Revolution Radio Lyric Video

Fuzz

I love it! The song: both vocals and instrumental parts reminded me of American idiot+21Cb with a tiny Nimrod sparkle. The video is cool. Don't know if they're gonna make an actual videoclip for this one but it's cooler than thr average lyrics vid.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep falling more in love with this song. The lyric videos have been really cool, and it's nice to have clarification on a few lines. 

The sound definitely has a bit of Murder City in it (especially the drums in the intro). The second half of the bridge sounds SO much like something else (something off AI maybe?) and I can't put my finger on it.

19 minutes ago, Psycho Shop said:

I love the not even remotely subtle nod to 21CB at the end of the video :P

Not only at the end, when looking at the characters throughout the video, I get very much a Christian and Gloria vibe.

The Artwork in the Lyric video is simply amazing.

Spoiler

LhX5G6y.jpg

Bk2TprQ.jpg

csxx3P6.jpg

KhZ7MUS.jpg

zVmY5XV.jpg

XftJvY7.jpg

GD makes the best Lyric videos i've seen in the last years.

We are getting quality videos and this is not even the official Music video.
The official videos for Bang Bang & RR will be great. 

This lyric video has the 'all seeing eye' at the 2:35 mark and at other times in the vid.  I can't believe the Illuminati got to them.  We MUST save them.  I'll bring a megaphone to their concert and in between songs, I, Tresexy101 will try to bring them back.  You're welcome. 

1 hour ago, rockmanx37 said:

The Artwork in the Lyric video is simply amazing.

Reveal hidden contents

LhX5G6y.jpg

csxx3P6.jpg

zVmY5XV.jpg

XftJvY7.jpg

GD makes the best Lyric videos i've seen in the last years.

We are getting quality videos and this is not even the official Music video.
The official videos for Bang Bang & RR will be great. 

100% agree. The lyrics video for RR is a music video in itself. It reminds me of 21CB in a very good way

Some people might find it weak but I really like the line/phrase "debutantes in surgery" for some reason....

11 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Some people might find it weak but I really like the line/phrase "debutantes in surgery" for some reason....

I think its one of the best lines in teh song

8 hours ago, tresexy101 said:

This lyric video has the 'all seeing eye' at the 2:35 mark and at other times in the vid.  I can't believe the Illuminati got to them.  We MUST save them.  I'll bring a megaphone to their concert and in between songs, I, Tresexy101 will try to bring them back.  You're welcome. 

Which show(s) are you attending because I will call out of work, forget all finicial responsibilities, make sure a friend is feeding my cat, and drive 90 million miles to experience that. I'm a little stoned and have the giggles. 

I love the lyric video! The 21st vibe is cool. It's kind of like it's saying, "calling Christian and Gloria!" yes? Wakey wakey 'merica. I'm really interested in the way they're referencing their past works visually. Now I'm ready for the real Bang Bang video. 

My favorite line in the song has got to be 'And the headline: my loves bullet proof.' I think this is a great contrast song to BB lyrically, spirit wise, musically. I'm pretty pumped for this album. 

In case people haven't noticed, the video is now also on YouTube (and has been for a while): 

21 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

In case people haven't noticed, the video is now also on YouTube (and has been for a while): 

Was just going to come in here to say this haha!

On 09/09/2016 at 6:19 AM, Andres said:

Is anyone else crazy enough to pause every frame to read background articles in the video?

"Buy a copy" statement is the funnies one to me. I'm not sure if it's meant to be sarcastic, or is it trying to be a serious subliminal message. I'm leaning towards sarcastic.

There's also many other well thought through details. The word nuns with either cross or nun(t)s is a great idea as well.

• 1 month later...

Green Day - Revolution Radio 

Official Lyric Video - Made at Podenco Studio

This one was crazy. For real.

I was on my summer holidays when the great Antoni Sendra (Podenco Studio)
called me to tell me that Warner Bros aproached him interested in doing a music video with his
signature style for.... Green Day. Rad!

The only "issue" was that there was a modest budget and to make things worse; very very little time.
We literally had one week to do the whole thing. Design (by Antoni), animation and compositing for a
3 minute motion graphics video. To be honest, I´m very proud of the result.

We always had in mind the stunning work that Ariel Costa (Blinkmybrain) made for the band just a few
weeks earlier so the bar was high. Antoni came up with a typical punk fanzine kind of design. He did a
cool shoot on the go and with that we had all the ingredients to make it happen!

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks to Antoni for trusting in me to do my own thing and Warner Bros Records
and of course the band itself :)

Direction, design and some of the animation: Antoni Sendra (Podenco studio)
My role: Animation and compositing

Producer: Devin Sarno 
Typographic Consultant: Pablo Bosch
Boy: Edu Seligra
Girl: Jara Barrachina 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/42627683/Green-Day-Revolution-Radio-(Official-Lyric-Video)

Archived