Green Day POSTPONES 3 Tour Days, cancels Toronto show

Lindsay

Per Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/green-day-announce-north-american-european-tour-dates-w438066

Green Day have postponed three of the first four gigs of their upcoming tour - and canceled their September 23rd gig in Toronto - due to an illness that's struck several members of the band and crew. "We're so sad to announce we have to postpone three shows and cancel Toronto," the band said in a statement. "Many of us have been battling this infection for days on end to be ready, and it just got the best of us." Tickets to Green Day's shows in St. Louis, Chicago and Detroit will be honored at the make-up dates.

Sorry to everyone attending these :( 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really sucks, gutted for those of you who were so excited about the early shows.  Get well soon Green Day!

Oh gosh. This fucking malediction again. I'm sorry for all you guys, I've been in your situation 4 and 6 years ago, I know how frustrating it is. I hope they will recover soon :( 

Oh dear :( This sucks so much... I'm so sorry for all of you who were meant to be going and hope they all recover very soon.  

Aww poo. I was just getting excited for the show too. But everyone I know has been sick so there's something going around. Hope everyone gets better soon and hope we get some rescheduled dates soon!

That really sucks for those who are going. I wonder why they can't make up the toronto show? At least those who got the tickets are still confirmed to see them for the other shows

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

That really sucks for those who are going. I wonder why they can't make up the toronto show? At least those who got the tickets are still confirmed to see them for the other shows

They were playing at some sports game weren't they? Not sure they could reschedule that. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Probably because it was part of the World Cup of Hockey.

this sucks but I hope that everyone can back to 100% soon

probably sth like a stomach bug/gastroenteritis ..

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

My guess is because it was for the World Cup of Hockey, and since the festivities for that end soon it would be damn near impossible to work around it. They totally owe T.O. a decent sized show after thiis tho, biggest disappointment of the week  =/

2 minutes ago, J a c said:

Probably because it was part of the World Cup of Hockey.

2 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

They were playing at some sports game weren't they? Not sure they could reschedule that. 

Oh I thought they meant a literal gig like the first post said, not just a quick performance. I forgot they're doing the hockey thing

I'm sure the guys are gutted. I'm gutted for them, and of course anyone who was going to the gigs. Hope you all don't have to wait too long for the rescheduled shows!

Just tried to cancel my airbnb and we got fucked with the refund and are only getting 50% of our money back, less fees. Just fucking great. :dry:

Archived