11 - Forever Now

Lone

This is where you can talk about the eleventh track off the album.

Lyrics

Spoiler

My name is Billie and I’m freaking out
I thought before I was now I can’t really figure it out
I sit alone with my thoughts and prayers
Screaming my memories as if I was never there

Standing at the edge of the world
It’s giving me the chills
Looking down the edge of the world
Lost and then tangled and it’s freaking out 
Burning lights and blackouts.

From the edge of the world

I’m like a punk rocker on labor day
How the hell did I work so hard to perform this way
I’ve never learn to read or write so well
But I can play the guitar until it hurts like hell

Standing at the edge of the world
It’s giving me the chills
Lost and then tangled it’s freaking me out
Burning lights and blackouts

If this is what you call the good life
I want a better way to die
If this what you call a good life

Oh I
Don’t want to think about tomorrow
Don’t want to think about the road
It doesn’t matter anyway

Oh I
I want to start a revolution
I want to hear it on the radio
And put it off another day

I want a new conspiracy
And the silence of a thousand cries
So hurry up

I’m running late to somewhere now
Where I don’t want to be
Where the future and promises 
Ain’t what it used to be

I never wanted to compromise
Or bargain with my soul
How did a life on the wild side ever get so full

Somewhere now
Somewhere now
Somewhere now
Somewhere now

Oh I
It doesn’t matter anyway

Oh I
I want to hear it on my radio 

Oh I 
It doesn’t matter anyway

Oh I 
I want to hear my on the radio

Song page on GDA: http://www.greendayauthority.com/music/song/766/

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love this one as a show closer in an encore with American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia, like Brutal Love in 99 Revolutions Tour 

This one is good. However, I was definitely anticipating it to be much like Homecoming and it fell flat in that regard. It'll grow on me I'm sure.

Good one, the part in the middle is the best one, and it's well connected with Somewhere Now. Good idea and well developed :)

The first line made me laugh the first time I heard it. It took a few listens, but I really like it now.

This was a proper grower for me. You have to appreciate the time and effort that went into this one, this is what DRB tried to be, they pulled it off better here.

I personally love the overlapping vocals towards the end incorporating the melodies from "Somewhere Now", "Forever Now" and the "I a'int gonna stand in line no more!" chants. I really wish there was more of that bigger sound throughout, but the song is just fine regardless :)

I loved this one.  The overlapping at the ending was the perfect way to end the album

...so why did they throw OW afterwards?  Should've been a bonus track if you ask me.  This as the closer would be amazing

Just now, onionbubs said:

I loved this one.  The overlapping at the ending was the perfect way to end the album

...so why did they throw OW afterwards?  Should've been a bonus track if you ask me.  This as the closer would be amazing

I don't agree. If anything I think they should remove Forever now. I always have to skip that track to get to Ordinary World.

Just now, onionbubs said:

I think ORdinary World ties the album together.  They are ending an album about the chaos  in the world with a song about hwo the little things in life are most important.  For me, the album would not feel finished without it.

I hate the way this song starts so abruptly, after that it kicks some ass.  Again another song that sounds like it could have been co-written by Pete Townsend.  

28 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I don't agree. If anything I think they should remove Forever now. I always have to skip that track to get to Ordinary World.

You're just a bit of a downer aren't you?

This is one of two songs on the album (the other being Outlaws) that at first I'm like, "Yeah, this is fine" and then halfway through it explodes and I love it. It really wraps up the entire album nicely, and the tie-in to Somewhere Now is all sorts of brilliant. The reprisal doesn't feel forced at all, and almost takes you by surprise. So great.

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I think ORdinary World ties the album together.  They are ending an album about the chaos  in the world with a song about hwo the little things in life are most important.  For me, the album would not feel finished without it.

That would work, but the problem is I don't think this album really is about the chaos of the troubled times. There's a few songs about that, but most others aren't connected and lack shared themes. Which is fine. I just don't think OW still works in that way if not all or at least most of the tracks preceding it really are about the chaos.

23 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

That would work, but the problem is I don't think this album really is about the chaos of the troubled times. There's a few songs about that, but most others aren't connected and lack shared themes. Which is fine. I just don't think OW still works in that way if not all or at least most of the tracks preceding it really are about the chaos.

WEll we have a song about a mass shooter, the paris attacks, the black lives matter movement, etc.  No not every song is about chaos, but there is definitely a running theme.    I think the theme and melody of Ordinary World definitely ties it together.

I fucking love the line "If this is what they call the good life, then I want a better way to die"

Amazing. Top song. Musically is all I wanted from the guys. I wouldn't mind if future Green Day sounds like this one. 

Not as catchy as JOS or Homecoming but the way it interacts with Somewhere Now is really beautiful, that bow guitar - take a bow!

Also that final Chorus (A Quick one... like) and the last riff - great closure to an album.

14 hours ago, Lone said:

My name is Billie and I’m freaking out
I thought before I was now I can’t really figure it out
I sit alone with my thoughts and prayers
Screaming my memories as if I was never there

Lost and then tangled and it’s freaking out 
Burning lights and blackouts.

If this is what you call the good life

I can't decide if this song is talking about his personal life or the world in general. I feel like it could really go either way, right? Does anyone have an interpretation?

8 hours ago, Asa. said:

If this is what you call the good life, I want a better way to die...

Love that harmony at that part.

Completely agree! Favourite part in the song. Actually, I would've loved to experience it as a complete song, sounds amazing to me. Anyway, I still love Forever Now, top 3 in the album.

Archived