Sarcasm

The Gaming Thread

Sarcasm

This is the gaming thread. We talk games, shizzle.

- What are some new games you're looking forward to?

- What games have you just played and want to talk about?

- Did reddit downvote your entry and called you n00b?

I just played the new Tomb Raider game, and it was grand. PC delivers great graphics, controls, story, world, shit to do, bits to collect, easter eggs! That game had it all. The only thing I will nag about is that the storyline was shorter than I expected, and the puzzles wasn't hard enough.

Yes, you can talk about the Sims, but there is already a thread in general chat or somewhere else about it, so I'd post there if I were you.

If you want to download games, look no further. PM me if I should dumb it down for you.

• Like 2

OneSongInFrench

I recently picked up an older game, but really fun, Dynasty Warriors 7 for the PS3. While I usually love FPS and RPGs (Fallout series, Halo/Call of Duty) I find the hack/n/slash of Dynasty Warriors so addictive it's not even funny, I've played for like 24 hours if you combine the times in the last few days I've played. Nice change of pace while I'm currently running through the God of War Saga.

Sarcasm

I've only played the first 2 GOW games, they were fun though! I really liked the firs one, while the second one were more "meh". too many big elaborate boss battles and such :P

OneSongInFrench

I agree! This is my first go round, so I'm playing from the Origins games, to like the original (2, 3 and so on). It's fun, but it seems to be very repetitive. I'm finding the writing to be really over the top too, but maybe that's just me being a dick haha

Sarcasm

If a game is gonna have lore, it better be fucking good. The only lore I have any interest for is The Elder Scrolls games. Skyrim have over 800 books, so there is plenty of reading :P

I can't get over how good that game is, good lord..

OneSongInFrench

Oh yeah! I love the Elder Scrolls games. I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Skyrim, and I'm reading all the books ha. I'm a writer on top of gamer, so I am always happy to find talented writing in a game. For instance, a guy I met once, Drew Kapryshyn is a great writer in my opinion. He wrote Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as well as Mass effect 1 & 2 (then he went on to write the Star Wars "Bane series" novels and a couple mass effect books.)

• Like 1

Sarcasm

Mass effect is also a game where the lore didn't interest me as much as the game itself. In those games it was more about finding all the upgrades and weapons. I played all 3 games, but i didn't finish the first or the third. The third one I just lost interest in, and the first was pretty boring. Surprisingly enough the second one I've played several times, it baffles me how little I care about the first one :P I played as paragon then as renegade. The sad thing is that if you play as paragon, your character is plain and boring and a fucking plague to be around. Sickeningly nice. Also I found the male voice actor so lame, I had to play as female. That dub is bloody excellent.

GreenRanger

Awww, the Gaming Thread finally got a 2.0! This makes me feel popular and relevant and everything else!

Looks like we're talking about lore, so I looked to my right to see which of my games had such a thing. I saw Xenoblade Chronicles and looked back at the computer. the world in that game, and its eventual history, is incredibly interesting, and it shows how much context can affect your basic environments...which are beautiful on their own, mind, but when you look up into the sky and see some mammoth arm or wing as nothing but a shadow above you, you realize you're not in Kansas anymore.

ThisIsNotNora

wtf is lore?

Comic Sans

Yesterday, playing at CoD:Black Ops (zombie mode :shifty: ) I reached round 14 on Ascension with the HK21 and the Stakeout.

• Like 1

OneSongInFrench

Yesterday, playing at CoD:Black Ops (zombie mode :shifty: ) I reached round 14 on Ascension with the HK21 and the Stakeout.

that's just insanity...lol

Lauren

I finally finished Portal 2 yesterday!!! :woot: That was seriously probably the best game I ever played.

I think Tony Hawk's Underground beats it, though, but only by a hair.

• Like 2

kaylubd

I am really looking forward to Saints Row 4. It has to be my most favorite game ever. It's just crazy and insane. Whenever I have a shitty day at work, I always put on this game and blow shit up.

• Like 1

LazyPhil

The Walking Dead game is awesome! And last night I played Overkill with my bro, we used the PS3 move controller like guns, that was awesome!

Sarcasm

I like using lmg and executoner in zombies, pap is always essensial :P

Have you tried knife/pistol only? Lot of fun there as well :P

Drop Dead Hideous

Playing torchlight and LOL atm. :) Also revisiting some gems like GTA: SA and Half Life 2.

The Walking Dead game is awesome! And last night I played Overkill with my bro, we used the PS3 move controller like guns, that was awesome!

It's the best point and click out there. The choices are innovative and are life like unlike other point and click where you go "pick up item" "proceed to the next room"

If a game is gonna have lore, it better be fucking good. The only lore I have any interest for is The Elder Scrolls games. Skyrim have over 800 books, so there is plenty of reading :P
I can't get over how good that game is, good lord..

I salute bethesda for having a lore like that. That's like hell mode in development and research.

Lauren

Skyrim should have online two player so Ola can come on my game and tell me wtf I'm supposed to do.

Thisnamehasnoreason

I cannnnt wait for GTA 5 cruzing the streets on san andreas again seams like a dream

I am really looking forward to Saints Row 4. It has to be my most favorite game ever. It's just crazy and insane. Whenever I have a shitty day at work, I always put on this game and blow shit up.

shit saints row 4? link please!

kaylubd

I cannnnt wait for GTA 5 cruzing the streets on san andreas again seams like a dream

shit saints row 4? link please!

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp1Til6FJzk

It comes out in August, but that's way too long to wait if you ask me :P

Lauren

It doesn't come out until August? Wasn't it supposed to come out last November? :lol:

I used to babysit for a woman who worked for Rockstar. I got Max Payne 3 for free :woot:

Firecracker Lell

Can't wait for Assassin's Creed: Black flag!

I've always loved that game :happy:

I finished " brotherhood " in less than a week :sherlock:

• Like 1

kaylubd

It doesn't come out until August? Wasn't it supposed to come out last November? :lol:

I used to babysit for a woman who worked for Rockstar. I got Max Payne 3 for free :woot:

Well it began as an expansion for Saint's Row 3 and it was supposed to come out fall of last year. Then they decided to scrap that idea and turn it into Saints Row 4.

Lauren

Well it began as an expansion for Saint's Row 3 and it was supposed to come out fall of last year. Then they decided to scrap that idea and turn it into Saints Row 4.

oops, sorry, I read that wrong. I thought you were still talking about GTA V. :lol:

(which I see is still not out apparently, and again, I thought that was supposed to be out last November)

kaylubd

oops, sorry, I read that wrong. I thought you were still talking about GTA V. :lol:

(which I see is still not out apparently, and again, I thought that was supposed to be out last November)

Oh :lol: Yeah I have no idea for gta V....but I thought they release a date for it....who knows with Rockstar

• Like 1

Lauren

I thought it was hilarious because with Max Payne 3 (last April/May), she was telling me "I'm going crazy because my boss is going crazy and I have to work late because we need to finish this game". and I'm like "Max Payne 3? Doesn't that come out in like... three weeks?" and she's like "yeah, exactly" :lol: