Sarcasm

The Gaming Thread

Silent Duck

I loved the first one and hated the second one. Do you think I'd enjoy Infinite? :P

It's made by the guys who made the first one so you should! The start seems to somehow tie in with the start of 1 too. I thought the second game was alright, it didn't have the wow factor the first game had because you'd already been to rapture but the actual gameplay was a huge step up. The Minerva's Den DLC is probably the best piece of dlc ever made too, it's up there anyways.

If anyone has even the slightest interest in games, they should buy Infinite. Forget about that Battlefield 4 wank and get a decent fps game. :P

Sarcasm

It's made by the guys who made the first one so you should! The start seems to somehow tie in with the start of 1 too. I thought the second game was alright, it didn't have the wow factor the first game had because you'd already been to rapture but the actual gameplay was a huge step up. The Minerva's Den DLC is probably the best piece of dlc ever made too, it's up there anyways.

If anyone has even the slightest interest in games, they should buy Infinite. Forget about that Battlefield 4 wank and get a decent fps game. :P

I'll download it for the SP, but as for DLC, I'll stick to CoD ._. I'm simple that way :P

Drop Dead Hideous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuJ2q3uBYI

METAL GEAR SOLID V. Who in the world would not get excited for this?! Metal Gear was our childhood (well my childhood but) !!!!

• Like 2

Trotsky

The start seems to somehow tie in with the start of 1 too.

I like how, when I read an interview with Ken Levine and the interviewer mentioned this, he's like "the opening scene is important to the plot, we don't do 'cute nods'" and I play through most of the game and I think "no, pretty sure that was just a cute nod." Then I get to the end and I'm like "ohhhhhhhhhhhh the lighthouse IS important."

Please for the love of fuck someone else finish this game I am dying to discuss the ending.

I loved the first one and hated the second one. Do you think I'd enjoy Infinite? :P

Infinite goes above and beyond both. In terms of story telling it's a masterpiece, and in terms of combat it's unlike the first or second. Just do it.

Cob

loving the new hitman game \m/

Oh man Absolution is the shit. I absolutely love that game.

METAL GEAR SOLID V. Who in the world would not get excited for this?! Metal Gear was our childhood (well my childhood but) !!!!

I'm excited as hell for this game but I'm so confused by it. Apparently Metal Gear Solid: Rising is also MGS V. So are Rising and Phantom Pain the same game? Or are are they splitting MGS V into two games?

Drop Dead Hideous

Oh man Absolution is the shit. I absolutely love that game.

I'm excited as hell for this game but I'm so confused by it. Apparently Metal Gear Solid: Rising is also MGS V. So are Rising and Phantom Pain the same game? Or are are they splitting MGS V into two games?

No. Rising Revengeance is a spin off. It takes place some years after IV. :) It stars Raiden. I think what you are talking about is ground zeroes and the Phantom Pain. All seems so confusing at the moments since the details are still foggy.

Azthenia

Current games I'm playing are Neverwinter Nights 2, Planescape Torment and Fallout: New Vegas

Bought Xcom Enemy Unknown but it hasn't arrived yet.

At the moment I'm really excited about Project Eternity, Torment, Wasteland 2, Elder Scrolls Online and GTA5.

Cob

No. Rising Revengeance is a spin off. It takes place some years after IV. :) It stars Raiden. I think what you are talking about is ground zeroes and the Phantom Pain. All seems so confusing at the moments since the details are still foggy.

Ah, of course. I meant Ground Zeroes; I got my MGS names confused :lol:

Current games I'm playing are Neverwinter Nights 2, Planescape Torment and Fallout: New Vegas

Bought Xcom Enemy Unknown but it hasn't arrived yet.

At the moment I'm really excited about Project Eternity, Torment, Wasteland 2, Elder Scrolls Online and GTA5.

Fallout: New Vegas is currently sitting unopened on my dresser. I can't wait to open it up once I've finished Far Cry 3. I bought the Ultimate Edition, so I'm going to be playing that game for awhile. :happy:

Sarcasm

For those who didn't know, Dice, or whoever is making the games, has released a video from a beta of some minutes of gameplay from the next Battlefield game, Battlefield 4. I was hoping for Bad Company 3, but whatever.

Looks pretty sweet to my eyes.

M0n3y

For those who didn't know, Dice, or whoever is making the games, has released a video from a beta of some minutes of gameplay from the next Battlefield game, Battlefield 4. I was hoping for Bad Company 3, but whatever.

Looks pretty sweet to my eyes.

My computer is crying.

And so am I :o

Edited by Sarcasm
remove youtube links from quotes please :)

Sarcasm

My computer is crying.

And so am I :o

Looks cool, huh? :D

Drop Dead Hideous

posted it yesterday :cry: kidding :)

M0n3y

Looks cool, huh? :D

Yeah, I really liked BF3 and this one just looks even better :D

I didn't think they could make it look even better :D

Sarcasm

posted it yesterday :cry: kidding :)

ah shit I didn't see it :(

Sorry, I still love you :hug:

Yeah, I really liked BF3 and this one just looks even better :D

I didn't think they could make it look even better :D

tbqh, I don't care about graphics as much as I used to. Right now it's being optimized, and that's cool, but graphics won't ever define a good game to me, it's always been gameplay/control>story/features>graphics/music to me.

M0n3y

ah shit I didn't see it :(

Sorry, I still love you :hug:

tbqh, I don't care about graphics as much as I used to. Right now it's being optimized, and that's cool, but graphics won't ever define a good game to me, it's always been gameplay/control>story/features>graphics/music to me.

Agreed, graphics don't define a good game. BF3 does have the gameplay I fell in love with in previous BF games, and then the awesome graphics are a big plus :)

Hopefully they make a better storyline than BF3, I'm a big SP fanboy :)

ThisIsNotNora

I've discovered a whole new corner of youtube. I'll be continuing watching gameplays from now on.

• Like 1

desecrator09

The fact that BF4 is gonna be on next-gen consoles makes me want to buy a PS4. Not sure yet though it'll depend on how much money I have and how much it's launch cost will be.

• Like 1

Silent Duck

I like how, when I read an interview with Ken Levine and the interviewer mentioned this, he's like "the opening scene is important to the plot, we don't do 'cute nods'" and I play through most of the game and I think "no, pretty sure that was just a cute nod." Then I get to the end and I'm like "ohhhhhhhhhhhh the lighthouse IS important."

Please for the love of fuck someone else finish this game I am dying to discuss the ending.

Infinite goes above and beyond both. In terms of story telling it's a masterpiece, and in terms of combat it's unlike the first or second. Just do it.

Finished it earlier! What a game! They somehow actually outdid the twist from the end of the original game. I'm still scratching my head about a few parts but I'm sure another playthrough or two will clear most of them up. What did you think of the ending?

Seriously if anyone is going to buy a game in the near future make sure it's Bioshock Infinite. Tis a masterpiece!

kaylubd

I've discovered a whole new corner of youtube. I'll be continuing watching gameplays from now on.

Gameplays are strangely addicting. Right now I stick with Pewdiepie and Cry...Cinnamon Toast Ken is good too.

Sarcasm

Finished it earlier! What a game! They somehow actually outdid the twist from the end of the original game. I'm still scratching my head about a few parts but I'm sure another playthrough or two will clear most of them up. What did you think of the ending?

Seriously if anyone is going to buy a game in the near future make sure it's Bioshock Infinite. Tis a masterpiece!

I got kind of sick of it after 30 minutes, but I think I made a mistake by beginning to play on hard mode :(

but the intro was sooo long, and I'm not sure if I can change the difficulty mid-game x)

Silent Duck

I got kind of sick of it after 30 minutes, but I think I made a mistake by beginning to play on hard mode :(

but the intro was sooo long, and I'm not sure if I can change the difficulty mid-game x)

You disgust me

• Like 1

Sarcasm

You disgust me

I like that my computer didn't lag at all with max custom setting, though :P

I'm gonna restart it on Normal, seems more enjoyable that way.

Silent Duck

It's incredibly easy on normal, haven't played it on hard but I can't imagine it's too difficult. You can't die in the game really.

Sarcasm

It's incredibly easy on normal, haven't played it on hard but I can't imagine it's too difficult. You can't die in the game really.

Well, I died about 30 minutes in running away from the racist assholes :(

Silent Duck

Well, I died about 30 minutes in running away from the racist assholes :(

Do you not just respawn straight away in the same spot? You do later on in the game for reasons I won't say. Like in the first Bioshock, where you died but you respawned with everyone still dead that you had already killed.