Liam

2016/09/29 - Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA, USA

loggyluke

Does anyone have an extra ticket to sell? I missed the general sale ugh. I don't have $400 to afford the scalpers' offer. :(

Edited by loggyluke

Lauren

I'm taking off of work to go to the DC show Monday, so I don't wanna piss off my boss and take off for PA or NJ. So I'll be working but I'll leave early since I don't get done working until 6 normally and this is an early show. 

The earliest I ever lined up for a show was 7 am and I still didn't get the barrier. The latest I ever lined up for a show was after doors opened, and I got the barrier. You can be there as early as you want, but if there are more than one security people or if people cut, it could completely ruin your chance of getting barrier, especially at a small show where there's not much barrier. So not only do you not get barrier, but you had to wait all day so you're kind of tired and a little cranky.

It's pretty easy to get to the 2nd-5thish row from the very back, so you don't need to get there early for that. Although, I've always found that for a green day show, if I'm not on the barrier, it's better to stand back about ten rows. The barrier gives you something to hold onto and no one is in front of you so you can breathe, but the couple of rows behind the barrier are filled with people fighting their way to be on the barrier, and it gets REALLY rough. At the only other club show I've been to, I had someone pulling my hair out to the point I was screaming and in tears -- NOT fun. 

• Like 1

Clockwise

So let's discuss game plans! What time is everyone planning on lining up? Have you been looking into hotels in the area? What's your plan?

Paola17

I still need to call the venue and see how they will actually go about sorting everyone into different sections based on their ticket. Will there be three separate lines? Will people be directing you inside? Can we cause complete chaos and go wherever we want?

Again, I'll probably arrive around 2:30, 2:40pm. 

Just tried to look for lodging for those of you traveling from far away and while I can't spot any hotels within walking distance or the like, there are some nearby airbnb listings for 30-50 dollars for a night (If either of you are traveling via subway to a hotel or anything, at least the train is right across the street?)

Is anyone hanging around after the show?

• Like 1

stories and songs

I got a text notification that they released more tickets for this, and I GOT THEM! :dance: After refreshing obsessively for like two hours straight. Persistence will get you everywhere, folks. 

• Like 2

Ludwig van Beethoven

Beethoven has risen from the dead to attend a Green Day concert (I haven't been on the form for about a year so probably none of you remember me).

I got the text yesterday saying more tickets were released and I never did anything faster than I bought that ticket.

RIP textbook fund. I still need to buy bus tickets from Pitt to Philly and back too. It honestly is worth it though, Green Day means the world to me and I'd do anything to see them.

Is there anyone in or near Pittsburgh that would like to travel to Philly with me?

• Like 3

stories and songs

Well, here's hoping this show doesn't get cancelled. Sending all the good vibes toward the band/crew that they make speedy recoveries. We still have well over a week until this show, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

bloodymurderbitch

what the fuck, I didn't get any text or email about more tickets going on sale. :cry:

CaptainCC

I guess it's best to get it out there now. I have one ticket for the floor, I'm seeing if anyone has a balcony seat and wants to trade. Guess we could meet down there at the show cause of the whole credit card entry, but once we each get our tickets, we can do the whole thang. 

Spoiler

Clockwise
34 minutes ago, CaptainCC said:

I guess it's best to get it out there now. I have one ticket for the floor, I'm seeing if anyone has a balcony seat and wants to trade. Guess we could meet down there at the show cause of the whole credit card entry, but once we each get our tickets, we can do the whole thang. 

Reveal hidden contents

I would be interested in swapping!

stories and songs
3 hours ago, bloodymurderbitch said:

what the fuck, I didn't get any text or email about more tickets going on sale. :cry:

Ticketmaster gives you an option to put your number in if more tickets are released. I'd never done it before, but it's definitely a good thing to do for any shows you might be able to make it to and want to keep an eye on. 

Paola17

So I finally called the venue .

The lady at the box office told me everything is first come, first serve within your ticket section (but she also stated there were only two sections-pit and balcony-I thought there were also floor seats behind the pit). They will be monitering so people go in the section they are actually assigned.

People can arrive whenever they want, she said. Will call office opens at 3.

• Like 2

jmoser201
8 hours ago, Paola17 said:

So I finally called the venue .

The lady at the box office told me everything is first come, first serve within your ticket section (but she also stated there were only two sections-pit and balcony-I thought there were also floor seats behind the pit). They will be monitering so people go in the section they are actually assigned.

People can arrive whenever they want, she said. Will call office opens at 3.

Then why would the pit tickets be more expensive than the floor tickets?? 

Paola17
16 hours ago, jmoser201 said:

Then why would the pit tickets be more expensive than the floor tickets?? 

Just posting what I was told.

8 days.

jmoser201
15 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Just posting what I was told.

8 days.

No worries! I just feel like there is gonna be a lot of confusion and fighting once the doors open haha

Ludwig van Beethoven

What time do you guys think we should line up if we have floor tickets?

jmoser201

I plan on getting there by noon. I have pit tickets though.

bloodymurderbitch

I just got a ticket!!!!!!!! I'll be in the pit!!!! OH YEAH IM READY. 

• Like 2

Paola17

I know that we can't really rely on what the predicted weather is for the day of the show, but as of right now, the Weather Channel says there is a 90% chance of rain on Thursday-all day.

Hopefully that will change.

Todd
2 hours ago, Paola17 said:

I know that we can't really rely on what the predicted weather is for the day of the show, but as of right now, the Weather Channel says there is a 90% chance of rain on Thursday-all day.

Hopefully that will change.

Shit :( didn't even think about that. 

bloodymurderbitch

Lets all hope for no rain...that would be pretty shitty. 

Paola17

In case some of you haven't checked your email yet:

"Hello Green Day Fan,

The below message is being sent on behalf of the Tower Theater in regards to your upcoming event.

Green Day

Tower Theater

Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 8:00PM

We wanted to make you aware of the will call redemption policy for this event, as all tickets are available via will call pick up only for Green Day at the legendary Tower Theater on Thursday, September 29th. Doors for this show are scheduled to open at 6:30 p.m. and the show is scheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m.
This show is SOLD OUT and we can’t wait to see you there!
In order to accommodate the time needed to process many will call pick up orders, the Tower Theater box office will be opening up extra early at 10 a.m.

The Details You Want to Know:

· Bring your valid government-issued photo ID and the credit card you used to place your ticket order with you to the Tower Theater box office at any point on Thursday, September 29th from 10 a.m. and on. All patrons must have these items in their possession in order to retrieve their tickets from will call. It’s a good idea to also have a copy of your email ticker order confirmation handy (printed or on your mobile device).

· Your ticket order confirmation notes a specific section of the venue (GAPIT, GAFLOOR, GABALC) which corresponds with the first come, first served general admission section of the theater your ticket(s) are valid for. You will only be able to access the venue section noted on your ticket(s).

· Have further questions? Please contact the box office directly at: (610) 352-2887 for assistance."

I've never received a notification email like this, and thus it's only making everything more real :D 

• Like 1

HungryHungryModels

Info provided by the Tower Theater on their website:

WHY SEE GREEN DAY?

REVOLUTION RADIO TOUR

After a break of four years, America's finest pop-punk rebels return with their new album Revolution Radio, and an extensive North American tour to match.

The last 25 years of popular music would sound very different without Green Day. Emerging out of the Californian punk scene of the early 90s, Green Day hit it big with their third record Dookie, its bratty, poppy sound marking a new chapter in American alternative rock after the fizzling out of grunge. The trio continued their snot-nosed pop-punk reign over the rest of the decade, before reinventing themselves with the politically-mined American Idiot album in 2004. Following the lacklustre response to their epic album trilogy Uno, Dos, Tre, Revolution Rock sees the band return to their roots with 12 short, sharp punk anthems.

Catch Billie, Mike and Tre playing new material, alongside all the old classics ('Basket case', 'American Idiot', Welcome to Paradise') when they hit Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA, September 29, 2016

I'm so excited to be there. <3 

• Like 1

o_O

i live like 2 hrs away and i still couldn't go poo

HungryHungryModels

By the way, message me if you're going to this show and let me know if you're interested in meeting up with me and Todd! :D