Still Breathing the "Final" Single?

artfulairbus

Is still breathing the final single of the green day album "revolution radio"? because for some reason, they just unhid all the runtimes for the songs..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume so, since we're getting pretty close to the release, and since Revolution Radio doesn't have a lot of songs to begin with, another single would make a good chunk of the album. Or they might have figured with Bang Bang, Revolution Radio and Still Breathing, they'd showen enough (and the best parts) of the album to interest new fans and returning fans. It's hard to say what they'll do, they've never been predictable. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

I would assume so, since we're getting pretty close to the release, and since Revolution Radio doesn't have a lot of songs to begin with, another single would make a good chunk of the album. Or they might have figured with Bang Bang, Revolution Radio and Still Breathing, they'd showen enough (and the best parts) of the album to interest new fans and returning fans. It's hard to say what they'll do, they've never been predictable. :lol: 

Yeah hearing 4 songs is enough!!!!!! :lol:

My guess is that since the album comes out in 12 days we won't get any more releases before the whole album comes out. That doesn't mean there won't be another song released as a single 

What they've typically done is release 3 singles before each album and then after the album releases they release 2 supporting singles. With the exception of the trilogy.

Think this is the last song we'll receive prior to the album release

30 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Not necessarily the "best" but the songs they think will increase the hype around the album the most, although they probably are the songs the majority of the fan base all like

Well it's definitely the final song release before the album. I'm pretty sure they'll release more singles after the album is out!

Are we even sure Revolution Radio and Still Breathing are officially "singles"? To be honest, I don't know what's considered a single these days as bands just put songs out without any real promotion behind them.

I'm just wondering if radio stations are actually playing either RevRad or Still Breathing?

3 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Are we even sure Revolution Radio and Still Breathing are officially "singles"? To be honest, I don't know what's considered a single these days as bands just put songs out without any real promotion behind them.

I'm just wondering if radio stations are actually playing either RevRad or Still Breathing?

I'm pretty sure I've seen some people saying RevRad has been played. Idk about SB though but that is definetely a single-worthy track and radio friendly

10 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

This.

I only consider "Bang Bang" a true single at this point. "Revolution Radio" and "Still Breathing" are simply promotional releases to garner hype.

Nevermind from Nirvana had like, what, 9 singles? American Idiot alone had 5. Same with Dookie. I can see a couple more of them being released. Ordinary World is being promoted through a movie, so maybe that would count? Or it could just be separate for like a movie standard. But I can see Outlaws, maybe even Youngblood or Say Goodbye becoming singles.

Honestly, other than the 3 songs already released, I don't know what else from this album could be released as a radio single. They're all very odd. Maybe "Too Dumb to Die"

Revolution Radio and Still Breathing aren't singles. They're promotional tracks. Similar to how Troublemaker and Stay The Night were just promotional material for Uno!.

Still Breathing should get a proper single push, however. Song is guaranteed to become a hit.

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

Honestly, other than the 3 songs already released, I don't know what else from this album could be released as a radio single. They're all very odd. Maybe "Too Dumb to Die"

I could genuinely see Troubled Times becoming a single. Also Youngblood, maybe.

That's if they get pushed as actual singles, however.

As weird as it sounds, I hope Bouncing off the wall gets/should have been released as a single. 

19 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Revolution radio (song) is Radio X's record of the week this week.  They're playing it right now.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:43 AM, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Yup, I work at a radio station as of now, they gave us a batch of songs to play 2 days ago, in that pile was 'Knowledge,' by Operation Ivy, 'Revolution Radio,' and 'Still Breathing,' by Green Day (obviously) and 'Fake My Own Death," by Sum 41 for frequent airplay.

19 hours ago, Sigrev2 said:

Revolution Radio and Still Breathing aren't singles. They're promotional tracks. Similar to how Troublemaker and Stay The Night were just promotional material for Uno!.

Still Breathing should get a proper single push, however. Song is guaranteed to become a hit.

I could genuinely see Troubled Times becoming a single. Also Youngblood, maybe.

That's if they get pushed as actual singles, however.

As in the above post, I work at a radio station. I know what tracks are single-worthy and what ones aren't. My bud showed me in the morning that the album leaked. We both took a listen. I think the following tracks are single-worthy:

-Bouncing Off the Wall

-Troubled Times

-Youngblood

-Outlaws cut down to 3 or so minutes.

-Ordinary World

-Too Dumb Too Die

-Somewhere Now

Somewhere now is really growing on me, it would make a cool single cuz I think it would be unexpected. I could see Troubled Times being a single too, and Ordinary World. Too Dumb To Die is one o my favorite songs from the album but for some reason I don't think it'd be a good single

5 hours ago, SubliminaMindFuckAmerica said:

Yup, I work at a radio station as of now, they gave us a batch of songs to play 2 days ago, in that pile was 'Knowledge,' by Operation Ivy, 'Revolution Radio,' and 'Still Breathing,' by Green Day (obviously) and 'Fake My Own Death," by Sum 41 for frequent airplay.

As in the above post, I work at a radio station. I know what tracks are single-worthy and what ones aren't. My bud showed me in the morning that the album leaked. We both took a listen. I think the following tracks are single-worthy:

-Bouncing Off the Wall

-Troubled Times

-Youngblood

-Outlaws cut down to 3 or so minutes.

-Ordinary World

-Too Dumb Too Die

-Somewhere Now

What about Say Goodbye? I think that one is very catchy for the airwaves.

20 hours ago, the69thgumby said:

What about Say Goodbye? I think that one is very catchy for the airwaves.

Say Goodbye was a decent track, but I think it will end up like Letterbomb. A song that gets played live frequently, but isn't a single, but has the love for a single.

So has anyone heard this on their local station (if you actually listen to the radio).  Apparently it was played here in Australia last night with the introduction that it was GD's latest single etc.

By releasing Bang Bang, Revolution Radio, and Still Breathing, Green Day HAVEN'T showed the best songs of the album, BECAUSE you have to listen to full album ( I have listened, and I am entitled to my own opinion :D ) . To those who decided not to listen - be patient. It's an album who will have a special place (I don't like ranking albums, 1039/Smooth is "the last" to me, but still amazing). 

1 minute ago, greendayatx said:

Oridinary World, I assume will be released as well. 

They'd be stupid not to release Youngblood.

They would be insane to release Youngblood.  That song shouldn't even be on the album.   

I agree on Ordinary World.  BOTW is an option for a single.  

Archived