01 - Somewhere Now

Lone

This is where you can talk about the first track off the album.

Lyrics

I’m running late to somewhere now
I don’t want to be
Where the future and promises 
Ain’t what it used to be

I never wanted to compromise
Or bargain with my soul
How did a life on the wild side ever get so dull

All grown up and medicated
On my own cellular waves 
I put the riot in patriot
And we all die in threes

I got a scene in the middle of the road
I’m gonna take my time 
I shop online so I can bolt
At the speed of life

I am like drum way up in the sky
I am the shooting star
There’s a soldier that’s freaking out
P.S this is war

All grown up and medicated
Am on cellular waves
I put the riot in patriotic 
And we all die in threes

All we want is money and guns
A new catastrophe 
Here goes nothing 
There is nothing to lose
It’s a small price we pay
When we all dies in threes

Somewhere now
Somewhere now
Somewhere now

Somewhere now
Somewhere now
Somewhere now 
Hallelujah I found my soul
Under the sofa pillows
Congratulations I found myself
Somewhere now
Somewhere now
Somewhere now

Song page on GDA: http://www.greendayauthority.com/music/song/756/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving Green Day's new sound. It's the best of the Past 3 Eras with sprinkles of other older stuff here and there. Definitely liked this one.

I love this song, I don't understand why they didn't make just a whole song with this one and Forever Now. I loved both songs :wub:

This song is like a Who and Guns 'n Roses cross presented by Green Day. I agree this could be easily on 21CB. Sounds fresh and different. :)

Really like the melody and verses,  not so much the chorus but it might grow on me.  A good song. The verses reminds me a bit of early Green Day 

This song  has a bit of every GD work, but at the same time sounds completely indipendent from other hits. I think it's pretty clear their "The Who" inspiration, and I really like it.
The chorus are a little weak, I prefer the verses.

5 hours ago, Maid Meringue said:

Sounds like a mix of Ozzy and Boston, I like it! His vocals are Nimrod-esque <3

Yep, every time I listen to it I hear More Than A Feeling, to the point where I'm questioning if it needs a sample credit (I don't know the specifics for this so I may be off)! :lol: 

This song is most certainly inspired by The Who (I think Townsend even helped co-write?) and it sounds incredible! Coincidentally, it also sounds like their cover of A Quick One, which was originally by...yep, The Who! Great way to start the album, I feel :P

1 minute ago, alecandstuff said:

This song is most certainly inspired by The Who (I think Townsend even helped co-write?) and it sounds incredible! Coincidentally, it also sounds like their cover of A Quick One, which was originally by...yep, The Who! Great way to start the album, I feel :P

Pete Townsend did not co-write this song.  I had said in a post of mine that it sounds like Pete Townsend could have co-written it, but he did not.

Awesome song great anthem type song.  Billie said it was a Who type anthem and he wasn't kidding.  It easily could fit right on Quadrophenia 

18 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Pete Townsend did not co-write this song.  I had said in a post of mine that it sounds like Pete Townsend could have co-written it, but he did not.

Awesome song great anthem type song.  Billie said it was a Who type anthem and he wasn't kidding.  It easily could fit right on Quadrophenia 

Well, thanks for clarifying! If anything, that just goes to show how much of an influence you can hear here, as I would have easily believed Townsend had some sort of involvement! :D

First listen through the whole album just complete! This track didn't strike me, but elements are amazing and i know it'll grow :) i love the connection with Forever Now

12 hours ago, Lone said:

Hallelujah I found my soul
Under the sofa pillows
Congratulations I found myself
Somewhere now

I like how this leads into the rest of the album. I picture a guy sort of frustrated with the boredom in his life, trying to find meaning in something in his existence. Then you go into all these tracks that are a mix of social commentary and nostalgia for the good old days, but also a mix of hopefulness for a better life too, with songs like Still Breathing and Forever Now. By the end, he finds that his life is pretty good, even with frustrations and fears—that maybe he doesn't think he's anything special, but what he has in his ordinary world is more than enough. 

This song is great, Green Day at its best. Definitely shows their evolution with a mature sound that inherits from classic rock.

42 minutes ago, Clayish said:

This is the sound Green Day should be focusing on.

This was my most anticipated track and it might be tied with Bang Bang as my favorite.

I can't get over how beautiful the intro of this song is! Well the whole thing but especially that part, such a wonderful start to the album.

Does the repeated "somewhere now" part near the end sound like some other song? I swear it sounds familiar. Either way I really love that part too.

Impossible not to love how Green Day pay a tribute to THe Who but still sounding like Green Day.

Best song on the album for me. 

Is there a particular Who song this sounds like? Does totally have a Who vibe now I've seen it mentioned, but just wondering if there's a specific song by them (or anyone else) that's similar since the "somewhere now" part sounds so familiar to me.

Archived