11 - Forever Now

Lone

4 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

That would work, but the problem is I don't think this album really is about the chaos of the troubled times. There's a few songs about that, but most others aren't connected and lack shared themes. Which is fine. I just don't think OW still works in that way if not all or at least most of the tracks preceding it really are about the chaos.

The only songs that are not about chaos and our troubled times are only Outlaws, Bouncing Off the Wall, Too Dumb to Die and Youngblood and even still, they feel right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this song needs are "Dirnt Now" and "Cool Now" segments.  With them singing lead.  

Really not keen on the beginning. But as it works through it gets better. For me the first part is just downright cringeworthy. I love the second half though. 

Favourite song off the album! Really hope they play this in Australia

On September 26, 2016 at 10:15 AM, StuckWithDom said:

I fucking love the line "If this is what they call the good life, then I want a better way to die"

I can be listening along feeling totally fine, and as soon as that line kicks in I feel so emotional. That's when it hits you what an awesome song/album this is. This song does a REALLY phenomenal job of tying together the rest of the album. 

Just now, stories and songs said:

I can be listening along feeling totally fine, and as soon as that line kicks in I feel so emotional. That's when it hits you what an awesome song/album this is. This song does a REALLY phenomenal job of tying together the rest of the album. 

Same! I was walking down the street when I was first listening to it and then that line came, and BAM, it felt like I was punched in the heart. It took my breath away. Fantastic song 

I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I really think this is my favorite song on the record. Like a few people have been saying here, when "If this is what you call the good life/I want a better way to die" kicks in, I am so into it. That point on is really something special. I get goosebumps when I hear the final chorus.

When I first heard this song I liked it, but I kind of forgot about it after because I was so in love with Say Goodbye and Troubled Times. But as I kept listening to the album, I realized just how much I love this song. I think they're the best lyrics on the album and I feel like they're so relatable, especially "if this is what you call the good life, I want a better way to die".

Ugh and then when it ties in Somewhere Now, but then he changes dull to full? I lose it.

I think this song may be my favorite song form the album and possibly one of my overall favorites. I'm at the point where sometimes I just sit and listen to it on repeat now.

I'm listening to the last part now but I actually kinda forgot it was still playing, decent enough but hasn't grabbed me at all.

19 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

I'm listening to the last part now but I actually kinda forgot it was still playing, decent enough but hasn't grabbed me at all.

I'm beginning to figure out your approach of "the more effort it took to write, the less good it is." I see you, Jimmy.

Just now, Spike said:

I'm beginning to figure out your approach of "the more effort it took to write, the less good it is." I see you, Jimmy.

Nah, Johnny Cash took four years to write The Man Comes Around and that's genius :P

I almost forgot about this song! Listening to it now, I freaking love it

Love how in the liner notes it's got seperate parts like Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming.   Just wish they had showed those on the back of the album.  Maybe they thought it would be too similiar to American Idiot, but whatever.   

Part 1:  I'm Freaking Out

Part 2: A Better Way to Die

Part 3: Somewhere (reprise)

Wait.  Somewhere Now and Forever Now tie together, and Outlaws mentions "Forever Now".  What if at one point they were all one giant 16:03 song??????    

What if the entire album is one long song if you rearrange them in a certain order???????????????????????????? 

Really cool song :D yes i agree the harmony part is amazing! Also if Green Day doesn't have at least a 7 minute song on every album from here on out i'll be disappointed! 

13 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

All this song needs are "Dirnt Now" and "Cool Now" segments.  With them singing lead.  

Sadly I think all "dirnt now" parts are weak. His voice compliments billies so well but on his own are just bad.

That being said, this song is the best on the album and probably one of my favourites they've done in the last 5 years

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

@thatdude03 Green Day gave us a new album AND a puzzle. They're so good to us.

I'm glad I took today off for the album release (seriously).    I'm going to need time to work this out.   

It could be that all their albums are pieces in a massive structure of some sort.   I might go insane today but that's alright.  I'm still breathing.   

I do think that the album I bought this morning was reorganized from something totally different.   Weird intros and outros, disjointed sounds, lyrics popping up in multiple song......

BANG BANG, RevRad and Saygoodbye could have been one long song with their themes. Throw in Trouble Times and you've got a political album right there.   6-9, while varied, could all be kind 'love songs'.   

Somewhere/Forever Now, Outlaws and Ordinary World could be another big long song.    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"I've never learned to read and write so well, but I can play the guitar til it hurts like hell."

THIS LYRIC.  If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll always fail.

That whole breakdown.(?)  SO MUCH TOM PETTY FEELING IN THERE.  He captures the feeling of adulthood so well, that we were once all kids with these crazy ideals but life forces us into this daily grind that's so soul-sucking and awful.

It's long but it doesn't even feel long.

6 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

Love how in the liner notes it's got seperate parts like Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming.   Just wish they had showed those on the back of the album.  Maybe they thought it would be too similiar to American Idiot, but whatever.   

Part 1:  I'm Freaking Out

Part 2: A Better Way to Die

Part 3: Somewhere (reprise)

Wait.  Somewhere Now and Forever Now tie together, and Outlaws mentions "Forever Now".  What if at one point they were all one giant 16:03 song??????    

What if the entire album is one long song if you rearrange them in a certain order???????????????????????????? 

If you play Outlaws, then Forever Now, then Somewhere Now back to back it sounds absolutely amazing. I do think the three songs were meant to go together.

lol, when I first started listening to this, I was like "okay, why does everyone love this? But once I got to the midpoint, particularly from "If  this is what you call the good life..." onward, I was completely sold! Definitely love the use of the reprise and the way the ending just brings everything together :wub: And hells yes to the bow guitar!!

Have you guys watched the backstage video that was posted on GDA yesterday? Billie said that Forever Now is his favorite track on the album :D

Archived