07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

16 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

But yeah, Revolution Radio is a great record and it deserves all the chances it can get.  I'm hoping for 3 more singles, maybe even more!   

"Revolution Radio"

"Ordinary World"

I can't decide what the final one should be.   Outlaws, Youngblood, Too Dumb to Die and Forever Now are sooooo freaking good.  (no offense to the songs not mentioned here, I love the whole record!)

If we are going by industry standards (which the band has been known to break) Then I'd go with "Youngblood" or "Too Dumb to Die"  

If it were me, I'd release all twelve of them over an extended period of time.    See what sticks.   You never know what might be the next big song.   

Anyway, I'm done quoting you now.   :)

Sorry but I think RR, OW and YB and Outlaws would be the worst choices for singles. (Not that I don't like those songs but RR is too generic of a political song, OW is mediocre, YB is too hated and Outlaws is too long)

I think the best choices for singles would be: Troubled Times, Forever Now and Too Dumb To Die or Say Goodbye

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21 December 2016 at 4:57 AM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I'm going to post every time I hear this song on the radio!   93.3 The Planet and 98.5 Alternative X are playing it non stop.  I literally switched from Rev Rad to the radio to hear something else for a bit and there it is again.  So I switch to another station and there it is again!   And even though I was searching for something else, I listened to it all the way through on both stations and then put it on repeat on the cd again.  

I'm very happy for my favorite band to be getting so much airplay.   I just hope it keeps getting played on a regular basis and doesn't fade away after a month.  If BANG BANG can hit #1 this song should reach into the negative numbers for goodness sake.  I was crying in the car on my way home just now.   THIS SONG MAN.   THIS SONG!  

Anybody have any Rev Rad related tattoos yet?   Anyone have any Trilogy related tattoos now that I think about it?  

I'm thinking of a Too Dumb to Die tattoo, lol.    

Anyway.   Still Breathing.  

I'm still breathing.  

On the upper part of my sleeve (all music related) I have green day album/single covers. I have the traffic lights from the oh love single and the lips & crossbones from stray heart. 

But yeah still breathing connects with me on so many levels. It's so simple yet so complex. i still listen to revrad in its entirety once a day, and this song gets me caught up in a wave of emotion...every single time! The line "cause I'm still breathing. Im still breathing on my own..." Makes me think of my uncle who survived a rare form of leukaemia this year and how lucky I feel that he's still alive. I can only imagine how strong a person must be to kick cancers ass, but this song is as close as I could ever come to feeling what he felt without actually living it. 

23 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Sorry but I think RR, OW and YB and Outlaws would be the worst choices for singles. (Not that I don't like those songs but RR is too generic of a political song, OW is mediocre, YB is too hated and Outlaws is too long)

I think the best choices for singles would be: Troubled Times, Forever Now and Too Dumb To Die or Say Goodbye

You think Outlaws is too long but you want Forever Now as a single.   That makes total sense! :)    (Forever Now is 1:52 seconds longer than Outlaws and I feel like they could make a decent radio edit of Outlaws, unlike Forever Now, which would be butchered and awful like a 6 minute Jesus of Suburbia.)    

Rev Rad's generic-ness is what would make it so successful, that was my thought process anyway, lol.  It's sort of the typical Green Day tune which the public hasn't heard from this record yet.   They have heard the snarling BANG BANG and the poppy Still Breathing.

Troubled Times is good, but the worst song on the record in my opinion but Say Goodbye is awesome.     

We both agree on Too Dumb to Die and that's all that really matters.  It shall be the new single!  Cheers! 

18 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

You think Outlaws is too long but you want Forever Now as a single.   That makes total sense! :)    (Forever Now is 1:52 seconds longer than Outlaws and I feel like they could make a decent radio edit of it, unlike Forever Now, which would be butchered and awful like a 6 minute Jesus of Suburbia.)    

Rev Rad's generic-ness is what would make it so successful, that was my thought process anyway, lol.  It's sort of the typical Green Day tune which the public hasn't heard from this record yet.   They have heard the snarling BANG BANG and the poppy Still Breathing.   

We both agree on Too Dumb to Die and that's all that really matters.  Cheers! 

What I meant about Outlaws being too long is that it's 5 minutes of the same thing whereas Forever Now is 7 minutes of 3 different acts. The song changes throughout the 7 minutes

RevRad is generic in a bad way. Not saying it's a bad song but compared to a song like 21CB (which is a bit generic but epic), it's kind of mediocre. Honestly, I'm surprised the song 21CB wasn't a hit, I'm sure it would be if that was the lead single for that album. RevRad doesn't have the potential that 21CB had.

Think back to before the album came out. We had heard BB, RR and SB. People were much more excited by BB and SB than RR, at least I think so. RR would not be beneficial as a single. It was fine as a lyric video to promote the album, but as a single, there's so many better choices, especially in terms of political songs. TT and SG would be much better as political singles imo. TT while a bit generic too has that epic feel and great lyrics, something RR lacks

Showed it to my mom the other day, she said she had definitely heard it on the radio a few times.

So my girlfriend likes Green Day, but she's far from "spending every waking hour on GDA" level fan like me.    We were in her car and this song came on.   She said that while she doesn't love it like I do, she caught herself singing it in the kitchen.   It's stuck in her head and she can't get it out, haha!  

I can't believe how often it's getting played on the radio.   One day I heard it on two different stations at the same time!  

Also, I heard three different Green Day song playing on different stations recently, THAT was cool.   It was Brainstew, Welcome to Paradise and THIS ONE!!!!!!    

This song WILL hit NUMBER ONE.    

21 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

This song WILL hit NUMBER ONE.    

Almost this week, according to Billboard charts. #3 in Alt, #2 in Rock Airplay. Getting closer! :) Weekly Chart Recap post going up on GDA tomorrow afternoon.

49 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Almost this week, according to Billboard charts. #3 in Alt, #2 in Rock Airplay. Getting closer! :) Weekly Chart Recap post going up on GDA tomorrow afternoon.

Almost only really counts in horse shoes and hand grenades!   

I didn't hear this one on the radio today, but for the second time this week I heard three Green Day songs playing on three stations at the same time.   Longview, Brainstew and another one........they are all over the radio in my little corner.   yay!

• 2 weeks later...

as much as i love the song and it hurts me to say this, i really think they need to do this song in e flat tuning live (alongside everything pre-nimrod/warning). Billie has done some incredible things vocally, and he's hit higher notes than in this song (pre-pubescent beejoe tho), but for some reason he just can't seem to hit the jump in the chorus live. He barely does it on Ellen and i honestly think thats the only live video ive ever seen where he hits those notes accurately. maybe if they play it flat he'll play along instead of just holding the guitar. the dynamic factor when he actually played the guitar in the chorus at starland ballroom is literally what MADE that performance for you. quiet whisper to menacingly loud.

if anybody has a video besides ellen where billie does above average with the song tho pls link i wanna seee

• 2 weeks later...

This song is perfection. It's going to top most of the Billboard rock charts and live it sounds so good. Glad they wrote such a deep and emotional song like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think we could have a new video music for the next single, any time soon. What do you think? Before or after next us tour leg?

I don't ever listen to the radio but apparently it is getting some rotation on UK radio.  No surprise that Kerrang is its biggest fan ;)

My nan claims she's heard it and actually likes it 😂.  Shame they didn't do any tv/radio interviews while they were over here.  This song has potential to be huge.  Radio 2 has the most listeners in the UK but SB has apparently only had one play in the last 30 days.

Anyone have any more info on that promo CD that was supposed to be released?

It's about time for the next single.  In years past the band has put 105 days between the second and third single.   Febuary 25th will be 105 days after "Still Breathing" came out.   But maybe due to this songs success they are stretching it out as long as they can.    

I haven't been on the board much these days.  Not a whole lot going on at the moment.   

9 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

It's about time for the next single.  In years past the band has put 105 days between the second and third single.   Febuary 25th will be 105 days after "Still Breathing" came out.   But maybe due to this songs success they are stretching it out as long as they can.    

I haven't been on the board much these days.  Not a whole lot going on at the moment.   

Well the promo CD for SB was just released in the U.K recently. I think they're waiting to see if that will have an effect on the UK charts first. Releasing another single now might kill any more potential that SB has to chart. I do think the next single should be released quite soon, just not yet

Archived