It's Splash Time

Camping Out For Shows

Mary Daze

I'm excited to hang out in line before the shows but I'm anxious that there will be trouble with many many line cutters =/ I'm not good at telling people it's not okay what they're doing! 

• Like 1

Beathe.

At times it doesn't matter what you say. Some people are just assholes. With so many shows, it should work out for some at least. :P

• Like 1

PursuitOfEpicness

I was really planning on camping out myself but after seeing these stories and with the VIP packages with early entry i feel like it's no use. But then i'm trying to see how early i should get there. 

Wretched & Divine

Trying this again in the correct thread might do some good :confused:

Based on the assumption a second show will be announced, I'm going to be camping out in Sydney at least one night (returning right back to line up again for the second night after the first show) and the venue is at Olympic Park which means accommodation doesn't exactly exist. At least not cheaply, anyway, so I'm not going to be able to go and drop my stuff in a room during the show and zip back to get it afterwards. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with it? Do you guys think it's generally a good idea to just leave it outside the venue and hope for the best? I'm just talking about a yoga mat, camping chair, and sleeping bag, and maybe a couple extra layers of clothes since it's going to be late autumn. I've never done this before and need some advice.

Backyard Skulls
6 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

Based on the assumption a second show will be announced, I'm going to be camping out in Sydney at least one night (returning right back to line up again for the second night after the first show) and the venue is at Olympic Park which means accommodation doesn't exactly exist. At least not cheaply, anyway, so I'm not going to be able to go and drop my stuff in a room during the show and zip back to get it afterwards. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with it? Do you guys think it's generally a good idea to just leave it outside the venue and hope for the best? I'm just talking about a yoga mat, camping chair, and sleeping bag, and maybe a couple extra layers of clothes since it's going to be late autumn. I've never done this before and need some advice.

I've never camped at a show but I guess you could try get a cheap suitcase and fire everything in when you're done and pick it up after the first night? 

Maybe ask the venue first and then try hotels or any nearby bus/train stations. That would probably look less dodgy than handing in a pile of camping stuff I guess :lol: 

• Like 1

belinda jane
On 11/10/2016 at 6:04 AM, Wretched & Divine said:

get it cloaked at the venue.

BWitches

Any ideas on lining up at PALLADIUM today.  ? ???   

On 9/8/2016 at 0:16 PM, M1KEY said:

Hey gang, I got tickets to this show, may be traveling to LA by myself for this, either way it would be great to meet up with other people fro, here who are going. :ga:

I will be there early to get the party started 

respond to me ar Bwitches 

Mary Daze

@sara_gd how was camping out for you? What did you bring with you? Where did you put your stuff? Was it cold? How did you pass the time?

sorry for asking so much :lol: 

sara_gd
On 18/10/2016 at 10:37 AM, Mary Daze said:

@sara_gd how was camping out for you? What did you bring with you? Where did you put your stuff? Was it cold? How did you pass the time?

sorry for asking so much :lol: 

Hi! I just got home and I'm going to write an elaborate detailed post about how my camping went. I got to know what was important for me and I fucking mastered the plan by the end of the tour! :lol::lol::lol: Of course this works for me and maybe won't work for someone else, but it can give you ideas. It basically has to do with having a proper balance of hydration and temperature, not having to pee, getting enough sleep and getting inside the venue fast. I will reply when I write the accurate review :P 

• Like 4

Strychnine.
On 10/9/2016 at 9:58 AM, Mary Daze said:

I'm excited to hang out in line before the shows but I'm anxious that there will be trouble with many many line cutters =/ I'm not good at telling people it's not okay what they're doing! 

Get to the venue early, you can always use that to your advantage. If someone tries to get in front of you just start a fuss, I did that at the Palladium and managed to get me and a friend in front of a group that was letting a TON of people cut and got a line cutter sent back a few people. 

My main concern for the upcoming shows is how early to start lining up. I know the two times I saw Green Day I wasn't as early as I wanted to be, but those were both for club shows. How early do people tend to line up for Arena shows? 

• Like 1

solongfromthestars
13 hours ago, Armstr0ng. said:

If someone tries to get in front of you just start a fuss, I did that at the Palladium and managed to get me and a friend in front of a group that was letting a TON of people cut and got a line cutter sent back a few people. 

My main concern for the upcoming shows is how early to start lining up. I know the two times I saw Green Day I wasn't as early as I wanted to be, but those were both for club shows. How early do people tend to line up for Arena shows? 

It'd actually be really fair if people who are holding spots let the people directly behind them in front. Not that it'll ever happen but it's a nice idea :P

In my experience you don't need to camp for arena shows in the US. I got to one of the 2013 ones at 10:30am and got a great spot in front of Jason (could have been in front of Mike but I panicked haha) without shoving or anything. Things might have changed of course but it was never necessary in the past. If you're worried, I'd recommend staying as close to the venue as possible and checking the line regularly.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
22 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

In my experience you don't need to camp for arena shows in the US. I got to one of the 2013 ones at 10:30am and got a great spot in front of Jason (could have been in front of Mike but I panicked haha) without shoving or anything. Things might have changed of course but it was never necessary in the past. If you're worried, I'd recommend staying as close to the venue as possible and checking the line regularly.

Honestly who knows if any of that matters now because of the VIP bullshit. I'm not even anticipating getting barrier in Pittsburgh no matter what time I show up because they're going to fill it with the $5 footlong club. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

solongfromthestars
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Honestly who knows if any of that matters now because of the VIP bullshit. I'm not even anticipating getting barrier in Pittsburgh no matter what time I show up because they're going to fill it with the $5 footlong club. :rolleyes: 

Oh man I'd temporarily forgotten about that. So I guess the answer is that nobody knows because each venue will probably do the VIP shit differently. Sigh...

drumstick

Do we know how many vip tickets were released? Could it be that number varies depending on the size of the venue?

solongfromthestars
Just now, drumstick said:

Do we know how many vip tickets were released? Could it be that number varies depending on the size of the venue?

Could be. The only venue that responded was State Farm Center in Champaign who said there are 100, but some of the others are a lot smaller so maybe there are less. I hope so anyway :ermm: 

Khaleesi.

I really don't think 100 VIPs will fill up a barrier at an arena show with a catwalk. The club shows, with a small stage and no catwalk, took ~50 people on the barrier, so...

• Like 1

drumstick
6 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

Could be. The only venue that responded was State Farm Center in Champaign who said there are 100, but some of the others are a lot smaller so maybe there are less. I hope so anyway :ermm: 

Oh wow that's the entire front row for sure..but then again, maybe some of them picked seats instead of pit (even though I can't imagine someone paying that much to be seated)

Teenage Lush

some of the VIP tickets were for ~premium seats or whatever too, right? so all 100 of them probably won't be trying for the barrier. i still think it sucks though :P 

• Like 1

drumstick
1 minute ago, Khaleesi. said:

I really don't think 100 VIPs will fill up a barrier at an arena show with a catwalk. The club shows, with a small stage and no catwalk, took ~50 people on the barrier, so...

Ohh I completely forgot there will be a catwalk.. that should be better

PursuitOfEpicness

Really hope I get to see I know there might be multiple entrances in pittsburgh and then with the VIP thing, super nervous!

Khaleesi.
Just now, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

I know there might be multiple entrances in pittsburgh

Really?

AlissaGoesRAWR

I thought Pittsburgh said they released 400 VIP tickets? (Some seats, but still, that's a lot...)

Khaleesi.
2 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I thought Pittsburgh said they released 400 VIP tickets? (Some seats, but still, that's a lot...)

WHAT, where did you see that? Are you confusing that with the price of them? :P

Rumpelstiltskin2000

It isn't VIP in Europe but the venues have sold 500 early entry tickets!