Jump to content
Liam

2016/10/08 - Webster Hall, New York City, NY, USA

Recommended Posts

lucky_stars

So I just put in my Idiot Nation code again to see if by some miracle a ticket popped up, and instead of the "Sorry, these tickets aren't available right now" or whatever it said this morning when it sold out, it now says "We were unable to process your request. Try again later." Ugh. Is this happening for anyone else? I so want to believe Ticketmaster just screwed up the whole thing on their end. :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

Currently states "Sorry, no tickets match your search."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
laurelw
1 hour ago, lucky_stars said:

So I just put in my Idiot Nation code again to see if by some miracle a ticket popped up, and instead of the "Sorry, these tickets aren't available right now" or whatever it said this morning when it sold out, it now says "We were unable to process your request. Try again later." Ugh. Is this happening for anyone else? I so want to believe Ticketmaster just screwed up the whole thing on their end. :ermm:

"We were unable to process your request. Try again later" means that they have BLOCKED your account/ISP from buying tickets.

"No tickets match your search" = no tickets available.

"We were unable to process your request. Try again later" = your account has been blocked from seeing/buying tickets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clockwise

Don't know if I should even try for this one on Friday. Maybe if I get lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gdsaurus_lex
1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Don't know if I should even try for this one on Friday. Maybe if I get lottery.

I just decided to try to get tickets to NYC now as my ticketmaster APP messaged me "Don't miss out on tickets" and now the whole look of the page is different, it now has the credit card entrance, but no tickets are available. I wonder when they were released? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TessTheGreatt

Where do you see credit card entrance? I don't see it on ticketmaster, hopefully they changed it. The presale started this morning at 9am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gdsaurus_lex
6 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

Where do you see credit card entrance? I don't see it on ticketmaster, hopefully they changed it. The presale started this morning at 9am.

This morning the ticketmaster layout for the tickets looked a lot different. When I tried it this evening it had more information listed and had a little icon that says "Pre-sale has started" which it didn't have this morning (at least on mine). This morning it also didn't specify this would be a credit card swipe access event which it does now. Just noticed a few things were different and didn't know if people had luck later on in the day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin
21 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

Where do you see credit card entrance? I don't see it on ticketmaster, hopefully they changed it. The presale started this morning at 9am.

I don't see that either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gdsaurus_lex
11 hours ago, Justin said:

I don't see that either 

ok so I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure there was a glitch with my computer (or the lack of sleep from anxiety the night before made me a complete moron, which is a definite possibility) because I didn't notice when I was clicking on NYC it was bringing me to OH last night which explains why it looked so different. I looked at it again this morning and there isn't credit card swipe access, sorry for the confusion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider man.

Sorry, I know it's been discussed a lot but I guess I'm still just confused. If I don't get an email tonight, am I basically screwed out of a chance for tickets tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

People who were picked from the lottery are not screwerd in anyway for tomororw-they are seperate chances for tickets. If you don't receive an email tonight, you can still try tomorrow morning.

I just wish I had an estimate for tonight.

Edit: UPDATE: 
This is now listed under the "Onsale Times" section on Ticketmaster:

Lottery Sale

Start: Fri, 09/09/16 09:00 AM EDT
End: Sat, 10/08/16 05:00 PM EDT 

 

But the general public onsale is tomorrow too??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider man.

Is there a general sale listed too, or just the lottery? this whole thing is killing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paola17

This is what ticketmaster has:

Quote

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri, 09/09/16 09:00 AM EDT

Lottery Sale

Start: Fri, 09/09/16 09:00 AM EDT
End: Sat, 10/08/16 05:00 PM EDT

Fan Club Presale

Start: Wed, 09/07/16 09:00 AM EDT
End: Thu, 09/08/16 10:00 PM EDT

I don't...I don't know. Hopefully some of us here manage to be a part of the lottery and can tell us what the email says apart from the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider man.

Nevermind, I just looked and both are listed and at the same time. I genuinely don't understand the point of the lottery or what Webster is doing.

Whoops, sorry, just saw you replied. I just don't understand ANY of this. I'm hoping the emails come soon so we can hopefully have a better understanding of what's going on.

Edited by spider man.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
W Axl Rose

I have a feeling tens of thousands of people, including tons of scalpers,entered this lottery and most of us won't get a code. I keep checking the Webster Hall Facebook and here to see if they've sent out emails yet. From the way a poster on here made it sound, if you get a code,you are better off attempting to purchase one ticket,rather than two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider man.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I wish I knew when the e-mails were supposed to go out so I could stop checking my e-mail. What I'm guessing is there's 800 tickets for the lotto (so 700-800 for general, too?) So basically 400 people have a chance at getting 2 tickets, which means yeah, there's basically no shot in hell considering you're probably right and TONS of people have signed up for the lotto. I'm pretty much already planning on having to buy my tickets from StubHub or some other reseller if I want to go to this show.

 

I don't know honestly, I just wish Webster could sell these tickets normally like every other venue is doing...

Edited by spider man.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makingyourmascarableed

I have a gut feeling the lottery is going to blow up in everyone's faces.

I understand the venue is small and everything but, I don't see why they couldn't just have all their tickets on general sale rather than having two separate buying "options". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
W Axl Rose
48 minutes ago, spider man. said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I wish I knew when the e-mails were supposed to go out so I could stop checking my e-mail. What I'm guessing is there's 800 tickets for the lotto (so 700-800 for general, too?) So basically 400 people have a chance at getting 2 tickets, which means yeah, there's basically no shot in hell considering you're probably right and TONS of people have signed up for the lotto. I'm pretty much already planning on having to buy my tickets from StubHub or some other reseller if I want to go to this show.

 

I don't know honestly, I just wish Webster could sell these tickets normally like every other venue is doing...

I saw two of the four AI Club shows in 2004 (Toronto and NYC) I think NYC was Irving Plaza. I remeber that venue being cool. This Webster Hall has got some brutal reviews on their Facebook.  Apparently they have to approve your posts and many of them involve security beating fans. I can only imagine what posts they don't approve. I think you are looking at $500/ticket easily tomorrow on Stubhub. I love Green Day but fuck that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TessTheGreatt

Friend of mine called Webster asking about the lottery & they said there isn't a sale besides the lottery. Everyone who gets an email will get a unique code for 2 tix. So basically like the presale

43 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

I saw two of the four AI Club shows in 2004 (Toronto and NYC) I think NYC was Irving Plaza. I remeber that venue being cool. This Webster Hall has got some brutal reviews on their Facebook.  Apparently they have to approve your posts and many of them involve security beating fans. I can only imagine what posts they don't approve. I think you are looking at $500/ticket easily tomorrow on Stubhub. I love Green Day but fuck that. 

Webster is a shitty shady venue that I try to avoid as much as possible. They've almost been shut down a few times & I wish they had. Don't understand why they didn't go back Irving or Bowery Ballroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin
11 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

Friend of mine called Webster asking about the lottery & they said there isn't a sale besides the lottery. Everyone who gets an email will get a unique code for 2 tix. So basically like the presale

Webster is a shitty shady venue that I try to avoid as much as possible. They've almost been shut down a few times & I wish they had. Don't understand why they didn't go back Irving or Bowery Ballroom.

Wait what?!? There's no general sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spider man.
49 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

I saw two of the four AI Club shows in 2004 (Toronto and NYC) I think NYC was Irving Plaza. I remeber that venue being cool. This Webster Hall has got some brutal reviews on their Facebook.  Apparently they have to approve your posts and many of them involve security beating fans. I can only imagine what posts they don't approve. I think you are looking at $500/ticket easily tomorrow on Stubhub. I love Green Day but fuck that. 

Shit, really? Webster is the only small popular venue I haven't been to, and now I'm not that disappointed. No way will I be paying $500! I'm hoping to watch them for the next few weeks until the price of the drop and aren't too bad.

 

12 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

Friend of mine called Webster asking about the lottery & they said there isn't a sale besides the lottery. Everyone who gets an email will get a unique code for 2 tix. So basically like the presale.

Wait as in no general sale at all? This is what I'm terrified of because if that's true, that's SO fucked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robin105

I just checked, there is still a general sale. The general sale and the lottery sale start the same time. So stupid. Makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clockwise

This is such a mess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robin105
Just now, Clockwise said:

This is such a mess!

Yes it is! It's making me so nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lucky_stars

What the fuck! That's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×