Sarcasm

The Gaming Thread

Lauren

i wish we could "turn off" our xbox live when we know we're not gonna use it for a few weeks so the time doesn't run out :(

• Like 2

OneSongInFrench

i wish we could "turn off" our xbox live when we know we're not gonna use it for a few weeks so the time doesn't run out :(

This!

I have both a ps3 and xbox 360, and it's redic. that you have to pay for XBOX even when you don't use it. I truly think it should be (if you have to pay at all) hourly, meaning it logs the hours you are actually in-game rather than just a lump block of time.

kaylubd

I hate that you have to pay for Gold on Xbox in order to use Netflix...a subscription service that you already pay for. It just seems ridiculous especially when you can watch it for free on the Ps3 and the Wii.

Drop Dead Hideous

I think if Microsoft implements the always online thing in their xbox 720.. It would affect it's sales.. It's just me though. Yeah I get it that those who can afford to buy xbox 720 have or can afford an internet subscription but what if the internet is out? I hope I make my point clear here :D I'm not really into a machine that needs an internet in order for me to play my offline games on it :)

Sarcasm

the always DRM thing is stupid as fuck, I hate it when Microsoft tries to be futuristic.

• Like 1

Drop Dead Hideous

They think it'd make more $$$

GreenRanger

Has anyone here ever played Persona 3? I'm thinking about getting it as my "Summer RPG," which was Xenoblade last year...and I'm considering of just jumping in and doing an LP of it.

Comrade

Well I've slipped back into Rome: Total War after a few years away and oh dear it's crushing my ability to get much at all done.

But hey I'm an all-conquering general so who care? Bow before me.

M0n3y

Well I've slipped back into Rome: Total War after a few years away and oh dear it's crushing my ability to get much at all done.

But hey I'm an all-conquering general so who care? Bow before me.

Still the best RTS game ever made. Coutntless hours that I've spend on it :P

Can't wait for RTW 2 :)

• Like 1

Comrade

Still the best RTS game ever made. Coutntless hours that I've spend on it :P

Can't wait for RTW 2 :)

I'm buying a new computer pretty much just to play RTW2. I mean I'm saying it's so I can edit HD video without lag and for design work, but really...I know my true intentions.

• Like 1

Little Girl Little One

tumblr_mlelt9W34k1qzp9weo1_500.jpg

This is the cutest thing ever and oh gosh I really really want it. I need a 3DS for Pokémon anyway so yeah might nab this when it comes out in June. Apparently I'm traveling even more this summer than I'd initially anticipated, so some new games would actually be worth it. And yes Eric, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Fire Emblem. I mean, I need at least one actual adventure game to last me until Pokémon comes out. :P

desecrator09

I'm really hoping Destiny comes out sometime this year but it's probably going to be out next year sometime. I wish I knew more about it though.

GreenRanger

This is the cutest thing ever and oh gosh I really really want it. I need a 3DS for Pokémon anyway so yeah might nab this when it comes out in June. Apparently I'm traveling even more this summer than I'd initially anticipated, so some new games would actually be worth it. And yes Eric, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Fire Emblem. I mean, I need at least one actual adventure game to last me until Pokémon comes out. :P

At this rate, Fire Emblem will last me until Pokémon comes out and I bought it a week after launch. Sure, it's partially because they're going through the free DLC that comes out every other week (until next week of course), but it's equally due to the excitement I get when I Streetpass someone at school and their avatar appears on my map and I want to challenge them and be the coolest and all that.

Also...I thought the Animal Crossing 3DS was a Europe-only thing...

Khris

If you're any kind of fan of Batman these games are a must. I consider Arkham City one of my favorite games ever.

I also consider it one of the greatest action games ever :) As a DC fan, i'm really tempted to get Injustice too...I hope Marvel makes a fighting game of their own as well, strictly Marvel characters though. no MVC. As fun as those games are haha.

• Like 1

Little Girl Little One

At this rate, Fire Emblem will last me until Pokémon comes out and I bought it a week after launch. Sure, it's partially because they're going through the free DLC that comes out every other week (until next week of course), but it's equally due to the excitement I get when I Streetpass someone at school and their avatar appears on my map and I want to challenge them and be the coolest and all that.

Also...I thought the Animal Crossing 3DS was a Europe-only thing...

Yeah, I know I probably won't have finished it, but it's still something to do. When I come to think of it, it's actually pretty rare that I do end up beating a game. I'm getting better with only focusing on one game at a time though.

And nope! Europe gets it on June the 14th and North America gets it on the 9th. :D The XL is freaking huge though, don't know if I'd want to carry that chunk around. And what do they mean by the game being pre-installed? Like it won't have a game card because it's already on the system? I only have up to a DS Lite, so this fancy stuff is all new to me, heh.

kaylubd

The new Animal Crossing has been delayed for so long I don't even care about playing it anymore.

GreenRanger

Yeah, I know I probably won't have finished it, but it's still something to do. When I come to think of it, it's actually pretty rare that I do end up beating a game. I'm getting better with only focusing on one game at a time though.

And nope! Europe gets it on June the 14th and North America gets it on the 9th. :D The XL is freaking huge though, don't know if I'd want to carry that chunk around. And what do they mean by the game being pre-installed? Like it won't have a game card because it's already on the system? I only have up to a DS Lite, so this fancy stuff is all new to me, heh.

Pre-installed means it's been downloaded to the system's memory card...every single 3DS game that's come out is now available for purchase in the eShop without a physical copy, so yeah, it won't be a cartridge. This is why when the shipping errors with Fire Emblem occurred Nintendo could just hand wave it and be like "eh, the eShop is working perfectly." Conspiracy...

But no, I wish I had a 3DSXL...the original 3ds is kind of small and pointy and stuff and it gets all fingerprint-y since it's shiny.

Sarcasm

Guys, new legend of Zelda coming, and it's gonna be in the same world as A Link to the Past, with the overhead view and everything! :D

this + pokemon x/y.. I want a 3ds..

Little Girl Little One

Guys, new legend of Zelda coming, and it's gonna be in the same world as A Link to the Past, with the overhead view and everything! :D

this + pokemon x/y.. I want a 3ds..

I saw about that and omg yes even more reason to get a 3DS. I want to see Link as a pink bunny in 3D! :mad:

Pre-installed means it's been downloaded to the system's memory card...every single 3DS game that's come out is now available for purchase in the eShop without a physical copy, so yeah, it won't be a cartridge. This is why when the shipping errors with Fire Emblem occurred Nintendo could just hand wave it and be like "eh, the eShop is working perfectly." Conspiracy...

But no, I wish I had a 3DSXL...the original 3ds is kind of small and pointy and stuff and it gets all fingerprint-y since it's shiny.

Ooh, ok. I guess there's less chance of losing individual game cartridges that way, though if you lose your whole DS, you're fucked. What happened with Fire Emblem? A bunch of people didn't get their game?

See, I like the idea of a bigger screen and all, except I often use my thumbs instead of my stylus because I'm lazy, but I don't know if my small thumbs will be able to easily reach the centre of the screen like I can with my DS Lite. :P

GreenRanger

I saw about that and omg yes even more reason to get a 3DS. I want to see Link as a pink bunny in 3D! :mad:

Ooh, ok. I guess there's less chance of losing individual game cartridges that way, though if you lose your whole DS, you're fucked. What happened with Fire Emblem? A bunch of people didn't get their game?

See, I like the idea of a bigger screen and all, except I often use my thumbs instead of my stylus because I'm lazy, but I don't know if my small thumbs will be able to easily reach the centre of the screen like I can with my DS Lite. :P

No one really knows. like, it didn't ship on the right day, so no stores had it in stock on launch. Though if you ask The Forgotten here, he got it like a week early, so maybe there was no such issue in Canada.

Oh, there is that, yeah. Honestly though, I haven't even played many games with as much touch screen stuff as the DS. Kid Icarus is the only one, and you'll always be using the stylus in that one anyway, so no switching.

M0n3y

I'm buying a new computer pretty much just to play RTW2. I mean I'm saying it's so I can edit HD video without lag and for design work, but really...I know my true intentions.

You are a true Roman, sir! :D

My PC should be strong enough to run it on high without crisping my GPU. :P

HolyHandGrenade

I also consider it one of the greatest action games ever :) As a DC fan, i'm really tempted to get Injustice too...I hope Marvel makes a fighting game of their own as well, strictly Marvel characters though. no MVC. As fun as those games are haha.

I really hope the third game in the trilogy will be able to live up to the hype and precedent set by Asylum and City. It won't be developed by Rocksteady this time, so I'm a bit nervous

• Like 1

kaylubd

I tried Injustice over the weekend and I really like it. Some of the controls aren't that smooth, but I can deal with it. It's a really good fighter.

Sarcasm

New Xbox is coming.

lXAWS3R.png

HolyHandGrenade

New Xbox is coming.

I'm a proud (and patient :rolleyes:) PlayStation fan, so I'm rooting for the Xbox to face plant. I've always felt attached to PS's hardware and exclusives, but Sony just turns into a laughing stock every gen. It's embarrassing.