The Official Music Video for "Bang Bang" is here!

Travis.

I really liked the video.

Only regret : the band doesn't have enough space to do some cool moves. Like jumps and stuff that Billie Joe and MIke like to do.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I would've liked to see that, done right a really dark take on it could've worked. But the song itself (although dealing with very dark subject matter) doesn't present it in a super dark/graphic/brutal way either, it's more satirical, so I think this video fits.

Sia just released an incredible video about the Orlando shooting victims. It was fantastically done. Not anything Green Day would ever do in a million years, but she definitely set an example of how to do it right. 

Hm the most important is the music, and the song kicks ass. I know Green day wont be mainstream and popular any more so I dont care about music videos. Btw the video sucks so bad, the only good part is seeing Billie in a good shape and not aging. Green day is all about music and live. So im waiting for 20th

THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME. Back to GD old school roots. Also, why must they release this stuff when I'm at work and have to focus on projects!! Ahh!!!

3 minutes ago, dolce_amore93 said:

Sia just released an incredible video about the Orlando shooting victims. It was fantastically done. Not anything Green Day would ever do in a million years, but she definitely set an example of how to do it right. 

Yeah I really like that video. It sends a great message. I don't really get it how bank robbers and partying reflect the story about a mass shooter.

15 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Yeah, does anyone know why they're doing it like that?

it gets them trending on FB, thus making them the talk of the town. it's not a bad type of advertisement at all.

I really liked the video. I generally hate Tim's directing style, but he had some really good shots and angles. some of the robbery stuff reminded me of The Town, which was amazing directing. I love how he put himself in a couple shot, too. I half expected the robbers to be jason jason and jeff

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

Yeah I really like that video. It sends a great message. I don't really get it how bank robbers and partying reflect the story about a mass shooter.

I think the focus was more on the other aspect of the song, which is the commentary of how society turns criminals into rockstars by giving them so much publicity, and that in turn sparks similar violent acts. It's not a direct interpretation (obviously), but it is definitely linked to it.

10 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

btw i love how the mask stayed true to Mike's fabulous eyebrows :D 

Mike's mask is by far the best.  

Just now, Jake69 said:

Billie's is the worst imo 

Billie's mask looks like a transvestite hooker.

The masks are the stars of the video, just the right balance of realistic and a bit off to be really creepy. A million times better than those dodgy balloons in the Minority video :P 

9 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

yeah just watched it. Its awesome. No wonder it got 37 million views in 6 days, and no wonder that bang bang video wont get even 5 millions in a month

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

Is that the same bank they used for Pierce the Veil's 'King for a day' video?  Or do all banks look the same in America?

It's a "Point Break" homage. Probably the most famous heist in American film

1 minute ago, Asik said:

yeah just watched it. Its awesome. No wonder it got 37 million views in 6 days, and no wonder that bang bang video wont get even 5 millions in a month

I didn't know you could predict the future.

3 minutes ago, Asik said:

yeah just watched it. Its awesome. No wonder it got 37 million views in 6 days

yeah great, exploiting and capitalizing the tragedy and the victims. or i'm uninformed and the revenues are donated to the victims families/anti gun lobby, then i'll take it back.

Anybody know the name of the blonde robber girl? I think I'm in love, I need to find more videos/pictures of her :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Asik said:

It is really good, but the reason it got that many views is mostly because of who the artist is rather than the quality (all her videos get tons of views, and most people viewing it are doing so for the first time, before they actually know how good it is). Green Day wouldn't get the same number of views as these super super popular current artists in the pop genre however good their video was.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It is really good, but the reason it got that many views is mostly because of who the artist is rather than the quality (all her videos get tons of views, and most people viewing it are doing so for the first time, before they actually know how good it is).

Yes thats too. But also people like it and share, whereas people watch Green day new videos and just like it.

I think it's ok (and better than Oh Love so hurrah). 

They/Tim chose to not make a serious video for a serious song. They had done exactly that for Holiday...

It's ok. I don't really care about Music Videos. If it's good, then that's great! But even the "meh" videos don't bother me because I'm there just for the music

People tend to dislike the Oh Love video but I actually really like it, although the women are unnecessary. Without the women, I'd say a lot of people would like that video. I like the venue, it's a cool place to see the band play

Well, I quite liked it, and I'm not really a fan of their recent music videos. Broadly speaking, the song is about gun crime, so a bank robbery works.

The blonde robber looks SO FAMILIAR it's killing me I can't think of her name...

Overall I think it's a good, safe video. I actually don't love that many GD music videos, but this one I enjoyed. I wouldn't be surprised if they tied the ending/context to a video for RevRad.

2 minutes ago, lucky_stars said:

The blonde robber looks SO FAMILIAR it's killing me I can't think of her name...

She reminds me of Elizabeth Olsen a bit :D 

Archived