sara_gd

Crazy people going to lots of shows!

Beathe.
8 hours ago, Yaz. said:

So cause i'm doing a lot of shows i'm missing my mums birthday, and she's almost insisted that I take her to a show :lol: not just London or anything, she wants to come to Oslo, so I got her a ticket for that!! I'm so happy I finally get to show her what this is all about.

That is so cool. :D

• Like 1

Yaz.
1 hour ago, Mary711 said:

Such a great idea! Did something similar the last time with Milan. It was on my Mom's birthday and in the morning I gave her the ticket for the Italian show and told her you have to pack your back now, our plane leaves in a few hours and we're gonna see them tonight. That was pretty cool. :) 

Wow that is pretty spontaneous! What was your mum's reaction? I'd never thought my mum would be serious about wanting to see them, but she also loves travelling and sightseeing new places. She said 'as long as noone jumps on my head at the show' :lol:

• Like 2

Mary711
1 hour ago, Yaz. said:

Wow that is pretty spontaneous! What was your mum's reaction? I'd never thought my mum would be serious about wanting to see them, but she also loves travelling and sightseeing new places. She said 'as long as noone jumps on my head at the show' :lol:

Very surprised, happy and she just let it happen as everything was already organized so she could simply enjoy.

• Like 1

Dirty Rotten Bastard

I got Detroit tickets too so I've now got six US shows :wub: 

lizziebix
17 hours ago, Mary711 said:

Such a great idea! Did something similar the last time with Milan. It was on my Mom's birthday and in the morning I gave her the ticket for the Italian show and told her you have to pack your back now, our plane leaves in a few hours and we're gonna see them tonight. That was pretty cool. :) 

I don't remember hearing this story before, Mary.  How awesome.  Did mom love it?

sara_gd
On 8/9/2016 at 5:58 PM, Ruskaeth said:

Silly question, but what do you do with blankets and huge jacket when you get inside? You cant really leave your spot after you get in, right?

On 9/9/2016 at 5:42 PM, Mary Daze said:

@Dirty Rotten Bastard can you give me advice on how to camp out, I'm still a camping-virgin. I don't yet know if I'll do it but just give me advice on it because I'm afriad I might freeze my ass off when we're waiting even if it's just for 6 hours or so... Like what did you sleep on at Brixton? What food did you bring? Thank you xxx

I bring a blow up bed and for the cold months a thermal sleeping bag, I'm the queen of camping :P Then in the morning I leave it in whatever place I'm staying for the night. I do this because a good sleep is essential for me, but if you're not like that you could probably go with a blanket like others have said :) Then during the day if it's cold I bring a jacket and during the show I put it into a little bag or wrap it around me. For not very important stuff that I need during the day but I can't take into the show, such as an umbrella or my sleeping bag when it's raining/cold, I hide it behind a bush near the place on my last trip to the toilet :P I never had a problem getting it afterwards, if I had it it's only an umbrella at the end of the day, it's better than getting wet for the full day. I hope this was helpful!

On 10/9/2016 at 9:22 AM, Mary711 said:

On 10/9/2016 at 0:54 AM, Yaz. said:

So cause i'm doing a lot of shows i'm missing my mums birthday, and she's almost insisted that I take her to a show :lol: not just London or anything, she wants to come to Oslo, so I got her a ticket for that!! I'm so happy I finally get to show her what this is all about.

That's so cool!!!! My mum went to Oslo with me also (seats though) and she enjoyed it a lot, it was the best show that she was to she said :D 

On 10/9/2016 at 0:57 AM, Yaz. said:

Legit would happen. I'm destined to never get on stage 😂

Didn't you get on stage in Berlin 2012??? I thought you did!

So the shows that I'm doing in the end are:

• US: Chicago, Toronto, Detroit (seated), Columbus, Sayreville, Upper Darby and Berkeley.
  • Europe: Firenze, Bologna, Milano, Zurich, Leeds, Manchester and London.

Fran and I have everything almost ready for the first part of the US tour!!! :D We're talking Greyhound everywhere and sleeping only 1 day out of 3 in a proper bed xD 

Then I will be in New York from October 1st to October 10th-16th some day (depends on if they're doing anything in the area on those days) and then on October 10th-16th some day I'm going to San Francisco until the 23rd (my mum will be joining me most likely for this last week!!! :D)

As I'll be at least a week in NY, is there anyone who's planning to be around the area also? I didn't get any ticket for that part of the tour, but I'm planning on waiting outside Webster Hall anyway :lol: 

• Like 2

Yaz.

@sara_gd I remember your blow up bed in Oslo, with the bulls on 😂 But no i've never been on stage :(

• Like 1

sara_gd
9 minutes ago, Yaz. said:

@sara_gd I remember your blow up bed in Oslo, with the bulls on 😂 But no i've never been on stage :(

That bed broke at Brixton :( But I'm getting another one this week! haha

I'm thinking about getting the California Zephyr train to go from New York to San Francisco.... non stop for 52h and it costs $167 (plus a 50€ flight New York to Chicago)... Am I going crazy???? I can't even imagine what it's like to be on a train for 52 hours, but apparently people do it???

Mar
17 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

That bed broke at Brixton :( But I'm getting another one this week! haha

I'm thinking about getting the California Zephyr train to go from New York to San Francisco.... non stop for 52h and it costs $167 (plus a 50€ flight New York to Chicago)... Am I going crazy???? I can't even imagine what it's like to be on a train for 52 hours, but apparently people do it???

My Amtrak senses are tingling! :lol: It's absolutely doable. There's plenty of room in the seats compared to planes and it can be a wonderful journey. You go through the Rocky Mountains and the scenery is amazing. I saw a bald eagle soaring over water next to/below us when we went in April, for example. If you're willing to shell out more, you can get a roomette with a bed that folds out, privacy and your meals included. It's wonderful. October isn't a big travel season, so prices shouldn't be too bad. And if you're not in a hurry, you can take the train to Chicago from New York.

PM me if you have any more questions!

• Like 1

sara_gd
6 minutes ago, Mar said:

My Amtrak senses are tingling! :lol: It's absolutely doable. There's plenty of room in the seats compared to planes and it can be a wonderful journey. You go through the Rocky Mountains and the scenery is amazing. I saw a bald eagle soaring over water next to/below us when we went in April, for example. If you're willing to shell out more, you can get a roomette with a bed that folds out, privacy and your meals included. It's wonderful. October isn't a big travel season, so prices shouldn't be too bad. And if you're not in a hurry, you can take the train to Chicago from New York.

Wait, now that I think of it, since the LA show is before Berkeley, maybe you'd be better off on the Chief! Another beautiful route, and usually cheaper than the Zephyr.

PM me if you have any more questions!

Hey thanks a lot!!! :D I was looking into The Chief also, it's slightly cheaper, but I saw reviews that the scenery wasn't as good plus I don't have tickets to LA! (I'm still refreshing that website lol). Also I'd rather be in San Francisco than in LA for the days before the show :P The bed for the Zephyr train is currently $900 so I don't think so :lol: 

Mary711
13 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I don't remember hearing this story before, Mary.  How awesome.  Did mom love it?

Yeah, she really enjoyed it so this time around we're doing Paris together. :) And she also was excited when she heard about them touring again.

• Like 2

Minority103

I got tickets for Torino and Milano, I was thinking about Zurich (hoping there's some tickets left) or Cologne or Amsterdam, today some extra shows were added (Prague and Krakov) and I was thinking to it too. I mean I would like to add a 3rd show, and I really got my head on Zurich, well I think I will pm you Sara ahah 

• Like 1

*dry_ice*

I'm going to Turin, Firenze, Bologna and Milano,

and tomorrow I will try to buy early entry for Cracov!

• Like 1

Mary711
28 minutes ago, *dry_ice* said:

Will there be early entry for both newly added shows?

*dry_ice*
30 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

I've seen them in the options on polish eventim. for prague I haven't checked because I don't think I will go... try!

Mary711
Just now, *dry_ice* said:

I've seen them in the options on polish eventim. for prague I haven't checked because I don't think I will go... try!

Ok, thanks. I haven't seen anything about ticket options so far, that's why I asked.

*dry_ice*
Just now, Mary711 said:

Ok, thanks. I haven't seen anything about ticket options so far, that's why I asked.

you welcome :)

hope they won't sell out in a second :cry:

Marki.
43 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

I think there won't be early entry for Prague because the organizers stated that the prices will range from cca 44€ to 59€, which seems too cheap for an EA ticket... They didn't reveal the actual ticket options yet, so I guess we will only know for sure tomorrow morning when the tickets go on sale.

• Like 1

Yaz.
1 hour ago, *dry_ice* said:

Will see you at Krakow, Beatriz! 😊

• Like 1

solongfromthestars

OK, I really am crazy. I've booked accommodation in Krakow, Prague, Oslo and Stockholm. I don't have tickets and I have no money right now but I'll get them one way or another. I haven't even properly talked to @basketcase4933 about it but she's coming too because I'm sure I don't need to ask if she wants to.

Help :lol: 

• Like 2

Mary Daze
6 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

OK, I really am crazy. I've booked accommodation in Krakow, Prague, Oslo and Stockholm. I don't have tickets and I have no money right now but I'll get them one way or another. I haven't even properly talked to @basketcase4933 about it but she's coming too because I'm sure I don't need to ask if she wants to.

I hope you get tickets :lol: otherwise i'm a bit worried :P 

solongfromthestars
Just now, Mary Daze said:

I hope you get tickets :lol: otherwise i'm a bit worried :P 

Well it's all pay later so if I really can't get them I can cancel and won't have lost any money. But I hope that won't happen :P 

Let's hope I sell something on ebay this week :lol:

• Like 1

Yaz.
11 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

That's the spirit! :lol:

• Like 1

E!!i

Nice for you that you can go to all these shows and cause of you now there are no tickets left for me anymore :fuckyou: