Battle of the singles

Steven Seagull

Your favorite song?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bang Bang for sure. The energy in that one sold me and it's something that was disappointingly missing in the tracks to follow.

I will go with the one who will most likely lose this battle! :P All three have been great so far and sound different from eachother which I like. I am glad its not going to be an album that sounds the same from beginning to end!

Still Breathing, STill Breathing, Still Breathing, STill Breathing and Still Breathing.  Did I say I like Still Breathing. 

Bang Bang is the only actual single at this point, right?    

But yeah, I'd rank them in this order:

Still Breathing

Bang Bang

Revolution Radio

Bang Bang made me hyped for a new album—it's fresh, angry, fast, loud, and has biting commentary. It was what I needed to know that this album was going in the direction I'd hoped.

RevRad made me feel nostalgic—it's a pure Green Day sound that's fun as hell to listen to blasting in the car. It sets the theme for the album beautifully, and resonates with me given the state of the U.S. right now and citizens whose voices are being stifled. 

Still Breathing has totally floored me, though. I've never heard this from them before. The honesty and rawness in Billie's voice is breathtaking. There's passion in this song that just hits me. It's very, very special. 

Honestly, they've all lended themselves in different ways to experiencing and enjoying this new era. Can't pick just one. 

37 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Bang Bang is the only actual single at this point, right?   

RevRad was purely just a song release. Might be the same for this new one, but if it's a single, it might blow up biiig time

After listening to them all again this morning to catch up, I really like them all, but thusfar, Still Breathing is my favorite.

As a kid who likes to think punk is probably the best genre around Bang Bang just steals my heart

7 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Since a new song is out, here's a poll again. :)

Ah damn I thought it would have been a death match thread with Jimmy vs.... maybe you?

I was in denial bout Bang Bang sounding like St. Jimmy just because it was the first new Green Day in 4 years but the more I've heard it, the more I've seen the similarities and it's just blended. I don't get the obsession with the "energy" on the song, it's nothing huge. RevRad is my favourite at the moment, I love the guitars in that minor tone in the second half of a verse. Still Breathing is possibly level with RevRad at the moment, but that could solely be down to it being so fresh. 

1. RevRad
2. Still Breathing
3. Bang Bang

11 hours ago, dolce_amore93 said:

Bang Bang made me hyped for a new album—it's fresh, angry, fast, loud, and has biting commentary. It was what I needed to know that this album was going in the direction I'd hoped.

RevRad made me feel nostalgic—it's a pure Green Day sound that's fun as hell to listen to blasting in the car. It sets the theme for the album beautifully, and resonates with me given the state of the U.S. right now and citizens whose voices are being stifled. 

Still Breathing has totally floored me, though. I've never heard this from them before. The honesty and rawness in Billie's voice is breathtaking. There's passion in this song that just hits me. It's very, very special. 

Honestly, they've all lended themselves in different ways to experiencing and enjoying this new era. Can't pick just one. 

All three stand on their own -- and remind us again how unbelievably fucking versatile these guys are.  I think Bang Bang takes the vote for best overall music, lyrics, structure, rhythm, and production.....but the other two are close seconds.

Just now, Bastard of 1967 said:

All three stand on their own -- and remind us again how unbelievably fucking versatile these guys are.  I think Bang Bang takes the vote for best overall music, lyrics, structure, rhythm, and production.....but the other two are close seconds.

Im glad Bang Bang was the lead single.

My order is:

Still Breathing, Bang Bang, Rev Rad

It's incredibly hard to rank them because they are all so good, but here it goes.

1. Bang Bang

2. RevRad

3. Still Breathing 

I think this is going to become one of my favorite Green Day albums ever! 

Given Bang Bang is still one of the worst songs they've ever written, and Revolution Radio one of the most anonymous, neither take much beating. But Still Breathing is outstanding. Clear winner. 

Currently, it's RevRad, Bang Bang and then Still Breathing. But SB is still growing on me.

19 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

I was in denial bout Bang Bang sounding like St. Jimmy just because it was the first new Green Day in 4 years but the more I've heard it, the more I've seen the similarities and it's just blended. 

I generally don't see similarities other than them both being very fast. HOWEVER, "I've got my photobomb/I've got my Vietnam" is the exact same as "Light of a silhouette/He's insubordinate." EXACT. Which is ok because both are catchy as hell. But. Literally the same. 

54 minutes ago, dolce_amore93 said:

I generally don't see similarities other than them both being very fast. HOWEVER, "I've got my photobomb/I've got my Vietnam" is the exact same as "Light of a silhouette/He's insubordinate." EXACT. Which is ok because both are catchy as hell. But. Literally the same. 

Play St. Jimmy from 1:27

Play Bang Bang from 0:19

You'll hear the similarity there

Archived