Second favourite son

2016/10/26 - The Pageant, St Louis, MO, USA

Teenage Lush
25 minutes ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

If someone buys a scalper ticket how does that even work with it being will call only. Like if it were me I'd question the crap out of the seller.

i'm really not sure. there are probably ways around it, i just don't know what they are. i wouldn't have chanced it but that's just me :P

• Like 1

The Tracks @ Christie Road

I'm just beyond excited for this show! I actually have a few friends that managed to get tickets, so it'll be one of the few times I won't have to hang out alone. I just need it to be here already.

Teenage Kicks!

I'm excited but really frustrated becauseI'm stressing about this early entry shit.

I hope they don't do it. Haha

1 minute ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

I'm excited but really frustrated becauseI'm stressing about this early entry shit.

I hope they don't do it. Haha

I hope they do! It's never really been a difficult experience any of the times I've gone to shows and done that. Plus it's nice to sit in the bar the hour or two before going in. I doubt this could be anywhere as disorganized as iWireless in Moline 3 years ago. That was a nightmare! The Pageant are always very organized.

• Like 1

Teenage Lush
3 hours ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

I hope they do! It's never really been a difficult experience any of the times I've gone to shows and done that. Plus it's nice to sit in the bar the hour or two before going in. I doubt this could be anywhere as disorganized as iWireless in Moline 3 years ago. That was a nightmare! The Pageant are always very organized.

you were at the show in moline too? god, that was such a shitshow. pretty sure that's why i get nervous about getting in line and early entry and all that shit now, so many people got fucked over that day. 

i just wish they'd say for sure exactly how early entry and things with the different tickets are going to work so i can start planning. i hate not knowing for sure :P 

5 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

you were at the show in moline too? god, that was such a shitshow. pretty sure that's why i get nervous about getting in line and early entry and all that shit now, so many people got fucked over that day. 

i just wish they'd say for sure exactly how early entry and things with the different tickets are going to work so i can start planning. i hate not knowing for sure :P 

Moline was the worst. They couldn't line us up and pat us down when we went in. No, they had to make a mob of people separate boys from girls and then force their way into the mob to pat us down and mark our hands. Then once we were in the venue they made us sit and kneel for about 30+ min so that we don't squeeze. I had to kneel for that whole time and my legs started shaking from the pain. I hate that place. I'd rather not go back there.

Yeah the ticket thing is the weirdest thing because The Pageant doesn't normally do will call. Although, I think this will be more annoying for the people who bought at the general sale. I might call them again once it gets closer to the show and make sure. Cause last time I went there a lot of people were confused about lining up in front of the halo bar. I was the only on there for like a couple of hours before people started being redirected to that side. If they do Halo Bar entry they'll let us into the bar at like 5-5:30 and then they'll let us into the venue 30 min prior to door time. I did go to one show that didn't do early entry, but that's because there was a fan club meet and greet and the door time was 5:30, but we still went in through the bar and it worked the same, we just didn't get in early. Still got a good spot for that show too.

LPbilliejr

Haha Moline was great ("NO RUNNING!" I did the fastest walk I could lmao). Super close to the barrier without all the force against a steel bar xD

The will call thing (for me and other guys who bit the bullet) will end up meeting these assholes and having them get the tickets "will call" and forking them over. That is, unless they want Paypal on their ass and me haunting them for the rest of their lol.

1 minute ago, LPbilliejr said:

The will call thing (for me and other guys who bit the bullet) will end up meeting these assholes and having them get the tickets "will call" and forking them over. That is, unless they want Paypal on their ass and me haunting them for the rest of their lol.

I figured that was how it was going to be for the general sale tickets. I would just think legit scalpers would want to stay away from this kind of situation. It's too sketchy and I'm pretty sure scamming people would be bad for business.

LPbilliejr
4 minutes ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

I figured that was how it was going to be for the general sale tickets. I would just think legit scalpers would want to stay away from this kind of situation. It's too sketchy and I'm pretty sure scamming people would be bad for business.

Yea but think about it, 364 bucks (~80 for vivid and ~280 for ticket) the guy is easily making 200 dollars profit on me for doing absolutely nothing. I would be more than certain the people that scalp these tickets live in the city and its just easy picking.

Edited by LPbilliejr

1 minute ago, LPbilliejr said:

Yea but think about it, 364 bucks (~80 for vivid and ~280 for ticket) the guy is easily making 200 dollars profit on me for doing absolutely nothing. I would be more than certain the people that scalp these tickets live in the city and its just easy picking.

God, that's just disgusting. I still really don't understand how reselling tickets for insane amounts is not illegal. 

• Like 1

LPbilliejr

Yea the issue is it's like having someone control the price of tickets, Which should be up to the venue/artist and it currently is, but there should a much better system for blocking the people whose intent is to scalp/resell. We already have purchase limits, those God damn captcha robot minigames lol, and the hoops to jump through on event day.

Honestly....it's my fault for keeping these guys in business. I mean go ahead and look at all the resellers trying to get insane prices for this show. If we made them eat that ticket they just bought.....no more scalper. I shouldn't have bought it, have a couple shit excuses, but guilty as all hell

I don't blame you, though, I was ready to do the same. Like I don't mind if people want to resell their tickets because they can't go or they bought an extra and someone backed out and they sell it for face value. But you're right, if the demand's there, they'll keep supplying. I'm hoping with this show a lot of people will be dissuaded from buying third party since it is will call and at least a few of these scalpers get screwed. It'll probably be like the "sold out" Fall Out Boy show I went to where all the tickets were gone, but not all the seats were filled. 

I especially hope the presale scalpers get super screwed out of their money!

Teenage Lush

i managed to get barrier for moline, barely. i went with two friends and we were the first people in line, one of them didn't even get barrier at all in spite of that :( plus the security guards were horrible and wouldn't give us any water until over halfway through green day, i was dying. that was the show where they had trouble scanning my ticket too, it took forever and i started crying hahaha. credit card entry is a lot easier imo so i'm glad they're doing that for presale tickets at this show. the swiping credit cards to enter was the easiest part of the house of blues show. 

i'm 100% going to be stressed about this until i'm actually inside and have a good spot since something has gone wrong with the line every time i've seen them but it does make me feel better knowing the pageant has their shit together! 

I stress out at every show I go to until the night's already in progress. I've only been front row at The Pageant once. It was actually the last time I went there for Boys Like Girls, and the only reason I got it was because the girl in front of me decided she didn't want to be in the pit anymore and let me take her spot. Otherwise, though, I've always been close especially in the last few years. Like I said, I just don't want to take any chances with this one, so I'm definitely showing up sometime pretty early in the am.

Even if they don't do early entry you can usually still go in through the Halo Bar. It just means you'd get to wait inside with a bathroom from 5 till whenever they let people in. If there's no early entry they'll probably still have both lines, but they'll both go in at the normal door time. Plus, since a lot of people don't know about the Halo Bar line (because they usually see the other line first and assume) you have a better chance at a better spot because you'll be in the front of the shorter line. Also, at the last show I went to some people were saying that if you were over 21 and weren't attending with someone under then you had to go through the Halo Bar anyways. I'll try and call them sometime before the show and double check. I'll report back whatever I find out.

AndrewW91

I'm not going to this show but I've been creeping.  I was at The Pageant for a show last year, and if you weren't under 21, or if you weren't with someone who was under 21, you HAD to go through the bar. 

• Like 1

Teenage Lush

when do they usually start letting people into the bar from outside? 

punkangel

Is this the first show of the tour guys?

lizziebix
11 minutes ago, punkangel said:

Is this the first show of the tour guys?

Yes,

14 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

when do they usually start letting people into the bar from outside? 

Usually around 5 or 5:30. One of the people I met said The Pageant responded to her on the FB event page and said they were doing early entry. Still probably going to double check, though.

Teenage Lush
1 hour ago, The Tracks @ Christie Road said:

Usually around 5 or 5:30. One of the people I met said The Pageant responded to her on the FB event page and said they were doing early entry. Still probably going to double check, though.

i plan on emailing them again too, not taking any chances on this :P 

Teenage Kicks!

If they do the halo shit are you guys gonna line up infront of the bar? Or where exactly are you guys lining up?

We check into the hotel at 3pm so i would be getting to the venue at like 6 or 7 in the morning... I'd be getting in line or whatever 

Teenage Lush

i plan on lining up at the entrance to the bar, yes. everyone i'm going with is 21+ so we're doing that whether they do early entry or not. we'll be getting in town the night before and probably will hit a couple bars when we get there then try to catch a few hours of sleep before getting in line. 

Definitely lining up in front of the bar! Was planning on getting there early in the morning too. I just wouldn't want to camp out there. The Loop's nice (part of it is), but shit still goes down there.