Second favourite son

2016/10/26 - The Pageant, St Louis, MO, USA

punkangel
17 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Yes,

Thanks!

Teenage Lush

so i got 2 tickets in the presale for this, one for myself and one for my friend. another friend who is coming with us missed out on tickets both days so gave in and ordered one for an insane amount of money and for some reason (?) he got an email earlier today saying vividseats cancelled his order and they refunded his money. i'm not sure what happened but ANYWAY if anyone has an extra ticket i am looking for one! he's willing to pay more than face value. please let me know if anyone has one :)

LPbilliejr
2 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

so i got 2 tickets in the presale for this, one for myself and one for my friend. another friend who is coming with us missed out on tickets both days so gave in and ordered one for an insane amount of money and for some reason (?) he got an email earlier today saying vividseats cancelled his order and they refunded his money. i'm not sure what happened but ANYWAY if anyone has an extra ticket i am looking for one! he's willing to pay more than face value. please let me know if anyone has one :)

That sucks for your friend :/ , I bought my overpriced turd from vividseats too and it was confirmed and is not cancelled, I will lose my shit if it does though.

Teenage Lush

just heard from the pageant again - they confirmed there will NOT be early entry for this show. 

• Like 1

Teenage Kicks!
1 hour ago, Teenage Lush said:

just heard from the pageant again - they confirmed there will NOT be early entry for this show. 

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Teenage Lush
7 minutes ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Thank you so much for sharing this!

no problem! they also said they will be posting more information on facebook tomorrow so hopefully they will clear up where to line up etc. if not, i'll email them again just to be sure :lol: 

i'm so anxious/excited! one week from today guys :D 

• Like 3

The Tracks @ Christie Road

I don't think I've ever been so anxious/stressed out over a show in my life! This week can't go by fast enough.

Teenage Lush

i'm just so anxious trying to figure out what time we should get in line :lol: this is pretty much my dream show, i need barrier for it. but i also really want to get some sleep the night before...i can't do the whole camping out thing anymore, i want to actually be able to enjoy the show. i'm thinking around 8-9ish in the morning will be a safe bet.

Same here. I showed up to Fall Out Boy there at 9:30 am and with early entry (and the fact that a lot of the audience was under 21) that got me second row. I feel like with how people (hardcore and casual fans) have been freaking out about this show it's going to be madness. But it is also on a weekday and some people have big kid jobs. Plus, will call might hold people back until closer to 3. I'm just not sure what time is appropriate b/c I don't know what to expect. Also, If I show up before 8 am my husband might disown me.

Riotgrrl_GD

I encourage anyone considering camping out at this location to have a back up plan.  I don't want to make the area sound dangerous but, the fact is if you spend the night on this sidewalk should should expect to encounter some shady, potentially ill-willed, characters.  Having lived in STL most of my life this is NOT a place I would feel comfortable hanging out while unconscious.  

• Like 1

Riotgrrl_GD

I also wanted to share this pic from the back of this club just to show that there really are no bad seats :) .  It's a great venue!  

http://i67.tinypic.com/ojh0ld.jpg[/IMG]

(If someone can tell me how to make the pic show up instead of the link that'd be super!)

Edited by Riotgrrl_GD

LPbilliejr
4 minutes ago, Riotgrrl_GD said:

I also wanted to share this pic from the back of this club just to show that there really are no bad seats :) .  It's a great venue!  

ojh0ld.jpg

(If someone can tell me how to make the pic show up instead of the link that'd be super!)

Hot Damn.....

shhhh use the insert media click tab

Teenage Lush

i think i said this before but the last time i was at the pageant all i could think about was how small the floor was and how awesome it would be to see green day there. still can't believe it's actually happening. 

i'm hoping that since there's a show the night before no one will camp out, especially since it's a sletchy neighborhood. i don't plan on it regardless but i also know it's a domino effect, if people drive by and see other people lining up then they'll get in line and it turns into a mess. i'm having nightmares of showing up at like 10 and there being hundreds of people in line :lol: 

3 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

i think i said this before but the last time i was at the pageant all i could think about was how small the floor was and how awesome it would be to see green day there. still can't believe it's actually happening. 

i'm hoping that since there's a show the night before no one will camp out, especially since it's a sletchy neighborhood. i don't plan on it regardless but i also know it's a domino effect, if people drive by and see other people lining up then they'll get in line and it turns into a mess. i'm having nightmares of showing up at like 10 and there being hundreds of people in line :lol: 

Not to freak you out, but to be realistic, when I showed up to Fall Out Boy at the Pageant at 9:30 am, the under 21 line was already wrapping around the building and a few people had been camping out. The Halo bar line, however only had about 10-15 people which is why I got such a good spot. I'm pretty sure that no matter what they'll still be admitting people through the bar just to keep the line tame.

Also, I showed up to the Moline show at 2:30 and was still pretty close, not barricade, but way better than I expected. 

Anyone want to make a line buddy pact just in case? Lol:lol:

• Like 1

Teenage Lush
5 minutes ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

Not to freak you out, but to be realistic, when I showed up to Fall Out Boy at the Pageant at 9:30 am, the under 21 line was already wrapping around the building and a few people had been camping out. The Halo bar line, however only had about 10-15 people which is why I got such a good spot. I'm pretty sure that no matter what they'll still be admitting people through the bar just to keep the line tame.

Also, I showed up to the Moline show at 2:30 and was still pretty close, not barricade, but way better than I expected. 

Anyone want to make a line buddy pact just in case? Lol:lol:

yeah, there's only two entrances, right? halo bar and suite 100? i feel like they're going to have to let people through both entrances no matter what tbh, it'd be insane trying to get everyone through one set of doors. i'm not sure whether that makes me feel better or worse though lol. i'll probably be there before that anyway. i'm thinking (hoping?) that green day's audience skews older than fall out boy's does and with it being on a tuesday and people having work/school maybe it won't be that bad. i'm sure i'll be there earlier than 10 anyway, if only because i'm not going to stop being anxious about it until i'm there hahaha. at the very least can whoever gets there first please update the rest of us on how many people are there?! :P 

i just keep telling myself that if i survived the insanity that is moline this will be just fine. at least the pageant presumably aren't going to make us stand up for the last four hours of waiting...

They won't make you stand that long. If you go in through the bar you can even sit at a table. I feel like most of the people will be older, but it did sound like there were going to be quite a few parents with teenagers. Not sure if an older crowd makes me feel better, though. I was planning on getting there around 8 am, but now I'm leaning more towards 7 am.

Teenage Kicks!

http://www.thepageant.com/event/green-day-092016/

Halo bar will open same time as doors for the show!

Personally, I can breathe now haha

Let's do this eeeeee!

Edit: whoooaaa changed the rules too

No outside food or cell phone photography 

_the_mule
1 hour ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Edit: whoooaaa changed the rules too

No outside food or cell phone photography 

I was honestly kind of wondering if they would prohibit cell phone photography, it doesn't really surprise me too much either that they are.

Also all this talk about camping out and getting there early has made me 20x more anxious than I'd like to be. I can' leave until 12:15 and I'm about an hour and a half away from St. Louis :ermm:

Teenage Lush

tbh i've seen absolutely nothing anywhere online that suggests anyone is even thinking of camping out for this show, i'm just overreacting because i'm nervous. it's what i do :lol: 

**nobodylikesyou**

So I have called the Pageant a few times since last week every time I get a different answer. My feeling after todays call was that they are highly annoyed by the whole thing.

So basically they said there are three entrances, two doors and the Halo Bar. At this time they are planning on allowing early entry but arent sure that will be the case as it may change before the show. They told me to call back Monday to be sure.  (the last call they told me they wouldnt be having early entry)

They said at 500pm  they will come out and give the first 50 people in line, that are under 21, line tickets.  When I asked about people camping out starting on Sat or Sunday and the possibility of line tickets for them so they don't have to camp in such a shitty area. He said no line tickets will be given out before 5pm the day of show. Also said over 21 get none.

He said scalpers tickets should work fine because the name on credit card doesnt have to match the name on the order.

The whole conversation annoyed the fuck out of me and led me to believe this will be a complete clusterfuck because they are unprepared.

_the_mule
1 hour ago, Teenage Lush said:

tbh i've seen absolutely nothing anywhere online that suggests anyone is even thinking of camping out for this show, i'm just overreacting because i'm nervous. it's what i do :lol: 

Oh, same. My number one hobby seems to be overreacting. I'm also a little bit worried that my mom isn't prepared/capable of handling how early my friends and I like to get to shows, so it'll be interesting to see how she adjusts to becoming a part of my typical concert-going squad.

Teenage Lush
1 hour ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

So I have called the Pageant a few times since last week every time I get a different answer. My feeling after todays call was that they are highly annoyed by the whole thing.

So basically they said there are three entrances, two doors and the Halo Bar. At this time they are planning on allowing early entry but arent sure that will be the case as it may change before the show. They told me to call back Monday to be sure.  (the last call they told me they wouldnt be having early entry)

They said at 500pm  they will come out and give the first 50 people in line, that are under 21, line tickets.  When I asked about people camping out starting on Sat or Sunday and the possibility of line tickets for them so they don't have to camp in such a shitty area. He said no line tickets will be given out before 5pm the day of show. Also said over 21 get none.

He said scalpers tickets should work fine because the name on credit card doesnt have to match the name on the order.

The whole conversation annoyed the fuck out of me and led me to believe this will be a complete clusterfuck because they are unprepared.

well this sounds like it's going to be an utter fucking shitshow. 

i got this email from them 6 days ago: "Hi Hannah – thanks for your email.  We are not certain if we will be able to offer our standard Early Entry Programs for this show.  We should know more next week, so feel free to check back if you like."

and this one yesterday: "Hello – there will not be early entry for this show.  We plan to post this information tomorrow."

and in between those two emails i saw them telling people on facebook there would definitely be early entry through the halo bar. 

why would they give out line tickets to only people in the under 21 line? does that mean only those people will get early entry and they won't let anyone in the bar in first? how does that make sense? so there's no chance of early entry for anyone over 21? i'm so confused. tempted to keep emailing them just to see how many different answers i'll get.

Teenage Kicks!

I got an email response at 7pm today saying there is no early entry.

I also made the discovery of the updated info on the pageants website for the gd gig right after.

I really think that is at least solid info now.

All the other shit just sounds like employees frustrated and confused hah.

Edit: They just posted this

The Pageant

28 mins · University City, MO · 

Please note: Early Entry will not be performed. Halo Bar will open the doors to the venue at the same time as Main Doors & Suite 100 will not be giving out wristbands.

Teenage Lush

just messaged the pageant on facebook and this is what they told me: 

"Hi Hannah - Sorry for the conflicting responses. Early Entry will NOT be performed for Green Day. You are more than welcome to come into the Halo Bar at 5pm, but the door to the venue will open at the same time as the Main Doors."

so no early entry at all seems to be confirmed and hopefully we can all stop worrying about it now :lol: i'm guessing this means there will be 2 lines, one at the bar and one at the main entrance, but both will be let in at the same time. hopefully nothing changes again now!

edit: okay this is important. i asked them about separate lines for presale tix/general sale tix and they said: All credit swipe entrants will need to enter through the East Entrance (the one next to Suite 100).

Edited by Teenage Lush
  • Like 1

Holy crap I've been trying to respond to this for  the last hour, but my phone sucks. Anyways... Honestly, the early entry thing was a moot point anyways. If they had done it both sides would have had early entry or neither of the doors would have had it. I'm pretty glad they're not doing it, though. That was one of the main reasons people were camping out for Fall Out Boy. They only reason they said they would only give wristbands to under 21 is because that's just how they keep it separate and organized. I've been to The Pageant many times and I've never dealt with them being disorganized.

Also I'd like to point out that the Fall Out Boy show I mentioned earlier was also in the summertime when people were out of school, so that may be much different this time around. 

I was also wanting to make sure other people were going to be there in the morning so I don't wind up sitting outside the pageant alone early in the morning. I'd feel a little sketchy about that. I have friends that I'm meeting up with and they said they were planning on getting there early, but I have a feeling their idea of early and my idea of early are two totally different things.

20 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

edit: okay this is important. i asked them about separate lines for presale tix/general sale tix and they said: All credit swipe entrants will need to enter through the East Entrance (the one next to Suite 100).

Yeah, but are we still separate from general sale people? I'd assume so.