sara_gd

Crazy people going to lots of shows!

Beathe.
25 minutes ago, Ruskaeth said:

When do the lines usually start to form? My daughter wants to 'camp', but me not so much since it's most likely COLD! xD

Depends really. When they were here the last time during the summer people had slept outside and everything and the lines were long from like 8 in the morning. This time around I'm not sure. They haven't been here for years, the show is in the middle of the week and it's winter. I don't really mind though, I'm taking the day of work, I'll wear a huge jacket and bring blankets. :)

Ruskaeth
3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Depends really. When they were here the last time during the summer people had slept outside and everything and the lines were long from like 8 in the morning. This time around I'm not sure. They haven't been here for years, the show is in the middle of the week and it's winter. I don't really mind though, I'm taking the day of work, I'll wear a huge jacket and bring blankets. :)

Silly question, but what do you do with blankets and huge jacket when you get inside? You cant really leave your spot after you get in, right?

• Like 1

Beathe.
24 minutes ago, Ruskaeth said:

Silly question, but what do you do with blankets and huge jacket when you get inside? You cant really leave your spot after you get in, right?

Simple. I will get cheap blankets and throw them away. I'll just have the jacket on the floor infront of me inside the venue.

• Like 1

Mary Daze
6 minutes ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

Simple. I will get cheap blankets and throw them away. I'll just have the jacket on the floor infront of me inside the venue.

Might seem like a waste to some people but i see it as donating the blankets to homeless :P i'll do the same!

• Like 1

Beathe.
53 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Might seem like a waste to some people but i see it as donating the blankets to homeless :P i'll do the same!

I'd rather not freeze for all those hours. So it's definitely needed. :P

• Like 1

Strychnine.
16 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

I am well aware of that, it also helps that you live in US/Europe and not only because they tour there a lot but also because of the economical conditions and job opportunities those countries have.;)

The people living in Europe are the luckiest, I've heard travelling between countries is pretty cheap. It can be in the US too, if you aren't having to fly like me.

Speaking of which I am going to attempt to make it to the Berkeley show as well.

Iva
6 hours ago, Ruskaeth said:

If you're in the front row, put the jacket on the barrier or right below you.

Personally, I would not throw a blanket away. If it can be put somewhere where somebody less fortunate could find it, much better! I remember being surprised to see people throw away umbrellas and I was reluctant to throw away a beach seat type of a thing in Locarno in 2013.

14 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

Yeah I'm going with @basketcase4933 and hopefully also @Iva! I'd love to do Zurich too but sadly I have to be back after Milan. If you're doing three of the Italian shows I'll definitely see you there! :)

Going to a lot of shows does take a lot of dedication, I think some people (not anyone here, but a lot of people I come across) assume it's something you just "do", but it does require months of planning, saving and being prepared. I do eBay and go without a lot of things to do it all. Otherwise I'm just a student with an irregular job, no parental funding or anything like that. Of course it's also possible because I live in an economically stable country. It's very irresponsible really, haha, but I never regret any of it so it's all good.

And this is why I'm letting you plan things because you know how to do it and the most I have ever been to is two back-to-back shows in the same city, minus extreme weather conditions. :P

As for me, since people ask about funding - I have no permanent job, I'm a freelancer and I don't have any savings, so I'm literally doing as much as I can afford without giving up too much, because I also have to eat well (close to pre-diabetic) and do some repairs at home.

• Like 1

Mary Daze

Just got early entry tickets for milan :runaround: 

so now i've got tickets for:

Milan, manheim, malmo and cologne :happy:

i'll also definitely get tickets for prague

• Like 2

Dirty Rotten Bastard
9 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Just got early entry tickets for milan :runaround: 

so now i've got tickets for:

Milan, manheim, malmo and cologne :happy:

i'll also definitely get tickets for prague

Milan!
(and I'll see you in Prague!)

• Like 1

Quido

I'm interested, was thinking of Stockholm, Malmö, Cologne and London, but I'm having trouble with tickets. Only got Stockholm this far!

Mary711
Just now, Quido said:

I'm interested, was thinking of Stockholm, Malmö, Cologne and London, but I'm having trouble with tickets. Only got Stockholm this far!

London might be a problem but you should be fine with the others as far as I can see it.

Lacky

I got tickets for Florence, Bologna and Milan.

I saw on ryanair's website that all my flights will amount 90€, so fucking cheap!:runaround:

• Like 1

Iknowthebattles

Got tickets for Stockholm, Malmö and Amsterdam with no problem through the presale, and after three days of sweat and tears I managed to get tickets for London. YAY! :dance:

• Like 3

pols4tre

Going to all three UK shows. I would absolutely love to travel and go to more shows (Germany mostly as gigs there are so much fun!!) but I simply can't afford it. Plus I can't get all that time off work. Still, those three shows in the UK will be awesome :) I'm currently trying to figure out a travel plan and also plan which shows to camp for.

• Like 2

tamsin
11 minutes ago, pols4tre said:

Going to all three UK shows. I would absolutely love to travel and go to more shows (Germany mostly as gigs there are so much fun!!) but I simply can't afford it. Plus I can't get all that time off work. Still, those three shows in the UK will be awesome :) I'm currently trying to figure out a travel plan and also plan which shows to camp for.

I'm exactly the same Polly! Got the three UK and and would love to do one in Europe but cant really afford it... Planning on camping for some too :D 

• Like 2

pols4tre
37 minutes ago, tamsin said:

I'm exactly the same Polly! Got the three UK and and would love to do one in Europe but cant really afford it... Planning on camping for some too :D 

I'll be seeing you there! :) I'm definitely going to be camping for Leeds and London, unsure about Manchester at the moment. 

• Like 1

Mary Daze

@Dirty Rotten Bastard can you give me advice on how to camp out, I'm still a camping-virgin. I don't yet know if I'll do it but just give me advice on it because I'm afriad I might freeze my ass off when we're waiting even if it's just for 6 hours or so... Like what did you sleep on at Brixton? What food did you bring? Thank you xxx

• Like 1

Dirty Rotten Bastard
Just now, Mary Daze said:

@Dirty Rotten Bastard can you give me advice on how to camp out, I'm still a camping-virgin. I don't yet know if I'll do it but just give me advice on it because I'm afriad I might freeze my ass off when we're waiting even if it's just for 6 hours or so... Like what did you sleep on at Brixton? What food did you bring? Thank you xxx

I thought you camped in Vienna?

I've never camped in winter so I'm probably not that helpful. 

You could get a big cheap duvet thing and just throw it away, or a sleeping bag or something - you're gonna be cold no matter what. You could try drinking your way through it but I don't have experience with that :P 
It makes you hate your life and it's great because then you realise why you did it when you actually Green Day!

Which shows are you camping for? I'm going to do it for quite a few (as it saves money on hotels i'm cheap) and I am 100% a 'front row or bust' person. 

Mary Daze
1 minute ago, Dirty Rotten Bastard said:

I thought you camped in Vienna?

I've never camped in winter so I'm probably not that helpful. 

You could get a big cheap duvet thing and just throw it away, or a sleeping bag or something - you're gonna be cold no matter what. You could try drinking your way through it but I don't have experience with that :P 
It makes you hate your life and it's great because then you realise why you did it when you actually Green Day!

Which shows are you camping for? I'm going to do it for quite a few (as it saves money on hotels i'm cheap) and I am 100% a 'front row or bust' person. 

So you had a duvet at brixton but nothing to lay on? :huh: 

No at vienna we just got there at 10am and then we waited for like 6-7 hours and it was super warm

But I don't want to feel cold :P there must be a way to make this not that horrible! I've sworn myself that I would NEVER camp out except maybe for something like webley stadium... But now i'm thinking about camping out because of the experience and stuff (maybe at cologne) but I'll decide like shortly before, depending on how cold january will be

what about pocketwarmers? Or those emergency-warming blankets that are basically just a foil? I'm thinking about stuff like that. I really want to get some ideas, also, this is what this thread is here for :P

Dirty Rotten Bastard
3 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

So you had a duvet at brixton but nothing to lay on? :huh: 

No at vienna we just got there at 10am and then we waited for like 6-7 hours and it was super warm

But I don't want to feel cold :P there must be a way to make this not that horrible! I've sworn myself that I would NEVER camp out except maybe for something like webley stadium... But now i'm thinking about camping out because of the experience and stuff (maybe at cologne) but I'll decide like shortly before, depending on how cold january will be

what about pocketwarmers? Or those emergency-warming blankets that are basically just a foil? I'm thinking about stuff like that. I really want to get some ideas, also, this is what this thread is here for :P

At Emirates I had a sleeping bag (but I had somewhere to put it the next day and didn't need to throw it away).
If you get a duvet you can wrap it around yourself I guess.
Tbh, I just accept that if i'm sleeping on the street I'm not gonna sleep so I'm not too bothered about comfort...(I'm really bad at sleeping anywhere that isn't a bed so the entire tour i have planned out isn't exactly ideal for me haha). 
You should definitely camp because it is a really good experience (especially if the right people are there).
I would never have even considered pocketwarmers haha...but if you want to go for it - and I'll be quite jealous of how much warmer you are than me?

• Like 1

Yaz.

So cause i'm doing a lot of shows i'm missing my mums birthday, and she's almost insisted that I take her to a show :lol: not just London or anything, she wants to come to Oslo, so I got her a ticket for that!! I'm so happy I finally get to show her what this is all about.

• Like 4

Dirty Rotten Bastard
1 minute ago, Yaz. said:

So cause i'm doing a lot of shows i'm missing my mums birthday, and she's almost insisted that I take her to a show :lol: not just London or anything, she wants to come to Oslo, so I got her a ticket for that!! I'm so happy I finally get to show her what this is all about.

Can't wait to see your mum on stage!

• Like 1

Yaz.
Just now, Dirty Rotten Bastard said:

Can't wait to see your mum on stage!

Legit would happen. I'm destined to never get on stage 😂

Dirty Rotten Bastard
1 minute ago, Yaz. said:

Legit would happen. I'm destined to never get on stage 😂

You're doing like fifteen shows this year mate, it'll happen 

• Like 2

Mary711
8 hours ago, Yaz. said:

Such a great idea! Did something similar the last time with Milan. It was on my Mom's birthday and in the morning I gave her the ticket for the Italian show and told her you have to pack your back now, our plane leaves in a few hours and we're gonna see them tonight. That was pretty cool. :) 

• Like 3