Revolution Radio Tour production

Joe K

I like the drunk bunny :P I feel like it wouldn't be a Green Day show without him. 

And I wish they'd play Do You Remember Rock'n'Roll Radio? before coming on stage again, I still get the feeling of butterflies in my stomach every time I hear it :wub: It's perfect.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also love the drunk bunny!! These are just the 2-3 minutes when it finally really hits me that i am seeing GD. :woot:

I'm actually ok with the drunk bunny too cause it's kind of a tradition now tbh, but a new intro for the actual show needs to happen.

I can see why people who have been to numerous GD shows don't like seeing the same things over and over- but there seems to be a lot of fans here, myself included, who are about to see their 1st GD gig this year. Also, with a band like GD a lot of new fans come on board all the time.

I guess we'll have to wait and what's new this year. Perhaps they might come onto the stage in those masks?!

1 minute ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I can see why people who have been to numerous GD shows don't like seeing the same things over and over- but there seems to be a lot of fans here, myself included, who are about to see their 1st GD gig this year. Also, with a band like GD a lot of new fans come on board all the time.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they do something new this year. Perhaps they might come onto the stage in those masks?!

Yeah I get what you mean, but every big band does something new on a new tour, whether they have a lot of fans or not. But you're right, we have to wait and see.

A guy who apparently has worked for adeline records commented on Green Day Authoritys facebook post about the setup photo, that the setup is not complete. Don't know if this means anything but I sure hope so! :D 

He just said that there is an catwalk.

But then again this guy could have no connections at all so we'll not know before the show.

24 minutes ago, Joe K said:

A guy who apparently has worked for adeline records commented on Green Day Authoritys facebook post about the setup photo, that the setup is not complete. Don't know if this means anything but I sure hope so! :D 

He just said that there is an catwalk.

But then again this guy could have no connections at all so we'll not know before the show.

Ahh this is great news, gives me more hope :D But like you said, it's no confirmation, we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, Marki. said:

Ahh this is great news, gives me more hope :D But like you said, it's no confirmation, we'll have to wait and see.

Actually he now said that there's an 5 meter catwalk.

I'm actually pretty convinced now! I mean he even gave me measurements!

8 minutes ago, Joe K said:

I'm actually pretty convinced now! I mean he even gave me measurements!

if you believe every measurement you're given on the internet you're gunna have a lot of surprises if you try online dating.

1 minute ago, Moriarty said:

if you believe every measurement you're given on the internet you're gunna have a lot of surprises if you try online dating.

Lol :D 

18 minutes ago, Marki. said:

The show isn't for a couple days too so the possibility of them already being done setting up for it seems really unlikely

20 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Holy fuckballs:runaround:My little dream will come true! 

5 whole metres. That should get everybody at the front something to reach to. They should have staircases and shit on stage that Billie and Mike can run around throughout the show like AC/DC and other big bands have. I'm fine with it being totally about the music though, that's why I am going. As I type this Longview just came on the radio, killer!! Ohman, the shitty edited version, why even put this shit on the radio with edits on the best parts. So wrong.

Oh my god and I thought there was no hope for a catwalk to happen anymore! Exciting :runaround: 

6 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Oh my god and I thought there was no hope for a catwalk to happen anymore! Exciting :runaround: 

Yeah, I'm hoping for a catwalk too, with some pyro and Pink Bunny. I think the props and use of effects must match the intimacy and size of the venue they are playing in. Arenas and stadia really do deserve some of that stuff, whilst the bells and whistles at club shows are preferably kept to a minimum. 

4 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Yeah, I'm hoping for a catwalk too, with some pyro and Pink Bunny. I think the props and use of effects must match the intimacy and size of the venue they are playing in. Arenas and stadia really do deserve some of that stuff, whilst the bells and whistles at club shows are preferably kept to a minimum. 

Yeah absolutely true! It has to be the perfect match. I once saw Behemoth in a tiny venue and they had huge screens, pyro (fireworks, flamethrowers, co2 canons and confetti machines) and it was just WAY TOO MUCH for that small indoor venue :lol: it looked ridiculous! For smaller shows less is good and for bigger shows: bring on some extras, they don't have to be expensive or over the top but some screens and some bang bang would be nice :) 

1 minute ago, Mary Daze said:

Yeah absolutely true! It has to be the perfect match. I once saw Behemoth in a tiny venue and they had huge screens, pyro (fireworks, flamethrowers, co2 canons and confetti machines) and it was just WAY TOO MUCH for that small indoor venue :lol: it looked ridiculous! For smaller shows less is good and for bigger shows: bring on some extras, they don't have to be expensive or over the top but some screens and some bang bang would be nice :) 

Oh, I'd love a smoke cannon or something of the sort. Anything Tré can mess with ;)

1 hour ago, Joe K said:

LOVE TO SEE IT 

10 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Oh, I'd love a smoke cannon or something of the sort. Anything Tré can mess with ;)

They will have smoke/ haze 100% because of the lighting :) the co2 canons are something else though, but they'll probably have it, those aren't too expensive. Fireworks are the only very expensive thing, and since it's an arena tour they won't have too much of that either way. I loved the confetti machines and flamethrowers of past tours though :wub: let's see what they'll have. But screens (onstage not just next to it) and a catwalk would make me super happy already! :woot: 

Especially since a catwalk is not just nice for looking at Billie running up and down on it but also it separates the crowd and decreases shoving around.

10 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

They will have smoke/ haze 100% because of the lighting :) the co2 canons are something else though, but they'll probably have it, those aren't too expensive. Fireworks are the only very expensive thing, and since it's an arena tour they won't have too much of that either way. I loved the confetti machines and flamethrowers of past tours though :wub: let's see what they'll have. But screens (onstage not just next to it) and a catwalk would make me super happy already! :woot: 

Especially since a catwalk is not just nice for looking at Billie running up and down on it but also it separates the crowd and decreases shoving around.

Well I think the screens are out of question By looking at the picture tbh. There's one thing that crossed my mind though, what if this setup for the first show is just an alternative option for smaller stages like they had on the 21cb tour for some festivals in europe and for the south american shows? It could be possible.

2 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Well I think the screens are out of question looking at the picture tbh. There's one thing that crossed my mind though, what if this setup we have seen and will be for the first show is just an alternative option for smaller stages like they had on the 21cb tour for some festivals in europe and for the south american shows? It could be possible.

The only real change back then was the lack of LCD screens behind the stage and the missing catwalk. 

Just now, Tomcat20 said:

The only real change back then was the lack of LCD screens behind the stage and the missing catwalk. 

What you mean by "only" :D It was a big change.

I meant a setup like this.

29 minutes ago, Joe K said:

What you mean by "only" :D It was a big change.

I meant a setup like this.

Which was a festival performance during the 21st CB Summer tour. That setup was pretty close to the one they used in South America. It got stripped down due to high costs for transportation, etc. The entire tour was a loss in money for the band.

On the latest picture which was taken yesterday I am able to see confetti canons. Pretty sure they're about to return.

Archived