07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

1 minute ago, michel_ale said:

is not to much pop , i think that the song is the power and the rage, is my first time i hear to billie joe sing like that, seriously is amazing , the passion and the songs of the guitars you wrap in this song and

I feel like I 'm dying while living with more force for this song

I feel exactly the same. I don't think we've ever heard him sing like that. The power of it makes me feel breathless. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it, it's just, the verses are so different from the other songs and Green Day in general and how Billie Joe normally sings.. It's very incongruent, it is like a different band with Billie Joe in it. Like     John Feldmann just ordered a song for them. However, I still like it ;)

Oh God. Only 30 seconds but it sounds like when a boyband tries to go rock. Reminds me of mid 2000's Backstreet Boys. I don't even want to hear the rest. Damn. 

so funny seeing all the different reactions

some love it and some hate it.. better make up my own mind:runaround:

Here are the lyrics I have. A little help in the blank areas, please!

Spoiler

I'm like a child looking off in the horizon
I'm like an ambulance turning on the sirens
Oh, I'm still alive

I'm like a solider coming home for the first time
I dodge a bullet, I walk across a landmine
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding
Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage
So far away away

Because I'm still breathing
'cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the ___ and roses
Making my way away

Cause I'm still breathing
Cause I'm still breathing on my own
Making my way away

My way to you

I'm like a junkie tying off for the last time
I'm like a loser that's betting on his last dime
Oh, I'm still alive

I'm like a son that was raised without a father
I'm like a mother ___ keeping it together
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding
Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage
So far away away

Making my way away away

Making my way away away

As I walk down ____
Are you scared to _____
I've been running all my life
Just to find a home that's for the restless
The truth that's in the message
Making my way away away

Making my way away

Making my way away

Making my way away

My way to you

Not sure about that song, but I'm judging by hearing the 30 second preview. The vocals remind me of the trilogy. But I'm going to wait until I hear the full song before I can say whether I like it or not

This song is such a mix, I like it, but it doesn't sound like anything they have ever done before and that's amazing! It's something refreshing, very well produced and catchy, it will probably gonna boost album sales and get a lot of radio airplay, I get why you may not like it but I love it

A song being poppy does not necessarily mean it's bad.  Even if you hate pop, please don't hate something before you've even listened to it properly just because of the perceived genre/style of it.  I mean, you're allowed to hate the song, and even hate it because its 'poppy', but don't hate it because it's poppy without having listened properly. 

I'm admittedly not hearing the overt pop. It's not signature Green Day or anything, but it's no different for them than something like Boulevard was. 

Wow it's the most pop Green Day song ever! Really surprising and different, listening to it was similar to first hearing the cleaned up falsetto in 21 Guns having never heard singing like that from Billie before. Although I expect like with that it won't sound as different after more listens.

I prefer Bang Bang and Rev Rad by far but I like it for the fact there's no other Green Day song like it! Always love it when they do something new. Quite catchy and a nice melody as well, and interesting to have such personal/emotional lyrics on such a pop tune.

Also I really shouldn't listen to any more leaked songs if they come out, I don't want to spoil getting the album :P 

some people feel frightened when you hear only the voice thinking it's pop with a touch of generic guitars, but after the first verse is punk , is passion , is something that connect you with billie , their addiction , not to get ahead it is a break, you're living for something and you're still alive for some reason , nothing but this song made my day

1 minute ago, lorenovacaine said:

This song made me cry like a child. I feel very involved in the lyrics..I hate to be so emotional :cry:

i think it sound just perfect...i'm crying too :cry:

If the rule is 'no download links' can someone please where I can hear the full song?  

I listened to the preview and it's difficult to tell much from that.    

5 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Wow, I'm really digging those lyrics. Bit cliché but very emotive.

I agree with this assessment. I think Billie has a knack for getting away with using cliches from time to time though, it always comes across like he used the phrase because it was the right one and he meant it and he isn't bothered if it's a bit cliched, rather than like he's resorting to using it because of lack of creativity. Comes across that way here as usual.

Listened to the full song, very different so I'm not surprised there are additional songwriter credit here. My fiance came in and asked who is this and I said Green Day. She was like wow...that does not sound like their style at all.

I mean I still love it, just very different. 

Archived