02 - Bang Bang

Lone

No haters yet, amazing!  Some really cool things in the lyric video too.  American Idiot images and Mike is wearing a LUSHOTOLOGY t shirt!   Kind of has a foxboro hot tubs instrumental feel, which fits in with Billie wanting a 'low high sound'.    It's an original sound for the guys and it incapsulated everything they've done so far in a great way.   It's sort of a celebration of their entire career without looking back which is just what Billie was wanting.   A perfect next step for the perfect rock band!   

Has anyone else noticed any cool easter eggs within the video?  

• Like 2

Loved the intro. I think I need to hear the song several times to make up an option about it. 

4 minutes ago, AndrewW91 said:

Is there just an MP3 available somewhere?  I can't pre-order the album until Monday, and I need to jam this in my car all day.

it's on spotify, if that helps

The little exotic bit in the middle is brilliant, almost Offspring-esque. Tre's solo, wow. Lyrics actually mean something, freaking love it. Full blast on repeat!

• Like 4

That's fucking badass, I wasn't Super hyped until it hit the 2 minute mark and now I'm just blown away. 

Listening to that song before a half hour revision session was a terrible idea, there's no way I can sit down.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

But those billie vocals :/ i dont like the vocals on the verses it reminds me the nightmare vocals of unodostre.

You mean you don't like over produced vocals and the lack of Mike Dirnts' backing vocals? Me either.

This song is not getting much airplay. It's too heavy for today's radio.........I guess radio stations need a bit of a revolution ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Second favourite son said:

Listening to that song before a half hour revision session was a terrible idea, there's no way I can sit down.

I totally feel you, man. I'm so hyped up with nothing to do :lol: I don't know if it's the excitement for the song or THE SONG ITSELF.

This is everything I hoped for and more. Its like Insomniac to me but more mature/current. The lyric video is also pretty sweet. 

• Like 1

This song will be insane at concerts. No one will have there phone out. they will be too busy moshing. :D

• Like 3

I'M SO HAPPY THIS IS THE BEST THING :runaround: I love the lyrics video so great. I love everything about this. :wub:

GREEN DAAAY IS BACK! 

I love the fact that they haven't ditched the trilogy just because some people hated it, but instead used the same style but upgraded it even more with their early sound. I said in 2012 that Trilogy was like an experiment to go back to their roots and they really did this great with Bang Bang. I hear no punk opera shit in this song, just raw and kickass Green Day

• Like 4

Love love love this song! It's like the new and old Green Day mashing together to create something fresh and kick ass.

I have high expectations for this album since Green Day usually flops with their singles. I mean, if this song is great imagine how amazing the rest of the album will be. :P

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

Lyric video should just be the actual video it's brilliant. 

Love the line "Bang Bang give me fame, shoot me up to entertain ". 

wonder if that's a reference to the effects of drug/alcohol on being an entertainer.... (of course someone had to go there).

I'm seeing surprisingly little negativity about this on other social media platforms!

• Like 1