Second favourite son

2016/10/26 - The Pageant, St Louis, MO, USA

LPbilliejr

AHHH THE PLANNING THAT GOES INTO THESE TRIPS................ Who knows if out of staters like this guy can go to the postponed date? :/

_the_mule

I get the terrible, terrible feeling this is going to get postponed onto a day when I have a test, which are nearly always at 5 pm :(

• Like 1

The Tracks @ Christie Road

I'm kind of worried because I'm trying to get a new job and it's has a really set schedule. If I get this job it might hurt my chances to be able to go to this :(

Teenage Lush

i keep hoping that they're somehow going to play anyway and maybe this is all a really mean joke, even though i know that's ridiclous :( 

hoping they announce the makeup date soon so i can try for the time off again. and arrange a babysitter again...and book a room again...and try to come up with the money again...sigh. 

i'm honestly kind of being a baby about this even though it's just a postponement but damn, i've had a really rough year and was really, really ready for a green day show to cheer me up. bleh

• Like 4

I just don't even know what I'm going to do with myself today. :mellow:

_the_mule

I would've been on the road to St. Louis by now...

I guess I'll do homework instead? More productive, but way less fun.

It's driving me insane not knowing what the new dates are. :runaround:

Teenage Lush

yeah, i really hope they get the new dates figured out within the next week or so. would love for them to reschedule for october but i'm thinking it might be november or december instead. i'm trying not to get too excited again though cause i could see them cancelling altogether. 

i've been in a bad mood all day, we were supposed to be there right now :( 

23 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i've been in a bad mood all day, we were supposed to be there right now :( 

Same. Actually went down by The Pageant today. It was sad how empty it was.

I really think they'll follow through on rescheduling, but it would just really help to know when the show is. I just want to know if there's going to be a problem or not. I'm not looking forward to going into a 2nd job interview and having to ask about vacation/time off right away.

This might just be me acting crazy, but if they were to reschedule in Oct. the dates would most likely be Oct 11 or 16 (16th is the least likely option, though) or between Oct 26 - 28. Someone can double check me if they'd like.

elrayox
12 hours ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

This might just be me acting crazy, but if they were to reschedule in Oct. the dates would most likely be Oct 11 or 16 (16th is the least likely option, though) or between Oct 26 - 28. Someone can double check me if they'd like.

Nope, you are not crazy.  October. 11 is the most probable and workable date . October 12 and 13th work for the venues in Chicago and Detroit . This fits in with time off after the East Coast and the West Coast dates.  I just can't see them coming back after the West Coast for 3 shows, but who knows...

Teenage Lush

as much as i want to see them, i really think it'd be better if the rescheduled date isn't *that* soon, at least for me personally. 

i'm out quite a bit of money from having to cancel everything i had booked so i need time to save again, plus i'll have to take off work again and have my mother take off work so she can watch my son for me while i'm gone. the 11th is only two weeks away. 

2 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

as much as i want to see them, i really think it'd be better if the rescheduled date isn't *that* soon, at least for me personally. 

i'm out quite a bit of money from having to cancel everything i had booked so i need time to save again, plus i'll have to take off work again and have my mother take off work so she can watch my son for me while i'm gone. the 11th is only two weeks away. 

3 hours ago, elrayox said:

Nope, you are not crazy.  October. 11 is the most probable and workable date . October 12 and 13th work for the venues in Chicago and Detroit . This fits in with time off after the East Coast and the West Coast dates.  I just can't see them coming back after the West Coast for 3 shows, but who knows...

I feel like the end of October or early to mid November are more likely. As much as the 11th fits, I feel like if it was going to be that soon we would have heard something by now. Plus, Billie's movie comes out on Oct. 14, so there might be a reason for that gap in their schedule. Oct. 26 - 28 is open for both the STL and Chicago venues and Detroit has an open slot on the 27th. Plus, that gives us a month to regroup. Fingers crossed.

elrayox
6 minutes ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

I feel like the end of October or early to mid November are more likely. As much as the 11th fits, I feel like if it was going to be that soon we would have heard something by now. Plus, Billie's movie comes out on Oct. 14, so there might be a reason for that gap in their schedule. Oct. 26 - 28 is open for both the STL and Chicago venues and Detroit has an open slot on the 27th. Plus, that gives us a month to regroup. Fingers crossed.

It would just surprise me if they trekked all the way back to the Midwest after going home to the West Coast  for three relatively small shows.  Keep in mind  the tour announcement was exactly two weeks  before the scheduled St Louis show....

Teenage Lush
10 minutes ago, elrayox said:

It would just surprise me if they trekked all the way back to the Midwest after going home to the West Coast  for three relatively small shows.  

back in 2005 i had tickets to see them in nashville and it was postponed because of band illness, and this is actually exactly what they did :P the show was supposed to be in august, was rescheduled for october. they played a few dates on the west coast and then came back for the nashville show and another one in ohio that had been rescheduled and then that was the end of the tour. no telling what they'll do this time but i wouldn't rule that out completely, honestly coming back at the end of the tour makes more sense to me than trying to squeeze it in in the middle of a bunch of other dates that they probably have routes etc all planned out for already.

• Like 1

LPbilliejr
59 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

back in 2005 i had tickets to see them in nashville and it was postponed because of band illness, and this is actually exactly what they did :P the show was supposed to be in august, was rescheduled for october. they played a few dates on the west coast and then came back for the nashville show and another one in ohio that had been rescheduled and then that was the end of the tour. no telling what they'll do this time but i wouldn't rule that out completely, honestly coming back at the end of the tour makes more sense to me than trying to squeeze it in in the middle of a bunch of other dates that they probably have routes etc all planned out for already.

I just want them to reschedule for a day not super close to the US tour they're gonna follow up with whenever they announce it. Because as it was, we were supposed to be the first to hear revrad.....

elrayox
1 hour ago, Teenage Lush said:

I understand, the week of October 11 just seems to make the most sense if the club shows happen, the equipment physically has to move back from the East to the West....and they have a 9 day break....who knows?

Teenage Kicks!

Welp...I'm on the scared I might not make the new date train.

Got a call for a job interview 

Green Day ahhhh

Give us the dates please

3 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Welp...I'm on the scared I might not make the new date train.

Got a call for a job interview 

Green Day ahhhh

Give us the dates please

Yeah, I just had a job interview this morning and had the fun experience of asking about time off. Luckily they were cool though and I sounds like I'd be able to rearrange my schedule if needed.

That's also if I get the job.

I hope your situation works out okay too!

• Like 1

Teenage Kicks!

Was just about to say that. Awesome!!!

I will already have to request off dang if I get one of the two jobs I'm interviewing for  lol eek

_the_mule

Looks like I'm skipping my geology lab. I'll tell the TA that I can't come because of family... I'll just leave out the fact that it's a family of Green Day fans and not blood relatives.

So excited :runaround:

• Like 3

LPbilliejr

IM GOING IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO!

Teenage Lush

first show of the tour becomes the last :lol: i can't wait! 

Teenage Kicks!

Hotel is half this time haven't jacked up the price yet lol

Let's try this again haha