Green Day POSTPONES 3 Tour Days, cancels Toronto show

Lindsay

glad they announced this the night before i'm supposed to be leaving after booking a room and taking four days off work :( 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks. Did they say what they were sick with? Hope they feel better soon! 

:( I just get the horrible feeling that the St. Louis show is going to get rescheduled on a date I can't go. 

Don't give a fuck if it wasn't their show or not, 95% of people would have bought tickets for Toronto just to see them. Not rescheduling or getting refunds is a shit move by the band. Basically saying "not my problem blame the NHL"

That sucks for both Green Day and you guys. So sorry :( 

27 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Last time they were ill, it was a cover. Just saying.

What are you referring to?

Oh this oh this is horrible news, really sorry for everyone concerned, I was excited and I wasn't going to any oh the gigs.  Bet the band must be gutted too.  Guess they are just human 🤒😭

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Don't give a fuck if it wasn't their show or not, 95% of people would have bought tickets for Toronto just to see them. Not rescheduling or getting refunds is a shit move by the band. Basically saying "not my problem blame the NHL"

No, it's saying 'we can't play at an event when it isn't on'.  They haven't ruled out playing at Toronto in future, but it's not possible for them to reschedule the NHL just so they can perform at it another time.

I'm so upset. I just can't seem to find a show to go to as they haven't been to Florida since 2009 and I've tried to fly out to their shows twice now and the first time it was cancelled and now it's been postponed. :-(

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

yes but they literally cannot reschedule the entire event so this can't really just be blamed on them just sayin. i'm guessing the tickets were for the entire event and not just for their gig so this is not on them

Fuck :( they probably won't be able to reschedule with our luck and they'll cancel them outright. Happened already with my Cleveland Trilogy tour, so why not with my other neighboring market, Detroit? 

The only good thing imo is that if the shows do happen, it'll be after thr album is out so I can know the songs. But it really wouldn't surprise me if they decide it's too much hassle to reschedule. 

6 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

No, it's saying 'we can't play at an event when it isn't on'.  They haven't ruled out playing at Toronto in future, but it's not possible for them to reschedule the NHL just so they can perform at it another time.

In said statement would mention something about a reschedule or how they plan on making it up to fans. Not just saying "we are postponing three shows and cancelling Toronto".

Then again, they can't even announce things through their own social media so what can I expect about doing the right thing.

Sure the event is cancelled but do something about it, there's double figures in possible venues they could play at in Toronto

No, not again. I really hope they get better, but I can't not feel worry about this and I hate this feeling! I really hope they're ok and sorry for your shows, guys :( 

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

yes but they literally cannot reschedule the entire event so this can't really just be blamed on them just sayin. i'm guessing the tickets were for the entire event and not just for their gig so this is not on them

Disagree, tickets were for fan areas to get into see the show. It wasn't a week pass it was individual tickets to see the headlining band.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Disagree, tickets were for fan areas to get into see the show. It wasn't a week pass it was individual tickets to see the headlining band.

oh, i see. that sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Justin said:

In said statement would mention something about a reschedule or how they plan on making it up to fans. Not just saying "we are postponing three shows and cancelling Toronto".

Sure the event is cancelled but do something about it, there's double figures in possible venues they could play at in Toronto

How can they make it up to fans at the Toronto thing? The event, I assume, is still going ahead, just without the band. There's no way of knowing who were going for Green Day and who weren't. We don't even know how long they were gonna play for. They might add an extra date in Toronto when they go there next year but it's dumb to suggest they make it up to fans when it wasn't their event. 

Edit: just saw your last post. If the tickets were for Green Day then I dunno why they wouldn't reschedule. Extra Toronto date might well happen then.

2 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

How can they make it up to fans at the Toronto thing? The event, I assume, is still going ahead, just without the band. There's no way of knowing who were going for Green Day and who weren't. We don't even know how long they were gonna play for. They might add an extra date in Toronto when they go there next year but it's dumb to suggest they make it up to fans when it wasn't their event. 

You could buy tickets for Green Day only apparently, look: http://www.stubhub.com/green-day-tickets-green-day-toronto-scotiabank-wcoh-fan-village-9-23-2016/event/9661410/?sort=price+asc

40 minutes ago, It's Splash Time said:

My guess is it's the same thing as this: 

So it's the whole family?! I wonder if is flu or what? 

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

You don't know enough about the event then... I'll reiterate. Tickets were bought to get access to the arena to see the band. Not just getting into the place. Everyone who bought tickets, bought tickets to see Green Day.  The schedule was also posted that they would play for 2:30minutes. 

So yes they could build plans into ensuring fans aren't left out of pocket and no it's not dumb to suggest that they should.

21 minutes ago, xLumian said:

Not getting any refund for my flight :(

Have they announced the new dates yet?

You should be able to reschedule the flight to a different date however not knowing what date may be an issue 

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

Oh.. that's a bit weird then! But I guess the point still stands that they can't reschedule an event that is still going ahead without them (which I assume it is!)

1 minute ago, Andres said:

Sent an email to their manager just so we can confirm and told them people were waiting for something official on their site. 

You're a good man Andres

yeah, for the toronto date you pay to get into the area for the concert. the whole world cup fan village is free, it was just GD you needed a ticket for. 

Archived