Liam

2016/10/08 - Webster Hall, New York City, NY, USA

Paola17

Thanks for what you're doing .

I'll make sure to remind Billie of how much you love him and he loves you.

Adorkable
Just now, Paola17 said:

Thanks for what you're doing .

I'll make sure to remind Billie of how much you love him and he loves you.

Well, I am his favorite fan.  :lol:

Justin

A 1500 venue, gives 800 available for a lottery purchase and doesn't have restrictions on reselling. That's literally giving your chances to get legit tickets slim to none

• Like 2

yesfan18

I'm guessing the venue is going to hold 1600 for the event and they are assuming each person buys two. I think they are trying to make sure the site doesn't crash.

Edited by yesfan18

W Axl Rose
4 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I can't go to the show, I have plans that I can't change.  I'm trying to be nice and go for tickets since they seem to be hard to get.  I'm not giving them away, I will sell them at face value.  I was just trying to help you guys out.   

Right on. I hope I'm wrong and that some of us get tickets Friday. So far, I give Idiot Club low marks mostly because I'm bitter. There's no way they should have allowed people to sign up as late as yesterday. Sure you get some fans but also tons of scalpers willing to pay $20 in the hopes of making a grand.

Paola17
2 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

I'm guessing the venue is going to hold 1600 for the event and they are assuming each person buys two. I think they are trying to make sure the site doesn't crash.

The ballroom itself only holds around 1500-1600. 
More so, holding 800tix total, so about 400 min will get tix if they each buy two.

yesfan18
Just now, Paola17 said:

The ballroom itself only holds around 1500-1600. 
More so, holding 800tix total, so about 400 min will get tix if they each buy two.

Wow that sucks! So that means about 800 tickets were given a way today. This is a nightmare

Paola17

Just now, yesfan18 said:

Wow that sucks! So that means about 800 tickets were given a way today. This is a nightmare

I'd assume about 200 were given away today, and about 500-600 will be available for Friday.

Jaymee!!
1 minute ago, yesfan18 said:

US residents only too. Fuckets.

W Axl Rose
3 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

I doubt they sold 800 to the club today .Who knows though. They fucked up by having this be one of the only shows not to require a credit card for entry. Toronto is only two hours from me whereas NYC is six but I went for this since I figured TO would only be an hour long performance not a full set.

Justin
5 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

Right on. I hope I'm wrong and that some of us get tickets Friday. So far, I give Idiot Club low marks mostly because I'm bitter. There's no way they should have allowed people to sign up as late as yesterday. Sure you get some fans but also tons of scalpers willing to pay $20 in the hopes of making a grand.

My thing that I always stand for, you charge people for membership (other things but the IC really only has presale going for it), I still believe if you have presale clubs you should have the majority of tickets available for your fan base. Then what doesn't sell goes up the next day for general sale.

I would happily pay $20 extra to secure a almost guaranteed spot at getting tickets instead of the "well you might you might not but most likely not"

W Axl Rose

Again,getting a code is a guarantee of two tickets available for you to purchase through this lottery, correct? So if we don't get a code is there even a point to trying during the regular onsale? For all I know,people could have 100 different emails per person trying to get a code.

yesfan18

You need a code for Friday to do the General onsale...right?

lucky_stars
1 minute ago, W Axl Rose said:

Again,getting a code is a guarantee of two tickets available for you to purchase through this lottery, correct? So if we don't get a code is there even a point to trying during the regular onsale? For all I know,people could have 100 different emails per person trying to get a code.

Even if you get a code there isn't a guarantee that you will actually be able to secure 2 tickets. The code gives you the ability to purchase up to 2 tickets, but they are releasing 800 tickets to 800 individual entrants. So if 400 people buy 2 tickets each (which is likely), then the remaining 400 entrants' codes become invalid. See my earlier post on page 2 - I found the specific terms and conditions. DO NOT enter with more than one email/name/info - all of the entries will be disqualified. 

lizziebix
3 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

You need a code for Friday to do the General onsale...right?

No. Open to everyone. 

W Axl Rose
1 minute ago, lucky_stars said:

Even if you get a code there isn't a guarantee that you will actually be able to secure 2 tickets. The code gives you the ability to purchase up to 2 tickets, but they are releasing 800 tickets to 800 individual entrants. So if 400 people buy 2 tickets each (which is likely), then the remaining 400 entrants' codes become invalid. See my earlier post on page 2 - I found the specific terms and conditions. DO NOT enter with more than one email/name/info - all of the entries will be disqualified. 

Thanks. I guess I'll go for one if I get a code. But you know the scalpers have a way around this just like they get around the bots checkpoints. So if you don't get a code can you still try during the general onsale?

lucky_stars
11 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

Thanks. I guess I'll go for one if I get a code. But you know the scalpers have a way around this just like they get around the bots checkpoints. So if you don't get a code can you still try during the general onsale?

Yup! I'm entering into the lottery today (all entries must be received by 4pm) and also trying to do the general onsale Friday morning. The 800 lottery codes are being sent via email - they don't give a specific time I don't think!

Edited by lucky_stars
Incorrect info!

W Axl Rose
2 minutes ago, lucky_stars said:

Yup! I'm entering into the lottery today (all entries must be received by 4pm) and also trying to do the general onsale tomorrow morning. The 800 lottery codes are being sent via email tomorrow evening - they don't give a specific time - so if you're lucky to get a code then, that's pretty much the last chance at getting tickets. Besides resellers/scalpers of course.

I thought the on-sale was Friday?

Paola17

Isn't general on sale Friday morning?

Tomorrow is Thursday...

This is ridiculous. I only found one person on twitter that says they bought them (granted I didn't do an extensive search), but still...

91 dollars with fees for today. I don't believe ticketweb charges as high on the fees so hopefully that holds true for tomorrow. Speaking of-is general on sale happening on ticketweb or ticketmaster?

bloodymurderbitch

entered the lotto nonsense. let's see what happens 

lucky_stars
5 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

I thought the on-sale was Friday?

Shit you're right hahaha I forgot today was Wednesday. All this nonsense has me screwed up.

yesfan18

I know someone explained this before but i'm lost here. What's the point of the code then if anyone can buy them Friday? Sorry i'm just really lost on this whole thing 

drumstick

didnt get tickets either.. insane!

hoping for friday but this whole code shit thing got me very confused 

Adorkable
2 minutes ago, drumstick said:

didnt get tickets either.. insane!

hoping for friday but this whole code shit thing got me very confused 

7 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

I know someone explained this before but i'm lost here. What's the point of the code then if anyone can buy them Friday? Sorry i'm just really lost on this whole thing 

The venue set aside 800 tickets that you are only able to purchase if you are given a lottery code.  You have to enter teh lottery to get the code.  Webster Hall only seats 1,500 so if we assume a small amount went for the presale today, just for numbers sake, lets say 100.  That would mean that if you do not get the lottery, there would only be 600 available for general sale.  Of course, I have no idea how many went for the presale today, that general sale number could be much less. 

yesfan18
1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

The venue set aside 800 tickets that you are only able to purchase if you are given a lottery code.  You have to enter teh lottery to get the code.  Webster Hall only seats 1,500 so if we assume a small amount went for the presale today, just for numbers sake, lets say 100.  That would mean that if you do not get the lottery, there would only be 600 available for general sale.  Of course, I have no idea how many went for the presale today, that general sale number could be much less. 

That makes a lot more sense. Thank you