Green day playing iHeart radio theater?

Basmat

Hey! I heard on my local radio station that Green day are playing the iHeart radio theater in LA. But I haven't found any info online. Has anyone heard anything? As far as I know that venue is invite only, but they sometimes open it up to radio contests/ fan club tickets etc. Any info is appreciated! 

Just now, Basmat said:

Hey! I heard on my local radio station that Green day are playing the iHeart radio theater in LA. But I haven't found any info online. Has anyone heard anything? As far as I know that venue is invite only, but they sometimes open it up to radio contests/ fan club tickets etc. Any info is appreciated! 

Someone posted not long after the Twitter thread that they were doing something more with iheart late in September. That's all I've got.

wasn't one of the cancelled shows supposed to be tonight? It'd definitely be a dick move if they played another show instead of the one they cancelled

45 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

wasn't one of the cancelled shows supposed to be tonight? It'd definitely be a dick move if they played another show instead of the one they cancelled

No it's not tonight. They're giving out tickets for it so it's sometime in the future. Not sure of the exact date though. 

On 24/9/2016 at 11:14 PM, Basmat said:

No it's not tonight. They're giving out tickets for it so it's sometime in the future. Not sure of the exact date though. 

Maybe for Christmas Eve or something like that?

Could it be on the day the album launches? I remember an artist doing a show at iheart on their album release date also tickets were not but for sale but were given away.

12 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

Could it be on the day the album launches? I remember an artist doing a show at iheart on their album release date also tickets were but for sale but were given away.

I posted a while back that there could be the chance they perform at the iHeart Radio theater in NYC the day for an album release party , as it is the date before the show at Webster Hall.
I went to one a few months ago and it was great. You applied for tickets up until a few days before the show, and then they notified us the day of via email.

I really hope it happens.

8 hours ago, Paola17 said:

I posted a while back that there could be the chance they perform at the iHeart Radio theater in NYC the day for an album release party , as it is the date before the show at Webster Hall.
I went to one a few months ago and it was great. You applied for tickets up until a few days before the show, and then they notified us the day of via email.

I really hope it happens.

ahh I see. From what I remember from the other artist it was a set of like 6-7 songs along with some Q&A from the audience. Hopefully it's something that we can watch online for those of us that can't get there.

There were around 6-8 songs that were live streamed, and then there were around another 5 that were played off air just for us. Either way, the footage from both sets were put online about a month later or so.

7 hours ago, djrossstar said:

Just heard about this on 987. Is it contest winners only?!

Did they say if it's on the 7th or when? And NYC right? It would be weird for them to go to LA for one night...

• 5 months later...

Archived