New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

Since I missed out on the opportunity to attend any of the few trilogy-era shows, I would love to see some of those songs get their moment. It would be like a dream to see The Forgotten performed live mid-show to bring the calm before the storm of the second set. I'd also like to hear Troublemaker, Brutal Love :ga:, Dirty Rotten Bastards, or Kill the DJ. I also want as much as RevRad played as possible, if not the entire thing. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, LizTheRusher said:

Since I missed out on the opportunity to attend any of the few trilogy-era shows, I would love to see some of those songs get their moment. It would be like a dream to see The Forgotten performed live mid-show to bring the calm before the storm of the second set. I'd also like to hear Troublemaker, Brutal Love :ga:, Dirty Rotten Bastards, or Kill the DJ. I also want as much as RevRad played as possible, if not the entire thing. 

Entire of RevRad would be quite amazing

4 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

Entire of RevRad would be quite amazing

I don't think it is impossible either; its less than 45 minutes long! That effect would be awesome.

I would also love to hear Rev Rad in its entirety.  I would just go to the potty when Youngblood is on.  :lol:  However, at the very least.  I would love to see them open with Somewhere Now and close the set with Forever Now.

Agreed, the beginning of the concert should be the entire Rev Rad album. Somewhere now would be a beautiful opener!!! They could vamp the acoustic riff as they come on the stage, then Billie Joe starts singing...pure magic. 

NOOO!!!! I wish this thread doesn't exist! I know I'll end up checking it before my gig.

I hope they play bouncing off the walls. That would be such a fun song live. I don't think it would be a bad idea to play something like x-kid from the trilogy. I heard that song on the radio the other day. Keep Forever Now and all of the other RevRad songs on the setlist. i hope they play something like Walking Contradiction or Redundant. 

It'd be cool to hear revrad full once like Dookie at reading, but not in like a standard set - you miss out on too many older songs. 

Id also like to see Nimrod played in full next year as it's 20 years

Totally! Nimrod deserves it. Actually had a dream last night they were doing the tour in Europe and Billie was like "ok, old schoolers, we are going to do the whole Slappy EP". Then they did but in the dream I only remember Paper Lanterns and 409 In Your Coffeemaker. I think everybody would be pleasantly surprised though, only 4 tracks. I hope they keep Knowledge out on this tour though, since it's a cover, I'd like Paper Lanterns or all 4 songs on the EP!

I'm going to do my best to not follow the setlists.  I want to be totally surprised to hear KFAD on the Aussie leg of the tour.  #embracekfad but I would prefer #nokfadonthesetlist

21 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I'm going to do my best to not follow the setlists.  I want to be totally surprised to hear KFAD on the Aussie leg of the tour.  #embracekfad but I would prefer #nokfadonthesetlist

we might forget it exists if we stop reminding ourselves

I'm hoping that there's a good balance of their best-known songs, deeper cuts and new material. I'm just praying that Kerplunk, Insomniac and Nimrod get some good exposure, particularly songs like 80, Holden, Stuart, Armatage, Platypus, Reject and Redundant, as well as stuff like Misery and Blood, Sex and Booze from Warning.

In terms of an opener, I'd love Bang Bang or Welcome to Paradise! I love the suggestion of opening with Somewhere Now and ending with Forever Now :lol:

I'm hoping to check some more songs off of my list of "green day songs I haven't seen live...yet". Got some of my favourites on there too like stuck with me, redundant, walking contradiction, one of my lies. Too many to mention actually. I think they'd need to play literally Al night long to make us all happy though 😝. I do know though that whatever the setlist, it's going to kick ass

My current list of "Green Day songs I'd really love to see (but probably won't)" includes J.A.R., Going to Pasalacqua, One of my Lies, 409 In Your Coffeemaker, Walking Alone, and Stuck With Me (even though I got to see that one, it's just too amazing, one of my absolute favorites). And I'd of course love to see as much of RevRad as possible.

6 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Agreed, the beginning of the concert should be the entire Rev Rad album. Somewhere now would be a beautiful opener!!! They could vamp the acoustic riff as they come on the stage, then Billie Joe starts singing...pure magic. 

I have made a playlist after hearing RevRad of what I would like to hear on this tour and trying to keep it what I think is realistic as possible that green day will do with some surprises haha. I like your idea of Somewhere Now acoustic vamp! This Is what I would like! :) A little long but it's hard to pick  Green Day must find it so hard to pick a setlist now haha. 

Intro Somewhere Now Acoustic Riff

1. American Idiot

2. Bang Bang

3. Revolution Radio

4. Holiday

5. Say Goodbye

6. Stay the Night

7. Boulevard of Broken Dreams

8. Burnout

9. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

10. Youngblood

11. Waiting

12. Armatage Shanks

13. Hitchin a Ride

14. Longview

15. Basket Case

16. She

17. Welcome to Paradise

18. Going to Pasalacqua

19. Church on Sunday

20. Letterbomb

21. St. Jimmy

22. Scattered

23. Forever Now

24. 21 Guns

25. King for a Day

26. Still Breathing

27. Know Your Enemy

Encore

28. Minority

29. Jesus of Suburbia 

30. 99 Revolutions

Acoustic Encore

31. Wake Me Up When Septemeber Ends

32. Ordinary World

33. When It's Time

34. Good Riddance

What do you guys think? :)

Am I only one who would like to have them play something else from 21CB? The title track and Static Age with Jason Freeze on the sax are so good live. Then of course, more Warning (Church on Sunday, Hold On) and Worry Rock, Jinx/Haushinka, Walking Contradiction, Panic Song and No Pride.

4 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Am I only one who would like to have them play something else from 21CB? The title track and Static Age with Jason Freeze on the sax are so good live. Then of course, more Warning (Church on Sunday, Hold On) and Worry Rock, Jinx/Haushinka, Walking Contradiction, Panic Song and No Pride.

It would be nice to hear something else from 21CB. I think Gloria! East Jesus Nowhere or as you said The Static Age would be awesome! 

I would also like like more from Warning :) 

1 minute ago, GTP39Smooth said:

It would be nice to hear something else from 21CB. I think Gloria! East Jesus Nowhere or as you said The Static Age would be awesome! 

I would also like like more from Warning :) 

I fully agree. Both Gloria! would be awesome. East Jesus Nowhere of course never disappoints. I also liked American Eulogy live. It's so great to have Mike sing more than just background vocals.

I have two wishes - Somewhere Now as an opening and more songs from 21st Century Breakdown (other than Know Your Enemy). 

14 hours ago, Dakke said:

I've wished for a long time that they'd replace Holiday with East Jesus Nowhere (similar vibe, plus the child-saving is awesome and it really wouldn't be much of a loss to drop one of the many American Idiot songs). But it's the same old story where they'd rather leave out entire albums than play any less than half of American Idiot and Dookie at every show :P 

Unfortunately for Dookie, AI get's about 7 songs a set and Dookie usually only about 5 or 6. Probably just unfortunate for me but, I think the time is coming to eliminate an AI staple, that being either Holiday or Boulevard and we know Holiday is NOT going anywhere. Boulevard also just too much of a crowd pleaser or a first time attendee pleaser, still, probably not going anywhere. Does this mean both those staples stick around forever? They took out When I Come Around and Welcome To Paradise before, so these should leave at some point but not thus far.

I only care about hearing more RevRad songs live. That's all I want. I don't care what is sacrificed in order to hear Say Goodbye live, I just want it.

On 1/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, St. Jonny said:

Unfortunately for Dookie, AI get's about 7 songs a set and Dookie usually only about 5 or 6. Probably just unfortunate for me but, I think the time is coming to eliminate an AI staple, that being either Holiday or Boulevard and we know Holiday is NOT going anywhere. Boulevard also just too much of a crowd pleaser or a first time attendee pleaser, still, probably not going anywhere. Does this mean both those staples stick around forever? They took out When I Come Around and Welcome To Paradise before, so these should leave at some point but not thus far.

Boulevard hasn't been a staple this tour. Personally, I'd like to replace Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy, as a wesome as they are, with Letterbomb. Not for all shows, but just to create some diversity and make the setlists less predictable.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:54 AM, GTP39Smooth said:

I have made a playlist after hearing RevRad of what I would like to hear on this tour and trying to keep it what I think is realistic as possible that green day will do with some surprises haha. I like your idea of Somewhere Now acoustic vamp! This Is what I would like! :) A little long but it's hard to pick  Green Day must find it so hard to pick a setlist now haha. 

Intro Somewhere Now Acoustic Riff

1. American Idiot

2. Bang Bang

3. Revolution Radio

4. Holiday

5. Say Goodbye

6. Stay the Night

7. Boulevard of Broken Dreams

8. Burnout

9. Stop When The Red Lights Flash

10. Youngblood

11. Waiting

12. Armatage Shanks

13. Hitchin a Ride

14. Longview

15. Basket Case

16. She

17. Welcome to Paradise

18. Going to Pasalacqua

19. Church on Sunday

20. Letterbomb

21. St. Jimmy

22. Scattered

23. Forever Now

24. 21 Guns

25. King for a Day

26. Still Breathing

27. Know Your Enemy

Encore

28. Minority

29. Jesus of Suburbia 

30. 99 Revolutions

Acoustic Encore

31. Wake Me Up When Septemeber Ends

32. Ordinary World

33. When It's Time

34. Good Riddance

What do you guys think? :)

30. Dirty Rotten Bastards

31. Macy's Day Parade (yes, I'll keep postulating this song 'til they play it live.)

33. Brutal Love

I'd also change Boulevard with something from Warning (the eternal setlist stepchild IMO). Church on Sunday, Fashion Victim or Hold On. For the rest, I largely agree. With 12 albums (9 being represented anyways), it's ever more difficult to pick songs next to the obligatory 10 slots allotted to Dookie and AI. Some rotation during the tour would be nice.

Archived