Liam

2016/09/26 - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH, USA

noctilca
27 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i love these!!! how much were they?

also were they selling the big flag with the rev rad album cover on it? 

My husband picked them up for me during the show.. He's a bit sleepy atm but I asked how much and he said maybe $20? I'll see if I can find out for sure in the morning!  The only thing I remember for sure was that the hoodie was $60.

I *think* they were selling the banners but I didn't ask about it.. I'm sorry :(

Also, I don't know of this was mentioned but the tour shirts have the original scheduled dates in the back (not surprising what with the short notice, but I wonder if they will change them soon?) 

• Like 1

Hermione

The videos are awesome! Just making me looking forward to seeing them even more.

They need to pay a visit to a fancy dress shop and get themselves some costumes for KFAD though :P 

Bully Hoe

I saw this on tumblr, can anybody confirm?

Some fans paid a load of money for tickets that turned out to be fake and so they couldn't get into the show, but BJ found out and went to meet them and talk to them. What a nice man.

• Like 1

Bully Hoe
5 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

i just saw this comment:

"This isn't real heavy metal...they don't make bands anymore like they did in the 1970's and 80's"

I don't think they have ever been accused of not being "real heavy metal" before :lol: also Green Day was made in the 80s but whatever 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
37 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I saw this on tumblr, can anybody confirm?

Seems unlikely, but no clue. I do know Mike gave a security guard guitar picks to give to the group that camped overnight though. He's so sweet. 

• Like 4

Bully Hoe
21 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Seems unlikely, but no clue. I do know Mike gave a security guard guitar picks to give to the group that camped overnight though. He's so sweet. 

Mike's the best :wub: He's the number 1 band member I'd like to meet in person

• Like 3

Slash
1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

Mike's the best :wub: He's the number 1 band member I'd like to meet in person

One day I hope to meet them all! 

Tek
16 hours ago, Joe K said:

Fucking hell didn't anyone catch Revolution Radio on video completely? Guess we have to wait for tomorrows show.

Here is my video I took of Revolution Radio and my very embarrassing singing :D

• Like 3

Joe K
1 minute ago, Tek said:

Here is my video I took of Revolution Radio and my very embarrassing singing :D

Oh my god thank you so much

TheUltimateOutsider
47 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

- First time I've seen Green Day where they haven't played Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I was also a bit surprised to see that because it's still (one of) their biggest hits. Anyone knows why it was not on the setlist ?

Slash
5 minutes ago, TheUltimateOutsider said:

I was also a bit surprised to see that because it's still (one of) their biggest hits. Anyone knows why it was not on the setlist ?

It is pretty weird, I love Boulevard and its one of their big hits, I hope they play it in the future shows. 

JardyOfSuburbia
30 minutes ago, TheUltimateOutsider said:

We'll see what happens in future shows, but they seem to be playing faster, aggressive tracks. The slowest song played during the set (not the encore) was Christie Road.

• Like 2

Tek
1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

We'll see what happens in future shows, but they seem to be playing faster, aggressive tracks. The slowest song played during the set (not the encore) was Christie Road.

I was happy during that song because the pushing seemed to stop lol

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
2 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Did anyone else notice how much Billie was spitting during the show? I don't recall seeing him do that before which I'll chalk up to that flu bug he was battling.

Yes!!! And as someone who has a really bad gag reflex when I see/hear spit or phlegm or really any bodily functions, I was totally freaking out. I also noticed that Tré had a cup to spit in sitting on a table next to his drum set. Fucking gross. :lol:

I do remember seeing spit flying from Billie's mouth a few times during my arena show in Pittsburgh though. I'm not sure if it's really that unusual. 

Also, I'm really sorry to hear everyone here had such a shitty time in the pit. My side was really tame, but maybe that's because I had a few people I knew (including my six-foot-tall husband) behind me. There were just a couple times where I felt too much pressure from pushing on the sides of my ribs, but nobody bothered me at all and only one or two crowd surfers went above me the whole show. 

• Like 3

Tek
4 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yes!!! And as someone who has a really bad gag reflex when I see/hear spit or phlegm or really any bodily functions, I was totally freaking out. I also noticed that Tré had a cup to spit in sitting on a table next to his drum set. Fucking gross. :lol:

I do remember seeing spit flying from Billie's mouth a few times during my arena show in Pittsburgh though. I'm not sure if it's really that unusual. 

Also, I'm really sorry to hear everyone here had such a shitty time in the pit. My side was really tame, but maybe that's because I had a few people I knew (including my six-foot-tall husband) behind me. There were just a couple times where I felt too much pressure from pushing on the sides of my ribs, but nobody bothered me at all and only one or two crowd surfers went above me the whole show. 

I just felt bad for the people that were getting so frustrated that they left their spot. I know how exciting it can be to get a close spot then be constantly smushed to the point of frustration. None of it bothered me, I was annoyed, but I was more excited I was so close.

One of the guys I was next to is a member on this forum although I forgot his name, something about drumming. He was like yeah we are here in this spot now until the surge then you will be nearly to the front.

He wasn't kidding, by the end of the show I was two people back from the very front. I don't understand the pushing, I get mosh pits but I don't think there was even room for one to happen lol. I wonder what the crowd looked like from the balcony...huge mass of people swaying front, back, side to side. 

• Like 2

JardyOfSuburbia
42 minutes ago, Tek said:

I was happy during that song because the pushing seemed to stop lol

My brother said the same thing.

My body was so contorted for a good portion of the show that only my right arm was free for me to throw my fist in the air. I had this girl next to me who told the guy in front of her on the barrier "I will fucking end you if you knock my hand away again." I just laughed.

There were a few times where I was seriously on top of the person in front of me. I felt like I was going to be squished into oblivion.

Also, the girl behind me in line all day had to have security pull her out during Bang Bang because she couldn't take it. I felt bad for her. She was there by herself and waited all day just for that.

I forgot to mention that Billie totally screwed up the lyrics at the end of Longview. He should have called me up instead :)

• Like 2

Grinch

Is there anyone in this site named John S. Joseph or anyone related to Green Day? They're taking down ALL videos related to this concert like an asshole. I have another copyright strike and I'm seeing videos go down and back up all over.

Mary711

Now it's official that Billie read my wishlist with both Scattered and Christie Road being played. :P 

JardyOfSuburbia

Pure speculation but there were a ton of microphones aimed at the audience. Live album in the works?

• Like 2

iWroteHoldenCaulfield84

To those of you who bought a ticket(s) for this show after the pre-sale and general sale..... did any of you have any luck or any issues buying from a reseller online or a scalper at the actual venue???

I saw how huge the crowd was in videos and don't recall hearing many people actually being successful at getting tickets during the presale nor general sale, so was wondering how everyone that missed that opportunity was able to get a ticket(s)? Thanks a bunch everyone.... just looking for a reliable way to get me a ticket for the Washington D.C. show.

Tek

There were people in front of me that got their tickets from a reseller and people behind me that got their tickets from Vivid seats also a reseller.

Despite the venue stating that your information must match the photo id and credit card used on ticketmaster those people were let in without any problems. I didn't see anyone that was turned away but those people I was around did have prepaid credit cards that the reseller sent them. 

• Like 1

Slash

14502918_10154588468929521_5820225483092

• Like 1

noctilca

It really sucks that people had to leave the pit so soon. I was forced out by the second song. My husband was behind me and he was getting really beaten up.  I was running on next to no sleep (worked all day Sunday, drove all night to Columbus, waited in line all day) and lack of sleep makes me really emotional anyway, but having to leave left me literally in tears. So I apologize to anyone who had to witness the blubbering, sleep-deprived mess that was wandering around the outskirts of the crowd for the rest of the show..

Btw, I just asked my husband and confirmed that the pins were $20. Also, Dog Party signed our CD, which was super nice of them.