they played the WHOLE Dookie, not just the popular songs.

3 minutes ago, asiegrist said:

Replace KFAD with scattered and I'd agree with you.

but KFAD is the best song ever for shows, it was epic

Archived