Billie Joe J-180 acoustic guitar availability

asiegrist

Anyone know what the likelihood is I could ever find a billie joe J-180 acoustic guitar or where I'd find one? I know they made a limited number in 2011 and I'm guessing Gibson didn't make anymore after that. Has anyone either bought one or seen one floating around in recent past?

they are EXTREMELY hard to come by now, I almost snagged one this summer and that one was on ebay and went for around 2 grand (could've gone for me too sadly :/). They are not cheap and the signed ones are even more rare. I would always look on ebay, or even guitar center (used or vintage section). Craigslist would be an unlikely spot for one.

16 hours ago, fireballmx said:

they are EXTREMELY hard to come by now, I almost snagged one this summer and that one was on ebay and went for around 2 grand (could've gone for me too sadly :/). They are not cheap and the signed ones are even more rare. I would always look on ebay, or even guitar center (used or vintage section). Craigslist would be an unlikely spot for one.

Thanks! I'll check those out I've been checking ebay and reverb. I'd easily pay 2 grand for one.

The Billie signature model isn't really different than the regular model I don't think it's got same sound 

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

The Billie signature model isn't really different than the regular model I don't think it's got same sound 

Yea I know it's just worth it to me to buy his signature.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Lmao there is no 'regular model' fucking J-180. Not to mention the fact that his has an acoustic pickup in it so that it can be played through an amp. The J-180 is a special one-off model of the J-200 that was originally made in conjunction with the everly brothers. This is Billie Joe's J-180. The only thing it doesn't have is the pinless bridge that his actual BJ J-180 has because (from speculation around Gibson and the internet) either A: they don't have the rights to the bridge because it was designed by Ike Everly or B: they lost the original specifications on how to make it blah blah blah. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

5 hours ago, fireballmx said:

Lmao there is no 'regular model' fucking J-180. Not to mention the fact that his has an acoustic pickup in it so that it can be played through an amp. The J-180 is a special one-off model of the J-200 that was originally made in conjunction with the everly brothers. This is Billie Joe's J-180. The only thing it doesn't have is the pinless bridge that his actual BJ J-180 has because (from speculation around Gibson and the internet) either A: they don't have the rights to the bridge because it was designed by Ike Everly or B: they lost the original specifications on how to make it blah blah blah. You don't know what you're talking about at all.

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/20-Essential-Facts-About-The-Gibson-J-180.aspx

You can in fact get an non-Billie J-180... 

Billie's signature is just the EB signature and also since you apparently lack reading skills I also put I don't think as in I wasn't sure I'm not a Gibson fan so I don't keep up with their guitars

don't ever in life address me that way again you may get away with that with someone else but I ain't that one 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/20-Essential-Facts-About-The-Gibson-J-180.aspx

You can in fact get an in Billie J-180... 

Billie's signature is just the EB signature and also since you apparently lack reading skills I also put I don't think as in I wasn't sure I'm not a Gibson fan so I don't keep up with their guitars

don't ever in life address me that way again you may get away with that with someone else but I ain't that one 

So you cite an article that talks about J-180s that aren't produced anymore.....for an argument that you can still buy one.. lol?

The BJ sig J-180 was a crazy limited piece that had even more limited numbers that were signed inside the acoustic sound hole. His J-180 is not the EB J-180 just as his Les paul juniors aren't just "les paul juniors." The specs can be found from Gibson's website even.

If you didn't know that much about it why post? and back on topic, Reverb, eBay, GC used, and a hail Mary allofcraigslist search will be your best bet.

s5rhqa2syq1g30dquaao.jpg 

There it says its out of 50 but that is probably the signed BJ-J180s only, whereas the others was 3-500ish?

15 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

So you cite an article that talks about J-180s that aren't produced anymore.....for an argument that you can still buy one.. lol?

The BJ sig J-180 was a crazy limited piece that had even more limited numbers that were signed inside the acoustic sound hole. His J-180 is not the EB J-180 just as his Les paul juniors aren't just "les paul juniors." The specs can be found from Gibson's website even.

If you didn't know that much about it why post? and back on topic, Reverb, eBay, GC used, and a hail Mary allofcraigslist search will be your best bet.

There it says its out of 50 but that is probably the signed BJ-J180s only, whereas the others was 3-500ish?

finding a EB J-180 isn't that hard there are quite a few on eBay where as the BJA one isn't and i don't recall arguing that you can still buy one in stores brand new i simply said the J-180 isn't a BJA only model and there was another version you could get now stay out of my business fucky don't come for me unless i call for you he doesn't need a captain save em like you coming to his defense 

13 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

finding a EB J-180 isn't that hard there are quite a few on eBay where as the BJA one isn't and i don't recall arguing that you can still buy one in stores brand new i simply said the J-180 isn't a BJA only model and there was another version you could get now stay out of my business fucky don't come for me unless i call for you he doesn't need a captain save em like you coming to his defense 

So again, you saying "you can in fact get a BJ J-180" wasn't arguing that point.....

"WOW THE BJ J180 WASNT HIS MODEL TO START? - GENIUS!" No shit there's a ton of other models throughout Gibsons long existence, but not only is that irrelevant and off the topic of the BJ J180, nobody said otherwise.

Seems like you're triggered worse than most SJWs "Fucky"

Just now, LPbilliejr said:

So again, you saying "you can in fact get a BJ J-180" wasn't arguing that point.....

"WOW THE BJ J180 WASNT HIS MODEL TO START? - GENIUS!" No shit there's a ton of other models throughout Gibson a long existence, but not only is that irrelevant and off the topic of the BJ J180, nobody said otherwise.

Seems like you're triggered worse than most SJWs "Fucky"

Not triggered at all there's just a way to disagree with someone I don't let people talk to me like I'm a kid it's just a simple thing about respect something you clearly don't have a clue about

4 hours ago, fireballmx said:

12 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

"WOW THE BJ J180 WASNT HIS MODEL TO START? - GENIUS!" No shit there's a ton of other models throughout Gibsons long existence, but not only is that irrelevant and off the topic of the BJ J180, nobody said otherwise.

But...someone did say otherwise. And everyone calm down. It's literally a pointless argument. 

This is still on he topic of guitars. But I didn't really feel like making an entirely new thread for a different model of Gibson I've been after for SO fucking long. 

Does anyone have any advice where some of the best condition arctic white Les Paul Juniors can be found? They are just absolutely nowhere. I'm close to buying a Les Paul Standard but if the right LPJ in white pops up then I'm grabbing that first. I'm just looking to add to my guitar collection to be honest. I'm aiming to get both a standard and a Junior and will settle for the TV yellow one if I have to but white would be my ultimate preference. 

35 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

This is still on he topic of guitars. But I didn't really feel like making an entirely new thread for a different model of Gibson I've been after for SO fucking long. 

Does anyone have any advice where some of the best condition arctic white Les Paul Juniors can be found? They are just absolutely nowhere. I'm close to buying a Les Paul Standard but if the right LPJ in white pops up then I'm grabbing that first. I'm just looking to add to my guitar collection to be honest. I'm aiming to get both a standard and a Junior and will settle for the TV yellow one if I have to but white would be my ultimate preference. 

There's the best chance of finding a classic white bj junior model on ebay or reverb, but you'll have to wait to find a nice condition one. However, if you didn't want the sig model (dunno why you wouldn't, amazing case, vintage correct other than pickup/circuit, ebony fretboard, rare) it'll be borderline impossible to find an arctic white junior, you'll find satin white, or vintage white VOS models (which may be satin as well) and they are all hard to find in that finish which isn't arctic.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

You can in fact get an in Billie J-180... 

Don't fucking tell me what to do, go to your safe space you man child. Talk about triggered on the internet... pathetic

You'll get talked to like a child when you go spouting off on the internet like a clueless jackass. Get over yourself.

No you can't 'in fact' get a Billie Joe J-180, and the fucking J-180 is not in production right now. They just released a limited run of Cherry Red J-180s....thats it. 

There are no J-180s in production, you may be able to find a USED BJ J-180. Fucking admit to be a clueless idiot who felt like commenting on shit you clearly still know jack shit about.

20 minutes ago, LPbilliejr said:

There's the best chance of finding a classic white bj junior model on ebay or reverb, but you'll have to wait to find a nice condition one. However, if you didn't want the sig model (dunno why you wouldn't, amazing case, vintage correct other than pickup/circuit, ebony fretboard, rare) it'll be borderline impossible to find an arctic white junior, you'll find satin white, or vintage white VOS models (which may be satin as well) and they are all hard to find in that finish which isn't arctic.

As much as I love the signature one, it's a junior at the end of the day and there's only so much I'm willing to shell out for one. If we were talking Standards or Customs we'd be in a different ball park. If a sig came up for the right price then sure I'd snap it up. I've only ever seen ONE on eBay, and that was gone within in two days, just didn't have the funds. May have to settle for a TV yellow one to save the faff, but the white ones just looks so much more sleek and streamlined I would do anything to have one. Have no idea why Gibson stopped producing them.

25 minutes ago, fireballmx said:

Don't fucking tell me what to do, go to your safe space you man child. Talk about triggered on the internet... pathetic

You'll get talked to like a child when you go spouting off on the internet like a clueless jackass. Get over yourself.

No you can't 'in fact' get a Billie Joe J-180, and the fucking J-180 is not in production right now. They just released a limited run of Cherry Red J-180s....thats it. 

There are no J-180s in production, you may be able to find a USED BJ J-180. Fucking admit to be a clueless idiot who felt like commenting on shit you clearly still know jack shit about.

First of all you're the one who came aggressive to me first and no you will not talk to me like a child ME saying "The Billie signature model isn't really different than the regular model I don't think" is not spouting off I wasn't calling him names or was mean so get your panties out of your ass you really need to learn how to chill and how to respond to people also saying fuck doesn't make you hard or smart...

and I never said you can get a J-180 for a fact brand new you fuck boys really need to learn to read 

23 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

First of all you're the one who came aggressive to me first and no you will not talk to me like a child ME saying "The Billie signature model isn't really different than the regular model I don't think" is not spouting off I wasn't calling him names or was mean so get your panties out of your ass you really need to learn how to chill and how to respond to people also saying fuck doesn't make you hard or smart...

and I never said you can get a J-180 for a fact brand new you fuck boys really need to learn to read 

You're still proving my point. Fuck boys? Hard? Lmao. Stop, just stop

Stop thinking, because A: it is different than the 'Regular Model' (IE special edition runs of a J 180 or Everly Brothers Flattop), B: You are just arguing to argue because you got caught knowing nothing, and C: There is NO REGULAR MODEL J-180

18 minutes ago, fireballmx said:

You're still proving my point. Fuck boys? Hard? Lmao. Stop, just stop

Stop thinking, because A: it is different than the 'Regular Model' (IE special edition runs of a J 180 or Everly Brothers Flattop), B: You are just arguing to argue because you got caught knowing nothing, and C: There is NO REGULAR MODEL J-180

The EB is the "regular" model as the BJA is different model both aren't in production (however I never once said they were...) both can be found used however the EB model or as I call it the regular model as it came first is easier to find used than the BJA model 

now drop it 

Oh don't forget there are no 'Everly Brothers' guitars are on eBay. There's the copy of the newest limited edition run of a cherry red J-180 thats not even a legitatimate Gibson (made in Japan) quantity of 1 for almost 3 grand.

5 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

The EB is the "regular" model as the BJA is different model both aren't in production (however I never once said they were...) both can be found used however the EB model or as I call it the regular model as it came first is easier to find used than the BJA model 

now drop it 

Yea drop it, the EB is not the BJA signature J-180 that the OP wants.

4 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

As much as I love the signature one, it's a junior at the end of the day and there's only so much I'm willing to shell out for one. If we were talking Standards or Customs we'd be in a different ball park. If a sig came up for the right price then sure I'd snap it up. I've only ever seen ONE on eBay, and that was gone within in two days, just didn't have the funds. May have to settle for a TV yellow one to save the faff, but the white ones just looks so much more sleek and streamlined I would do anything to have one. Have no idea why Gibson stopped producing them.

Honestly, the two rarest BJ juniors are the white singlecut and tv yellow double cut models (tv was produced for only a few months and dropped and the white singlecut didn't carry on to be a third revision release like the sunburst and ebony model) so they generally sell for the most. If you're lucky someone will not favor the dc because it is missing the leopardprint lined hardcase making it cheaper but it for the most part hasn't dropped in value. And the age of the white juniors are starting to show.... I.E. You may like the vintage aspect that has or despise it. (Colors turn creamy/yellowing, etc)

IMO, wait for whichever one you want, it'll eventually pop up, rather than waste your money on a substitute "in the meantime". Just decide which color, cut, and weight your preference is. The dc is much much lighter and offers a different sound than the heavy singlecut. But the heavy guitars produce a fuller sound. Specs differ between generations of the singlecut signature juniors as well...tuners, placement of the bridge, case, etc so look for those as well.

Archived