Revolution Radio Tour production

Joe K

What kind of production are you guys expecting or wanting the tour to have? Do you want the guys to go big and have all those video screens and pyro or do you want a more "band based" setup like in the trilogy tour?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer simple style over too much prop but not having screens on huge shows kind of sucks for less fortunate people standing in the back.

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I prefer simple style over too much prop but not having screens on huge shows kind of sucks for less fortunate people standing in the back.

yeah I agree. maybe they could go somewhere between 21ct centurybreakdown and trilogy production. Have screens and a little pyro but nothing too unnecessary. Anyways I hope that there isn't a catwalk.

Just now, Joe K said:

yeah I agree. maybe they could go somewhere between 21ct centurybreakdown and trilogy production. Have screens and a little pyro but nothing too unnecessary. Anyways I hope that there isn't a catwalk.

I probably wouldn't mind a catwalk, otherwise I agree. A more stripped-down version of the 21CB setup would be very nice.

I want them to jump out of a giant radio at the start of each show.

In all honesty, I don't really care. I just want to see my favorite band back on the road.

37 minutes ago, Joe K said:

A catwalk isn't always practical is smaller venues. During big open air festival performances, sure, but I'm not convinced of its added value in a more intimate arena show. I agree that a couple of screens at each side and a little pyro plus some artwork (I loved the AI and 21CB tour artwork) in the background will do the trick.

My favorite production was the 2009-2010 tour.  I loved the backdrop and everything.  I'd be happy with anything, though.  As long as I'm seeing Green Day on the stage, nothing else really matters.

I enjoyed the 21stCB tour and the trilogy tour productions !

the tickets are very expensive, so I expect them to do some proper video screens and all that stuff

but revrad will be "back-to-basics" like .. so just a simple show would fit better imo

I thought the nimrod tour was awesome, it was my first time seeing them, nothing fancy but still good crowd interaction, I miss seeing them as a stripped down power trio.

I would like to see Tre start lighting his drums on fire again though

9 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I thought the nimrod tour was awesome, it was my first time seeing them, nothing fancy but still good crowd interaction, I miss seeing them as a stripped down power trio.

I would like to see Tre start lighting his drums on fire again though

that must have been awesome. 

3 hours ago, iScottie said:

I want them to jump out of a giant radio at the start of each show.

In all honesty, I don't really care. I just want to see my favorite band back on the road.

A giant radio that bursts into flames after the guys jump out of it! It burns throughout the whole show.     

1 hour ago, AndrewW91 said:

I was just thinking something like they had at the ROHOF would be awesome. 

Im glad Im not the only one - I loved that.

my favorite thing about the trilogy tour was that the stage production was so simple compared to 21st century breakdown, really hoping they stick to that. it feels a lot more intimate when you don't have flames shooting off in front of your face every two minutes :lol: 

Keep it stripped down, don't need bright screens or fire to be impressed with these dudes. Let their raw talent be the center of attention.

8 hours ago, Todd said:

I heard from a friend that a member of the tour crew flew to LA on friday to begin work for the tour :D 

Oh really? Nice! There's definitely some exciting times ahead of us!

5 hours ago, Psycho Shop said:

I think they should go for a more stripped down production in that they should play naked.

With Tré singing the obligatory Dominated Love Slave and All By Myself.

7 minutes ago, Dakke said:

With Tré singing the obligatory Dominated Love Slave and All By Myself.

And open the show by letting off condom balloons to the beat of "Fuck Time".

Just now, Psycho Shop said:

And open the show by letting off condom balloons to the beat of "Fuck Time".

And Billie using pistols shooting condoms during Bang Bang

I don't have many expectations for the US club shows. You cant exactly have an arena setup in those - usually you can fit a banner and equipment and that's pretty much it.

The arena shows are probably going to be so cool. They need to do the thing with all the TVs in the background again, expect with radios. And then set them all on fire (literally or digitally).

On 9/7/2016 at 2:01 PM, Jane Lannister said:

I think my screens they meant stuff playing behind the band that goes along with the music, large stadiums always have screens on the sides of the stage for people who aren't fortunate enough to have seats near the stage.

Archived