Matt.

2016/10/03 - 9:30 Club, Washington, DC, USA

GDM

If I could go to this one, I would. This should be a great show in an historic punk .

lucky_stars

I don't see this show on the idiot nation pre sale email? Strange. They must not be doing one?

• Like 1

Beatlesdude

I haven't seen green day yet and a small venue like this is my dream concert. I'm beyond excited 

tdlyon

I'm very fucking upset that this doesn't have a presale. I'm going to be stressing out for the next three days, and there's absolutely no way I get the 5 tickets my family is gonna want

EDIT: Spoke too soon, there is now a presale!

UNeedAShrink

Does anyone have details about a DC presale?

tdlyon

I really wish 9:30 Club wasn't doing everything differently than the other venues, I have no idea how the presale is going to work. When you click on the other dates it just takes you to Ticketmaster and shows a countdown, but clicking the DC date just takes you to a page on Ticketfly saying that tickets are on sale 9/9. Hopefully the link changes tomorrow morning and it's easier than it seems

Beatlesdude

Im still waiting on my presale code. This is stressing me out like crazy

Jet Taman

I have my presale code but still no way to get presale tickets on ticketfly.  ALL other dates on ticketmaster have presale info. Wtf??!!

Beatlesdude

I got the presale code it worked but it says there are none availible

Abbey.

Looking for a ticket for this show if anyone has! Hope we all dont get screwed out of tickets...love the 9:30 club! Great venue.

Abbey.

Got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beatlesdude
4 minutes ago, Abbey. said:

Got a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How?

Maid Meringue

By some miracle we got tickets. The code didn't work, then it did, then it sold out. 

If they didn't have a 2 ticket limit we would have bought more to make sure GDC people could get them :/ 

I feel like maybe just the set amount of pre-sale tickets sold out but not the actual event so keep checking Friday morning! 

Jet Taman

Wtf?? Ive been checking since 930 and kept hitting refresh and it never even gave me the option of getting tickets! It just kept saying none available.  I just thought they had not gone on sale yet.

BCap

I got two tickets in my cart about 9:20 or so, got to payment, entered my Discover card... payment declined... entered Visa... nope, kicked out, no tickets, refreshed until now, tickets occasionally popped up until around 9:45 (don't remember when it stopped), super pissed at Discover and Ticketfly.  I decided to clock in late for nothing, it turns out.  If anyone needs a concert buddy, I'll gladly be your second.  I can pay cash, and I have Cards Against Humanity.

On a related note: Anyone who shows up early, let's play Cards Against Humanity (I'll bring it, if I manage to make the show - if I can't get tickets, at least I'll have Ninja Sex Party to fall back on... I'm pretty sure Ninja Brian's gonna be pissed that they're the second choice, though).

• Like 1

Beatlesdude

Yeah this is stressful. Hopefully I can get mine on Friday and I can see all you wonderful people there.

And yeah Im gonna be there really early

BCap

I'm glad scalpers shouldn't be an issue, and 9:30 seems to be a decent-sized club (it apparently can hold 1,200 people), but I'm still worried about how many tickets they've got left.  This'll be my first time to both a Green Day show and a show at 9:30 (unless I decide to see Buzzcocks there on September 28th, in which case GD will be my second 9:30 show, hopefully).

How many tickets were available for the presale?  Anyone know?

Tara

Anyone know what time the show starts? Saw on 9:30's website that gates open 6:30PM.

Beatlesdude
1 hour ago, Tara said:

Anyone know what time the show starts? Saw on 9:30's website that gates open 6:30PM.

not really sure. If the doors open at 630, that means that the doors will really open at 7 lol and the opening band will probably play at 8 or 830 then the boys will probably be on stage around 1030. But I could be 100% wrong lol

BCap

I've discovered that my tickets were lost (and my payment declined) because I was (as I feared) over my credit limit with my first card.  No idea when my check with last month's payment will get processed (hopefully by today or tomorrow), but my account shows three charges still pending, all from Ticketfly: two from yesterday (one for $1, and one for the price of an actual ticket I purchased) and one from today (also for $1).  The $1 charges are likely just to see if my card is active, but I'm curious as to why that would have been sent out alongside the charge for the actual ticket from yesterday (when my card still had credit).

Oh, and for those of you who appreciate irony: The ticket that I purchased the other day was for Pansy Division.  Wouldn't have affected my Green Day ticket purchase (or lack thereof) today, but it's ironic nonetheless.

iWroteHoldenCaulfield84

If anyone has a spare ticket for this show please let me know!!! I'll pay at least double the ticket cost!!!!

I was waiting like a hawk since 8:56 AM, refreshing every second, and the very second the presale code field showed up and I pasted it in it said there were no tickets. This has happened with every presale and every general public sale for every Green Day show at a small venue I've tried to get tickets for since 2004. Irving Plaza (twice), Webster Hall (twice), Bowery Ballroom, and now 9:30 Club. I'm already going to assume same will happen with 9:30 Club Friday morning when they go on sale to the public and I'm desperate to see them in a small venue as they've been my favorite band since 1995 and all I have been able to see is the large shows. Someone please help me make this come true! Lol

BCap
1 hour ago, iWroteHoldenCaulfield84 said:

If anyone has a spare ticket for this show please let me know!!! I'll pay at least double the ticket cost!!!!

I was waiting like a hawk since 8:56 AM, refreshing every second, and the very second the presale code field showed up and I pasted it in it said there were no tickets. This has happened with every presale and every general public sale for every Green Day show at a small venue I've tried to get tickets for since 2004. Irving Plaza (twice), Webster Hall (twice), Bowery Ballroom, and now 9:30 Club. I'm already going to assume same will happen with 9:30 Club Friday morning when they go on sale to the public and I'm desperate to see them in a small venue as they've been my favorite band since 1995 and all I have been able to see is the large shows. Someone please help me make this come true! Lol

I'm not terribly optimistic about the odds, either, but don't give up hope just yet.  Like I mentioned, 9:30 can hold 1,200 people, and I doubt Idiot Nation was allotted a huge number of those (since most Green Day fans are not members of Idiot Nation - one of my best friends is just as rabid a Green Day fan as I am, but he isn't in the fan club; sadly, there's no way he'll be able to attend this show even if he could get a ticket, since his college is a couple of hours away).

When I checked the Facebook event for the concert earlier today, I saw approximately 3,000 people who listed themselves as "going" (as opposed to "interested" or "invited").  Think back to any concert (or party, or other event) that has had a Facebook event that you have ended up attending - how many people RSVP'd on Facebook, and how many ended up ACTUALLY showing up?  Of course, there are many people who don't RSVP on Facebook, but...  I bet you anything a lot of people won't be able to buy tickets in the first place due to being at work, driving, or just oversleeping when the tickets go on sale (among other reasons).  Some may just flat-out forget or even say, "Well, I COULD get them now, but I'd rather just wait until later, since it's not really that important to me."

When Fall Out Boy announced their return, I was able to get a single ticket in my cart (on Ticketfly) for their first D.C. show (but I ended up giving it up because I couldn't get a second... I rather regret it now).  On the other hand, this past winter, I got extremely lucky and managed to get two tickets to take my dad to see Springsteen play in D.C. during the first leg of The River tour - at first, I was only getting single tickets, crappy seats, and/or seats not next to each other (if I got any seats at all).  Then... I got two seats together.  Good seats.  I found out later those tickets sold out within just a few minutes (as tends to happen when The Boss comes to town).

Considering the restrictions placed on this show, the cost of the tickets (admittedly not all that bad - I thought it was gonna be a lot more), the fact that a lot of the diehards do indeed have their tickets now (any scalpers would actually have to show their faces for this one, which I absolutely love - perhaps Billie Joe will ask if anyone had to pay a markup to go with someone!), and uncertainty regarding transportation due to Metro construction and driving in D.C. being a pain in the ass, don't give up hope just yet.

But don't get cocky, either.

This is what happens when you get too negative:

• Like 2

Jet Taman

I will give, yes GIVE, a FREE BJ guitar to anyone who can hook me up with a ticket, which I will pay for as well.  As a 4th grade teacher (who sings parodies of Green Day songs to encourage kids to read--"When You Go and Read" instead of When I come around, "Bookcase" instead of Basketcase, "Book Stew" instead of Brain Stew, and I ALWAYS open up my school assemblies with "American Literate" :)) SOOOO  I fucking missed my window of buying my presale because I was with my 29 nine year olds,

I AM going to try on Friday again, but I'm totally serious....FREE BJ guitar from BJguitars.com .  Your choice of version. 

By the way, I'm going to bring a special Breast Cancer Awareness version of Blue to the show to hopefully give to the band...many of you remember that I've sold this guitar in the past every October...but it's a PINK version of BLUE. 

Please help.

I really need to be there.

• Like 1