Rolling Stone's Track-By-Track Breakdown of RevRad

JardyOfSuburbia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Are you broken/Like I'm broken/Are you restless?/She said, "Fuck you, I'm from Oakland!"

Finally know how that line will fit into the song! I seriously can't wait though, I want to hear Forever Now SO bad.

A lot of this was a rehash of other articles but it's nice to read about it in full, song by song. This got me very excited especially for somewhere now and forever now.

It's so interesting how planned and staged the releasing of information and music is so far. As soon as Still Breathing got out there (not sure how), Rolling Stone published their review.

Sounds pretty awesome, to be honest. I look forward to hearing what it all sounds like.

18 minutes ago, CrimsonArk said:

What does "semi-tossed off" mean in relation to Bouncing Off The Walls? Like it's a throwaway track or something?

yeah, I got the impression that this song is filler. I had that impression over the last few weeks when it was the one song on the album that hasn't been getting talked about, but then when this article said that it was one of the last songs to be added to the album that pretty much confirmed it for me

I'm even more excited for the album after reading it, the songs seem so different but at the same time so related.

"The band sees it as a sequel of sorts to their 1992 track Christie Road"

Oh shit, I wanna hear this...

RIGHT NOW!

Also Too Dumb to Die sounds like something from Dookie. YES, YES, YES!!!

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

"My name is Billie and I'm freaking out" :D 

When I read that line "My name is Billie and" I was like NO WAY! :o

Sadly "you're my son" didn't follow next.

Also, LOL, I was wrong about Somewhere Now and Forever Now not being connected. Kudos to those who did suggest that!

12 minutes ago, Eric said:

I see for Bouncing off the Wall as being labelled as FUN but yet some interpret that as being a throw away song :lol: oh GDC

People are just discussing the info they've been given. Chill.

15 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Also, LOL, I was wrong about Somewhere Now and Forever Now not being connected. Kudos to those who did suggest that!

People are just discussing the info they've been given. Chill.

And I am just discussing responses I have seen so far,so YOU chill.

27 minutes ago, Eric said:

I see for Bouncing off the Wall as being labelled as FUN but yet some interpret that as being a throw away song :lol: oh GDC

"Semi-tossed off".

Kind of missing part of that description there lol

3 minutes ago, CrimsonArk said:

"Semi-tossed off".

Kind of missing part of that description there lol

I see fun also in the description, so I don't see how it should be considered filler.

41 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

My guess for the filler song is Troubled Times. The way Billie talked about it sounds even worse than the silence around BOTW.

Wait, why would you think Troubled Times is the filler song when Rolling Stone literally described Bouncing Off The Walls as filler? Lol

I'm really curious how Somewhere Now and Forever Now will compare to 21CB and American Eulogy. There are a lot of similarities here. Also, I'm slamming my head for not thinking about Christie Road when I first read the description of Outlaws. If there was one nostalgic song about the early days, it's that one.

43 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

My guess for the filler song is Troubled Times. The way Billie talked about it sounds even worse than the silence around BOTW.

It isn't. It was written after the Paris attacks and Billie considered leaving it off the album for non-creative reasons. The Orlando shooting convinced him to put it on the list anyway.

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I see fun also in the description, so I don't see how it should be considered filler.

Because they literally referred to as filler? Plus the fact that it's the only song up until this point that I dont think has even gotten a title drop yet lol

After reading this I'm more and more excited for Rev Rad! I'm gonna be such a mess for this album, I'm sure lol.

Archived