New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

5 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I think my perfect RevRad setlist these days would be (and it’s insanely long, the longest setlist they would have ever done, or atleast as long as the one in Costa Rica, hold tight):

Bang Bang

Know Your Enemy 

Revolution Radio 

Holiday

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

East Jesus Nowhere

Letterbomb (quick, no rambling and ehh ohhs)

Give Me Novacaine

Longview

Bouncing Off The Wall

Paper Lanterns 

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

J.A.R

Christie Road

Stuck With Me

Going To Pasalacqua 

F.O.D

Coming Clean

Welcome To Paradise

Nice Guys Finish Last

Hitchin A Ride 

Geek Stink Breath

Iron Man, Sweet Child Oh Mine, Highway To Hell (short covers)

Brain Stew

Jaded 

Waiting 

Knowledge

When I Come Around

Basket Case

St. Jimmy

Minority 

Still Breathing 

Forever Now

Encore 1: 

21st Century Breakdown

American Idiot

Jesus Of Suburbia or Homecoming

Encore 2:

Wake Me Up When September Ends (with half the band)

21 Guns (acoustic; first verse) 

Encore 3:

Redundant (acoustic)

Macy‘s Day Parade (snippet; acoustic)

Good Riddance (with snippet of 80)

Fairly nice set all though i would like to see something more like this:

21st Century Breakdown

Bang bang 

East Jesus Nowhere

Viva La Gloria

Iron Man/ Sweet Child O Mine / Crazy Train / Rock n roll / Highway to Hell (Short covers like the 21ST CB tour)

Longview

Welcome to Paradise

When i come around

Brain Stew

Hitchin a ride

Minority

Waiting

Going to pasalacqua

Christie Road

Basket case

Letterbomb

Holiday

Boulevard of broken dreams

Restless heart syndrome

Are we the waiting

St jimmy

Still Breathing

Forever now 

American idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

We are the champions

Acoustic: 

Whatsername

Wake me up when september ends

21 guns

Good Riddance Time Of Your Life

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Thanks for calling me out like that- does the fact that I go to way too many shows put me in the super-tiny minority? You must think I'm either out of my mind, very lucky, or both! :) And yes, those of us in the States have a big advantage in going to lots of shows- but those in Europe have it pretty good as well...in a lot of respects, even though you have to take flights to get to the mainland from the UK, a lot of your shows are relatively close together and if you like you can take trains for a week and see a bunch of them. I'm dying to go on a mini- Europe tour the next time around- I'd love to follow them by train for a couple weeks (as long as the whole "work" thing can be managed). It'd be an awesome way to enjoy the tour.

I don't think anything negative of people who see lots of shows. I could see more if I really wanted to but I can't be bothered :lol:, one per tour is fine for me. It's just a fact that people who see multiple shows per tour are a minority of the crowd, so shows won't be tailored for them. I think even people who've seen them multiple times over any period of time are a minority, I doubt most people at any given show have seen them more than once or twice.

8 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Fair. I mean it's hard to know for sure without them actually trying it. I guess I just feel that while the majority of people aren't going to 5 shows in a row, the size of that group isn't insignificant. If you take even 1000 people just in the UK/EU alone, and each of them decides that instead of just the London and Glasgow shows, they're also going to go to Paris and Dublin, that's 1000 more tickets at each venue. At the same time, if you take 1000 fans who were huge fans years ago but they lost interest because they didn't feel the need to go more than once per album cycle vs fueling their interest by switching up the set each night. It's not an overnight major change but it's still significant. It's not about the majority, as the majority will show up regardless, it's about getting those few hundred extra people in the building.

But we may need to agree to disagree on this one :)

I think a lot of the minority who go to multiple shows are still doing it though? Like most people who like seeing them that much are likely to still do it even if the setlists don't vary much, and again they haven't varied that much on previous tours either so it's not really anything new. I don't disagree that varying more could pull some more people in, but at the same time they might think having a setlist perfected and totally down and knocking it out of the park each night is even more effective and I think that's probably why they don't. I guess they only way we'd know is if they tried it!

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

Finally some proper Insomniac: Brain Stew, Jaded and fking 86! And of course Coming Clean and Walk Away in Good Riddance (plus of course Nice Guys Finish Last, F.O.D and Waiting) Brilliant, so jealous!!! Best setlist until now by far!!!

Awesome to hear they played Brain Stew, Coming Clean and especially Walk Away! Trilogy love :D 

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Well where's the fun in that? :P

Well it may only have been a couple of lines but I was so excited to hear they played something ANYTHING from the trilogy so that was nice. I love Walk Away and he sounded amazing singing it. 

Now I want to find a longer clip of BS/Jaded than Sara’s instastory.

86 is a big one for me. love that song to death and i'm stoked they actually played it again without billie forgetting how the hell it goes!

Finally, Insomniac is getting some love.:wub: And the trilogy too, even though it was only a few lines.:wub:

12 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Finally some proper Insomniac: Brain Stew, Jaded and fking 86! And of course Coming Clean and Walk Away in Good Riddance (plus of course Nice Guys Finish Last, F.O.D and Waiting) Brilliant, so jealous!!! Best setlist until now by far!!!

OMG really:toocool:

Okay. Next time I'll just go see them in South America

New years resolution finally get a passport thing

Different sets just give you a more unique experience. Who doesn't want a unique show to remember in the ages to come?

One thing that I would really like would be full 21 guns but start it acoustic. Then after the bridge, full band enters in the solo. It would be a rad ending to the show

On 9/27/2016 at 4:59 AM, Steven Seagull said:

Green Day has the most boring setlists ever. They only play Dookie and American Idiot songs. Play some Dry Ice for a change, or Haha You're Dead, or Dirty Rotten Bastards. Just change some things for love of god.

American Eulogy?

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Dude, quoting a statement that old was simply unnecessary...

My bad. 

No problem, I was just pointing out, you can talk about songs which you’d like to hear them play, without quoting an old statement by our famous forum troll lol

On 11/15/2017 at 5:16 AM, MillenniumFan said:

I think my perfect RevRad setlist these days would be (and it’s insanely long, the longest setlist they would have ever done, or atleast as long as the one in Costa Rica, hold tight):

Bang Bang

Know Your Enemy 

Revolution Radio 

Holiday

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

East Jesus Nowhere

Viva La Gloria

Give Me Novacaine

Longview

Bouncing Off The Wall

Paper Lanterns 

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

J.A.R

Christie Road

Stuck With Me

Going To Pasalacqua 

F.O.D

Coming Clean

Welcome To Paradise

Nice Guys Finish Last

Hitchin A Ride 

Geek Stink Breath

Iron Man, Sweet Child Oh Mine, Highway To Hell (short covers)

Brain Stew

Jaded 

Waiting 

Knowledge

When I Come Around

Basket Case

St. Jimmy

Minority 

Still Breathing 

Forever Now

Encore 1: 

21st Century Breakdown

American Idiot

Jesus Of Suburbia or Homecoming

Encore 2:

Wake Me Up When September Ends (with half the band)

21 Guns (acoustic; first verse) 

Encore 3:

Redundant (acoustic)

Macy‘s Day Parade (snippet; acoustic)

Good Riddance (with snippet of 80)

ok heres mine

Bang bang

Know your enemy

RevRad

Holiday

uptight

welcome to paradise 

one that i want  

Green day

longview

2000 light years away 

no one knows

American Eulogy

Youngblood

Bouncing off the walls

we are the waiting 

st. jimmy

when i come around

pulling teeth

Basket case

king for a day (and the lifetime that it takes to get through the song)

minority

encore

American idoit

Jesus of suburbia 

Encore 2

ordinary world

(then billie asks what the crowd wants to here and he happens to here "words i might have ate")

Words i might have ate

Good riddance 

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

No problem, I was just pointing out, you can talk about songs which you’d like to hear them play, without quoting an old statement by our famous forum troll lol

ok, thank you for pointing out that it was old my i don't notice sometimes and just quote things 

16 hours ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

ok, thank you for pointing out that it was old my i don't notice sometimes and just quote things 

Don't worry there's no harm in it. The guy you quoted is banned now though haha :D 

On 11/21/2017 at 5:14 AM, Hermione said:

Don't worry there's no harm in it. The guy you quoted is banned now though haha :D 

why?

1 minute ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

why?

He wouldn't follow the rules and was a nuisance :P. But yeah anyway that's just why you randomly quoting him was amusing

Wow 90 pages of discussion about this tour's setlists, not bad.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

He wouldn't follow the rules and was a nuisance :P. But yeah anyway that's just why you randomly quoting him was amusing

Wow 90 pages of discussion about this tour's setlists, not bad.

oh ok well, i really try my best to not be a nuisance. but about setlists green day needs to play stuff backwards like rev rad stuff then some stuff from the trilogy then ,21st century breakdown ,american idiot ,warning nimrod ,insomniac, dookie kerplunk then 39/smooth stuff, their setlist has been the same for like forever and it's so painful.what would also be nice to me would for songs recorded before american idiot is played by just billie, mike and tre, i love jason with all my heart but i like the good ol days a lot.

37 minutes ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

oh ok well, i really try my best to not be a nuisance. but about setlists green day needs to play stuff backwards like rev rad stuff then some stuff from the trilogy then ,21st century breakdown ,american idiot ,warning nimrod ,insomniac, dookie kerplunk then 39/smooth stuff, their setlist has been the same for like forever and it's so painful.what would also be nice to me would for songs recorded before american idiot is played by just billie, mike and tre, i love jason with all my heart but i like the good ol days a lot.

Oh no I was only talking about the guy who was banned :lol:. You're not a nuisance and you didn't do anything wrong, there's no rule against quoting an old post. So nothing to worry about :) 

I guess we'll have to see what they do with their setlists on the next tour whenever that might be!

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Oh no I was only talking about the guy who was banned :lol:. You're not a nuisance and you didn't do anything wrong, there's no rule against quoting an old post. So nothing to worry about :) 

I guess we'll have to see what they do with their setlists on the next tour whenever that might be!

they need to play a secret show or special gig dedicated to 39/smooth kerplunk and nimrod songs that they haven't played live before maybe even go through the entire album?

2 minutes ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

they need to play a secret show or special gig dedicated to 39/smooth kerplunk and nimrod songs that they haven't played live before maybe even go through the entire album?

An entire album would definitely be cool. Billie's said a couple of times he'd like to play all of Kerplunk.....although it's been quite a few years and they haven't done it yet :P. Still they played all of Dookie a few times on the 99 Revolutions tour so it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

An entire album would definitely be cool. Billie's said a couple of times he'd like to play all of Kerplunk.....although it's been quite a few years and he hasn't done it yet. Still they played all of Dookie a few times on the 99 Revolutions tour so it's possible.

i want them to play no one knows live , uptight , sex drugs and violence,  i thought they would play some during the facebook livestream

before i die i am determined to meet billie and ask him some questions from this site 

and maybe get a kiss

many many kisses 

but then hope to got my parents dont find out i have the biggest crush on billie

3 minutes ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

i want them to play no one knows live , uptight , sex drugs and violence,  i thought they would play some during the facebook livestream

before i die i am determined to meet billie and ask him some questions from this site 

and maybe get a kiss

many many kisses 

but then hope to got my parents dont find out i have the biggest crush on billie

Yeah there's loads I'd love to see too, I guess they just have so many songs you have to be lucky for them to play your favourites. And you're definitely not alone in having a crush on Billie/a musician you're a fan of haha, pretty sure almost everyone does at some point.

Kind of a shame they never played more of Rev Rad I must say...bit late to complain now though :P 

Archived