11 - Forever Now

Lone

I was trying to work out what some parts of this remind me of slightly, and it's Jinx! Not in a bad or ripped off way at all (I absolutely love it), I just partly expect him to start singing "I'm a curse hanging around you!" at points :lol:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "from the Edge of the world" part may be my favorite hook on the entire album. The part where Billie goes "don't want to think about tomorroh oh oh ohhhhh" is like a close second. Forever now is soooo amazing and cheesy and perfect. It's exactly what I wanted from this album. It's something that feels like a less serious American idiot track that's just as fun.  Live this could be a monster 

I love this song so much.

standing on the edge of the world....

FUCK that lines gives me chills

The "burning lights and blackouts" line is so fucking awesome, and the guitars come crashing in, the timing of it all is spot on jdgnsdghdgbh I love this song, so god damn good. If I only had to listen to one song from this album over and over it'd be this, love it. 

I feel like they'll never play it live though unfortunately ://

On 09/10/2016 at 1:29 AM, Dirty Liar said:

The "Don't wanna think about tomorrow" section sounds like Sweet Jane by The Velvet Underground 

YES!!! I heard that instantly.  Sweet Jane is very special to me. 

This is by far the most coherent (i.e. Least disjointed) of all Green Day's multi-part songs.  It feels like one song with different elements rather than 3 songs squashed together into 1.  Not only better than DRB, but also flows better than JOS and Homecoming.  Love it!

Great closer, took a few listens to get the flow.  Love how they integrated  somewhere  now lyrics. 

"I ain't gonna stand in line no more" 

This line felt like it could  have easily  been at the end of JOS 

On 10/9/2016 at 8:49 PM, Platypus2000 said:

The "burnign lights and blackouts" line is so fucking awesome, ad the guitars come crashing in, the timing of it all is spot on jdgnsdghdgbh I love this song, so god damn good. If I only had to listen to one song from this album over and over it'd be this, love it. 

I feel like they'll never play it live though unfortunately ://

You never know. They did play "American Eulogy" during 21CB tour....actually, come to think of it, "Dirty Rotten Bastards" is pretty much the only multi-part Green Day song that hasn't been played live, so I'd say that bodes well! Especially if it's Billie's favorite.

13 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

This is by far the most coherent (i.e. Least disjointed) of all Green Day's multi-part songs.  It feels like one song with different elements rather than 3 songs squashed together into 1.  Not only better than DRB, but also flows better than JOS and Homecoming.  Love it!

Hmmm.....I disagree with regard to JOS and Homecoming, mainly because I feel like that's comparing apples to oranges. Those two tracks are more of extended suites, which, by definition, are made up of a series of distinctly separate movements; whereas Forever Now (along with DRB and, to a lesser extent, 21CB) feel more like rhapsodies imo.

e2a: I will say that Billie definitely upped his counterpoint game with this one, though.

This song is definetely becoming my absolute favorite so catchy, so incredible. 

It's been hard for me to pick a fave off RevRad but right now I have to say it's Forever Now. For some reason when I read the title I thought it would be a slow song, but I was so pleased when those guitars started up and Billie sang "My name is Billie and I'm freaking out" (I thought the line was cute).

Though it's not as epic as JoS or Homecoming, it has a similar vibe with everything crashing and culminating at the end. And I love the way everything flows into each other so well. I think GD are really getting better at their longer songs, so I'm pretty pleased with it. I love everything about this song. I just wish this was the final track instead of Ordinary World.

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

It's been hard for me to pick a fave off RevRad but right now I have to say it's Forever Now. For some reason when I read the title I thought it would be a slow song, but I was so pleased when those guitars started up and Billie sang "My name is Billie and I'm freaking out" (I thought the line was cute).

Though it's not as epic as JoS or Homecoming, it has a similar vibe with everything crashing and culminating at the end. And I love the way everything flows into each other so well. I think GD are really getting better at their longer songs, so I'm pretty pleased with it. I love everything about this song. I just wish this was the final track instead of Ordinary World.

Ordinary World is irrelevant, just make sure to pause Forever Now before OW starts playing ;)

4 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Ordinary World is irrelevant, just make sure to pause Forever Now before OW starts playing ;)

Or skip to Ordinary World when I start the album and let Forever Now finish it. I still like Ordinary World, but I don't think it's the proper closer.

I love Forever Now! it feels big and a good closer to the album (it should be the closer; ordinary world should come before imo) especially with the reprise of somewhere now. the good life lyric - i dont need to say much else. its excellent, and easily in my top 3 songs of the album.

Love the end of the song when everyboy sing "Somewhere Now" + "I don't want to think about..." + "I ain't gonna stand in line no more"

35 minutes ago, Johnny Higher said:

Love the end of the song when everyboy sing "Somewhere Now" + "I don't want to think about..." + "I ain't gonna stand in line no more"

It's so good...I do wish they play it live, it would be killer.

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It's so good...I do wish they play it live, it would be killer.

Me too! I love it when Billie sings "Oh I, I don't wanna think about tomorrow..." and "Oh I, I want to start a revolution...". Gives be goosebumps. So good (even though it was so hard to pick out a single track as a fave from this album).

Made me think about DRB too but in a way that it was somehow put together in a better fashion. (I'm no wordsmith - hope this makes sense!)

5 minutes ago, basketcase4933 said:

Me too! I love it when Billie sings "Oh I, I don't wanna think about tomorrow..." and "Oh I, I want to start a revolution...". Gives be goosebumps. So good (even though it was so hard to pick out a single track as a fave from this album).

Made me think about DRB too but in a way that it was somehow put together in a better fashion. (I'm no wordsmith - hope this makes sense!)

Yes, that part definitely is goosebumps-inducing. It sort of reminds me of the JoS/American Eulogy medley from AAF. I love it. At first it sounded like a cacophony to me but now I think it's epic.

Unlike other long songs, this one feels like one piece of music, not as a number of ideas they put together. The pieces just fit together very well. 

26 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes, that part definitely is goosebumps-inducing. It sort of reminds me of the JoS/American Eulogy medley from AAF. I love it. At first it sounded like a cacophony to me but now I think it's epic.

Unlike other long songs, this one feels like one piece of music, not as a number of ideas they put together. The pieces just fit together very well. 

Yeah like didn't Billie say in one of the interviews that some of the Trilogy had been rushed and I feel like DRB must've been one of those songs - just not quite perfect. But Forever Now seems "perfect".

I like these repeating chant-like lyrics that they've been doing on the past few albums :D 

Home, we're coming home again

I don't wanna live in the modern world

I ain't gonna stand in line no more

I love how low and deep his voice descends as he says "burning lights and blackouts". Reminds me of "well I know I'm not alright" in Stuck with me which destroys me every time. 

This song just progressively gets better and better. I love how the drums in the middle are kinda uncommon for green day but they work. And the ending is perfect. It's fun to jump along to. I can picture a whole crowd doing it.

Definitely one of my favorites on the album

On 10/11/2016 at 2:32 PM, kaylubd said:

Or skip to Ordinary World when I start the album and let Forever Now finish it. I still like Ordinary World, but I don't think it's the proper closer.

It is tho Billie comes to terms with things at the end of Forever Now when Somewhere Now reprises where at first life was dull and now in Forever Now he finds life full and Ordinary World is him coming to terms and at peace with it least that's the way I see it 

6 hours ago, deletethisaccount said:

I love how low and deep his voice descends as he says "burning lights and blackouts". Reminds me of "well I know I'm not alright" in Stuck with me which destroys me every time. 

Billie's really been working out the full spectrum of his vocal range on this album, and it's fantastic. :ga: "Say Goodbye" being another great example. And "Troubled Times".

Ya'll lyin if you don't the chills or something at "If this is what you call the good life I WANT A BETTER WAY TO DIE" 

Between this and Bang Bang they are the best!

Anyone else spotted the references in this? "My name is Bille and I'm freaking out" seems like a reference to We're Not Gonna Take It by The Who, "My name is Tommy and I became aware this year," and "I never learned to read or write so well, but I can play the guitar until it hurts like hell," is a total lift from Johnny B. Goode - "Who never ever learned to read or write so well, but he could play the guitar just like ringing a bell." 

:woot: My name is Tommy and I'm freaking out :runaround: 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Anyone else spotted the references in this? "My name is Bille and I'm freaking out" seems like a reference to We're Not Gonna Take It by The Who, "My name is Tommy and I became aware this year," and "I never learned to read or write so well," is a total lift from Johnny B. Goode - "Who never ever learned to read or write so well, but he could play the guitar just like ringing a bell." 

:woot: My name is Tommy and I'm freaking out :runaround: 

Actually I didn't but it's interesting :D Thanks for sharing :) I'm off to check it out :D 

Archived