Second favourite son

2016/10/26 - The Pageant, St Louis, MO, USA

_the_mule

I have to say that I am so so so appreciative for them banning cell phone photography, and props to all the fans in the crowd, who, for the most part didn't have their phones out. I cannot tell you how many times I've been in the pit only to be stuck watching the concert through a forest of arms, hands, and cell phones trying to get the perfect snapchat video.

• Like 2

That Dude

They finally played something off every album!  Except the Forgotten Albums of course but hey.  Nine albums with proper representation and some kick-booty album tracks like Scattered, Letterbomb and Armatage Shanks - They are perfecting the 2016 Green Day Live Experience!   Sure I want "The Saints are Coming", "Too Much Too, Soon" and some Meat Loaf covers.   But as reality goes, Green Day simply ROCK.  

YOUNG 

BLOOD

YOUNG BLOOD 

Punch Drunk and Young Blood 

One more thing:

One more thing:   That's a ton of American Idiot material.   WOW.  

ST JIMMY RULES

• Like 4

Adorkable
13 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

They finally played something off every album!  Except the Forgotten Albums of course but hey.  Nine albums with proper representation and some kick-booty album tracks like Scattered, Letterbomb and Armatage Shanks - They are perfecting the 2016 Green Day Live Experience!   Sure I want "The Saints are Coming", "Too Much Too, Soon" and some Meat Loaf covers.   But as reality goes, Green Day simply ROCK.  

BOUNCING

OFF

THE WALLS

Bouncing off the Walls

One more thing:

One more thing:   That's a ton of American Idiot material.   WOW.  

ST JIMMY RULES

Fixed that for you

• Like 2

Rumpelstiltskin2000

• Like 1

That Dude
2 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Fixed that for you

Bouncing off the Walls, that's a Sugarcult song that's pretty decent.  Not sure what it has to do with Green Day since they don't have a song called Bouncing off the Walls. 

Way up high.

Baby Hooligans. 

LPbilliejr

This.. Show...oh boy, where to start. Honestly the crowd was pretty weak on the left side of the pit towards Jason and Billie for the first third of the set. You could tell the audible for Welcome to Paradise, Geek Stink, and Pasalaqua was directed to remedy that, and it did enough. The irony was in the older (30s, 40s, and 50 year old) fans were going nuts compared to the tweens and teens there. Definitely a letdown crowdwise compared to Moline, and Omaha from years prior, but not a huge deal.

The set was fantastic, hitting just about all you could ask for besides Uno, Dos, Tre material. Geek Stink Breath,  Mike Dirnt is the best bass player alive, amazingly professional. He pulls off crowd interaction, form, and vocals better than anyone. Jason White looked like he was loving it out there, his playing was tighter than I've ever seen it, close your eyes I could've swore it was recorded. Tre had his usual fun, and his tone was on point. Bang Bang drum fill is crazy live, much better than a YouTube video could ever catch. Billie.... Oh my favorite guitarist,  he never disappoints. He forgot the same line to Forever Now haha, it's a curse. He played great, interacted more with his fans than the usual safe calculated live show. He also went off what we were feeding him which was neat. His voice was fantastic, hit it out of the park, way better than early sickness vocals. He didn't smash his new custom junior too lol.

The pageant had a very cool layout, but the overzealous security getting into the pit was quite annoying, I literally had to shove my way in front of one because he jumped out in front of me during scattered I think lmao.

To sum it up, it was great being a freak amongst freaks if only for a moment.

• Like 4

The Insider

Wtf they played geek👍

desertrose

14695420_10154352986753961_1387456881826

• Like 1

That Dude
1 hour ago, LPbilliejr said:

This.. Show...oh boy, where to start. Honestly the crowd was pretty weak on the left side of the pit towards Jason and Billie for the first third of the set. You could tell the audible for Welcome to Paradise, Geek Stink, and Pasalaqua was directed to remedy that, and it did enough. The irony was in the older (30s, 40s, and 50 year old) fans were going nuts compared to the tweens and teens there. Definitely a letdown crowdwise compared to Moline, and Omaha from years prior, but not a huge deal.

The set was fantastic, hitting just about all you could ask for besides Uno, Dos, Tre material. Geek Stink Breath,  Mike Dirnt is the best bass player alive, amazingly professional. He pulls off crowd interaction, form, and vocals better than anyone. Jason White looked like he was loving it out there, his playing was tighter than I've ever seen it, close your eyes I could've swore it was recorded. Tre had his usual fun, and his tone was on point. Bang Bang drum fill is crazy live, much better than a YouTube video could ever catch. Billie.... Oh my favorite guitarist,  he never disappoints. He forgot the same line to Forever Now haha, it's a curse. He played great, interacted more with his fans than the usual safe calculated live show. He also went off what we were feeding him which was neat. His voice was fantastic, hit it out of the park, way better than early sickness vocals. He didn't smash his new custom junior too lol.

The pageant had a very cool layout, but the overzealous security getting into the pit was quite annoying, I literally had to shove my way in front of one because he jumped out in front of me during scattered I think lmao.

To sum it up, it was great being a freak amongst freaks if only for a moment.

He's not forgetting the line.  He wants the crowd to sing it for him!  

Lol

51 minutes ago, desertrose said:

14695420_10154352986753961_1387456881826

11:45pm - STRICT - 

Green Day should have played until 11:46.  

• Like 1

LPbilliejr
59 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

He's not forgetting the line.  He wants the crowd to sing it for him!  

Lol 

Haha I usually buy that argument but he looked like he was thinking of the words lawl

• Like 1

desertrose

• Like 1

iScottie

^Did Hannah quit the forums or something?

Teenage Lush
16 minutes ago, iScottie said:

^Did Hannah quit the forums or something?

no, i'm right here, just with a new account :lol: 

iScottie
3 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

no, i'm right here, just with a new account :lol: 

Derpppp lol

Teenage Kicks!

Just wanna say shout out to the two dudes who were beside me on the barrier in front of Mikes mic! They caught extra Mike picks and actually gave the extra picks away! Very sweet! I actually got one from dude on my left :dance:

By the time Green Day came on I hadn't slept for like 30 hours or something so everything is fuzzy :runaround:

I really enjoyed hanging out with people in line. @Teenage Lush you so cool!!!!!  

• Like 2

Teenage Lush
23 minutes ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Just wanna say shout out to the two dudes who were beside me on the barrier in front of Mikes mic! They caught extra Mike picks and actually gave the extra picks away! Very sweet! I actually got one from dude on my left :dance:

By the time Green Day came on I hadn't slept for like 30 hours or something so everything is fuzzy :runaround:

I really enjoyed hanging out with people in line. @Teenage Lush you so cool!!!!!  

by the time we went inside i was getting pretty worried about you from being awake for so long :lol: i'm glad you survived the show! i hope your mom had fun too! i'm still so, so happy all of us ended up with good spots after worrying about it all day. that really nice mom who took care of us all day and her son ended up next to me on the barrier which made me happy. you guys all made the waiting all day much more bearable :D 

post concert depression has already set in, i miss them already :( 

• Like 2

iScottie

Found a decent portion of Forever Now!

• Like 1

LPbilliejr

Dog Party.... I was super impressed with. I had a low ass expectation going into their set, as I hate openers. It's just not my thing. But these girls played fast, hard, and gave it all they had, despite being pranked by the boys (green day put talcum powder in Lucy's top hats, smoke screennnnn). Also Gwendolyn (guitarist) had bad feedback issues which I'm betting was somebody flipping the gain up on her distortion pedal, it would scream the second she stopped playing. They got the boys back by slapping the opening act sign on Tres big kickdrum and it wasn't removed almost before they were on stage haha. The funny part was green day and the drunk bunny running out on stage during the set with clown masks on. Dog Party got the boys back by slapping the opening act sign on Tres big kickdrum and it wasn't removed almost before they were on stage haha. 

Afterwards, the show ended and the merch line was massive. My brother and I debated it and finally jumped to the end. After finally getting in behind the people at the registers, these two little people dart right past us, and I swore I noticed this pink hair sticking out lol. We mentioned "is that dog party", and of course it was, and I swear their little merchandise table was run by their mom, it was cute. I picked up their newest record and they signed it, super happy about that. And of course they spilled the beans about being pranked which was hilarious.

10/10 post concert depression. Gotta go back to that shitty job and shotty school and social media bullshit.

braydonl12
4 hours ago, LPbilliejr said:

Dog Party.... I was super impressed with. I had a low ass expectation going into their set, as I hate openers. It's just not my thing. But these girls played fast, hard, and gave it all they had, despite being pranked by the boys (green day put talcum powder in Lucy's top hats, smoke screennnnn). Also Gwendolyn (guitarist) had bad feedback issues which I'm betting was somebody flipping the gain up on her distortion pedal, it would scream the second she stopped playing. They got the boys back by slapping the opening act sign on Tres big kickdrum and it wasn't removed almost before they were on stage haha. The funny part was green day and the drunk bunny running out on stage during the set with clown masks on. Dog Party got the boys back by slapping the opening act sign on Tres big kickdrum and it wasn't removed almost before they were on stage haha. 

Afterwards, the show ended and the merch line was massive. My brother and I debated it and finally jumped to the end. After finally getting in behind the people at the registers, these two little people dart right past us, and I swore I noticed this pink hair sticking out lol. We mentioned "is that dog party", and of course it was, and I swear their little merchandise table was run by their mom, it was cute. I picked up their newest record and they signed it, super happy about that. And of course they spilled the beans about being pranked which was hilarious.

10/10 post concert depression. Gotta go back to that shitty job and shotty school and social media bullshit.

haha I was wondering why there was an opening act sign on green day's kick drum! As soon as people with masks came on I was like yep that's definitely Green Day. I thought it was funnt how mike came out with a mask of his face haha people went crazy. I didn't realize the powder on the drumset was a prank! I thought it just looked cool. haha dog party did a great job at getting people excited for Green Day.

• Like 1

Teenage Kicks!
12 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

by the time we went inside i was getting pretty worried about you from being awake for so long :lol: i'm glad you survived the show! i hope your mom had fun too! i'm still so, so happy all of us ended up with good spots after worrying about it all day. that really nice mom who took care of us all day and her son ended up next to me on the barrier which made me happy. you guys all made the waiting all day much more bearable :D 

post concert depression has already set in, i miss them already :( 

Awe. Lol I survived! When dog party played rebel girl I woke up! Thank you dog party.🙏

I was like I SEE YOU HANNAH on that barrier! was so happy when I looked around and saw everyone around me in line got barrier!!! 

This show was a complete nervous wreck with the lines all day then everything turned out smooth as fuck. Hahaha 

And post concert depression hit me hard after the new album started playing in my car on the drive home, I should have blocked it. 

Oh yeah did anyone snap a pic of the Mike and Billie smooch during going to pasafuckthissongtitle? Lol it was so cute!

Rumpelstiltskin2000
38 minutes ago, JorickF said:

Lol, Jason has an American Idiot bag like a fanboy.

That's hilarious! (Sorry Jason!)