Liam

2016/09/28 - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ, USA

TessTheGreatt
11 hours ago, drumstick said:

Do you need to have priority parking in order to park at their parking? What if we don't have that parking ticket? Any other safe parkings around?

Idk if you can still park without it, but someone on the fb event said there's a knights of Columbus across the street people park in a lot for show

• Like 1

Clockwise

So let's discuss game plans! What time is everyone planning on lining up? Have you been looking into hotels in the area? What's your plan?

sara_gd
4 hours ago, Clockwise said:

So let's discuss game plans! What time is everyone planning on lining up? Have you been looking into hotels in the area? What's your plan?

I've been looking for hotels but there's not many in the area... :ermm: Is anyone going to NYC after the show? Apparently there's no transport to there until the morning!

We're going to line up since the night before, 3AM or so :) 

moonj17

I've never been there, but I just spoke to a friend who has, and he said there is absolutely nothing nearby - no food or bathrooms! He said he thinks there might be a Quick Chek or similar convenience store 2-3 miles away, but it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Since I live in NJ, I think I will take a ride there soon to assess the situation...

Clockwise
7 minutes ago, moonj17 said:

I've never been there, but I just spoke to a friend who has, and he said there is absolutely nothing nearby - no food or bathrooms! He said he thinks there might be a Quick Chek or similar convenience store 2-3 miles away, but it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Since I live in NJ, I think I will take a ride there soon to assess the situation...

Hmm, let us know! Definitely going to book a hotel in the next few days.

TessTheGreatt
8 hours ago, sara_gd said:

I've been looking for hotels but there's not many in the area... :ermm: Is anyone going to NYC after the show? Apparently there's no transport to there until the morning!

We're going to line up since the night before, 3AM or so :) 

I may be, a friend who's coming later after work may borrow a car to drive me back but if not, we're commuting. Most definitely commuting to go though.

3 hours ago, moonj17 said:

Yeah I've heard the same, just reuse those empty water bottles & bring protein bars :ga:

• Like 1

Whatsername1964

I booked at the Best Western East Brunswick...... it's not that far at all and there's lots of food within walking distance. The rates aren't bad either.... hope this helps! https://goo.gl/maps/VQGDuWxzqf92

Edited by Whatsername1964
  • Like 1

sara_gd
3 hours ago, TessTheGreatt said:

I may be, a friend who's coming later after work may borrow a car to drive me back but if not, we're commuting. Most definitely commuting to go though.

Yeah I've heard the same, just reuse those empty water bottles & bring protein bars :ga:

There's some transport until 1AM that I missed, so it should be okay. Thanks! :happy: 

drumstick
18 hours ago, sara_gd said:

We're going to line up since the night before, 3AM or so :) l

Wow i don't think it's necessary to start lining up that early, especially since it's thursday..

TessTheGreatt
1 hour ago, drumstick said:

Wow i don't think it's necessary to start lining up that early, especially since it's thursday..

Yeah, especially with starparking pass holders getting to skip the line. It's the same as with the contest winners at Irving & the venue members at HOB in Cleveland. If you don't have it you most likely won't get barrier. I'll still be there early, but I'm not camping this one.

drumstick
45 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

Yeah, especially with starparking pass holders getting to skip the line. It's the same as with the contest winners at Irving & the venue members at HOB in Cleveland. If you don't have it you most likely won't get barrier. I'll still be there early, but I'm not camping this one.

Oh I didn't know that you get to skip the line with starparking pass :mellow: that sucks.. Is there only one entrance?

TessTheGreatt
3 hours ago, drumstick said:

Oh I didn't know that you get to skip the line with starparking pass :mellow: that sucks.. Is there only one entrance?

I'd assume so since it's a club, probably just 1 patron entrance & maybe a side entrance by the stage for equipment, I've never been before so I could be wrong.

but this is what it says on starland's website about starparking:

"Why purchase StarParking? Because a StarParking pass guarantees up-close parking for the purchaser's designated vehicle and line privileges for everyone in the vehicle. Line privileges doesn't mean you get in early or necessarily first. It does mean that you get in with the people at the front of the line - many of whom have been waiting for hours - regardless of when you arrive."

drumstick
15 minutes ago, TessTheGreatt said:

I'd assume so since it's a club, probably just 1 patron entrance & maybe a side entrance by the stage for equipment, I've never been before so I could be wrong.

but this is what it says on starland's website about starparking:

"Why purchase StarParking? Because a StarParking pass guarantees up-close parking for the purchaser's designated vehicle and line privileges for everyone in the vehicle. Line privileges doesn't mean you get in early or necessarily first. It does mean that you get in with the people at the front of the line - many of whom have been waiting for hours - regardless of when you arrive."

Hmm I wonder how that's gonna work.. They should arrange a couple of different lines, but this being such a small venue, I doubt it.. I can already smell chaos lol

Lauren

Yeah, don't line up that early. It's completely pointless for a small venue like this (small barrier space) especially when there are people who get to skip the line. It's not worth it to be cranky/uncomfortable for the show. I would say don't line up before around noon. At least you'll get to sleep in a bit and be well rested. 

sara_gd
21 hours ago, drumstick said:

20 hours ago, TessTheGreatt said:

19 hours ago, drumstick said:

It was posted in this thread earlier that parking people won't go in first, but will go in with people who have been queueing for hours. That is, they won't go in before myself :lol: 

Yeah I know it isn't necessary to queue that early, but we're getting to South Amboy at around 2AM and it's not worth it to get a hostel, miles away also.

Dirty Rotten Bastard

tbh i just like the whole queuing experience in general, regardless of whether i actually get the barrier

Forever Now
On September 11, 2016 at 0:11 AM, drumstick said:

Do you need to have priority parking in order to park at their parking? What if we don't have that parking ticket? Any other safe parkings around?

I asked the venue and they said they have regular parking for non VIPs as well. Fee is $7.00 :) 

drumstick
39 minutes ago, xnovacaine said:

I asked the venue and they said they have regular parking for non VIPs as well. Fee is $7.00 :) 

Oh thats great! Thank you 

• Like 1

Dgc800

Hey all,

So I've got a question.  Anyone happen to have a second ticket to this Sayreville show that would be interested in going to the Webster Hall show in NYC as well? I have a second ticket to the NYC show that we could swap for anyone looking to go to both shows like I am.  Let me know!

• Like 1

plugincitizen

If anyone has a ticket to sell for the show, please contact me! I would kill for a ticket for this show or Webster Hall.

moonj17

Strange... On the GD Facebook page the Ohio and NJ shows aren't listed under upcoming events, but the PA show the day after Starland is there. 

tommygoodtimee

Is anyone coming from te Lawrenceville/Princeton or Trenton area? Really don't wanna go alone  

xawesomeasfucktimex

So I'm driving down 6 hours from Canada and I plan on arriving Tuesday night to camp out! Does anyone know of a place I could park that's close by/within walking distance ?? Also if anyone wants to line up early with me you're so welcome, I'm coming alone and don't know anybody! Also heading to Philly for the show the next day right after if anyone also wants to line up with me for that/wants a ride, hit me up. So fucking stoked. 

• Like 1

moonj17

I did a drive-by tonight to scope out the scene. There is a strip mall about a mile away with a Dunkin Donuts, a few small food spots (I think there was pizza, Chinese, a pub and a bbq spot), and a little convenience store. In the other direction, about 1 1/2 miles away, there is a Wawa and a liquor store. Right across the street there is a VFW for additional parking. I'm so freakin excited!