07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

You know what this song needs?   An amazing music video!

THIS!! I'm so curious for just the lyric video, god, imagine a Music video

8 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

WOW.  A different pace is what I've been waiting to hear from RevRad and this is it.   It proves the album is more than 11 angry rants and book-ended by Ordinary World.  

Now we've heard one third of of the album and it just keeps getting better and better.   I'm crying over here.   A song doesn't have to sound like Dookie Era to be classic Green Day because this thing IS CLASSIC!   This is what Green Day does best.    

Also, I have cause to celebrate because I JUST posted about how I believed this was going to be one of my favorites!  Not only has Green Day been my favorite band for 20 years but I've experienced a lot of the same personal tragedies as them as well.  this song just really got me.   I've lost a parent to cancer, I've had cancer myself.   I've struggled and overcome addictions, gotten divorced.....heck, I was drinking heavily during the time the Trilogy came out.      Not even three whole spins and this song has helped me so much.   The underlying message at the heart of Green Day has always been "The world is screwed up, but I'm still alive."   

In 2014 my doctors told me I wouldn't make.   But you what?   I'm still breathing!   

Let's celebrate your life man, you're still breathing and you just gave us a big lesson!

I guess that unless it's released as a single (as in, it's a separate album on iTunes to RevRad) it won't be available to get separately?

1 minute ago, manuelps said:

@Matt. It's like this on NZ iTune store: iuVCbZw.png

Yeah, I'm checking for it there too online: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/revolution-radio/id1140560324

Just didn't know if the web version was a little slow compared to the actual store in NZ. Changing my country in iTunes is a pain because it logs me out of everything.

The weird echo effect in the bridge bothers me a great deal. It makes it feel less genuine

yet another offering from this album that's going to be a joy to participate with in a live setting

I think the underlying message will ring true with anyone that's gone through some shit and come out the other side

it feels to me like an anthem that would close out an album...so it's placement on Rev Rad I think makes for one hell of a rollercoaster

Parts of this song are ok. Most is laughably bad. This song's poppy bounciness is almost ironic coming after Bang Bang and Revolution Radio.

4 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I guess that unless it's released as a single (as in, it's a separate album on iTunes to RevRad) it won't be available to get separately?

Normally you'd expect it to be available to purchase on its own from the album regardless of whether it's formally a single or not.

it started like a One Direction song lol.Billie's mission accomplished.

well, i'm not gonna be a downer and gonna give it more chances later.i just think it's so uninspired ,ya know? They keep talking about how this album is their best and i can't even see it beating 39/smooth. I mean a song like " Road To Acceptance" has a special charm in it and this song... call it forced or uninspired or lazy work. it's just not the song i was waiting for from the first time i heard about it.

i just noticed i got it all out at once :lol:

I can't get over how different this song is from Bang Bang and Revrad... I'm so excited to see how this album will turn out! :runaround:

The trilogy influence on this album is just huge. Am I the only one who hears The Forgotten in this one? From what I heard so far only Bang Bang doesn't sound like a song that would fit here. All three other songs sound like the right step forward. I love that there are no stories through the album like there were on AI and 21CB. Each song stands out on it's own just like songs on the trilogy. I would put this song on ¡Tré!

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

The trilogy influence on this album is just huge. Am I the only one who hears The Forgotten in this one? From what I heard so far only Bang Bang doesn't sound like a song that would fit here. All three other songs sound like the right step forward. I love that there are no stories through the album like there were on AI and 21CB. Each song stands out on it's own just like songs on the trilogy. I would put this song on ¡Tré!

That's true, this and Revolution Radio do have a strong trilogy sound. And I don't like it.

Well, Green Day made the Trilogy and they made Revolution Radio, so it's not unexpected...

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

Normally you'd expect it to be available to purchase on its own from the album regardless of whether it's formally a single or not.

That's true. I've seen it before with soundtrack albums but seems weird for this album to be mostly album only.

You're so desperate :lol: 

Archived